It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Isn't Real.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
More insane maddness, i feel stupid for reading it.

I concur. Is it me or does it seem there are more of these lately? I wonder if it's something in the water

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Deemo Diablo

I concur. Is it me or does it seem there are more of these lately? I wonder if it's something in the water

Yep, it's called flouride.

I was feeling stupid too, until you made me laugh!

Thanks,
Milt
edit on 14-5-2011 by BenReclused because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by smithjustinb

Conversely one could argue that all there is is space. So much space between particles that the actual mass of particles is so small they barely exist.

The universe is mostly empty space !

From the point of view of physics, you are correct, in my opinion. But from the point of view from that which is hidden and undiscovered, commonly known as metahpysics, everything is an illusion of separation, and all the trivial matters of physics arise from this illusion, therefore they may never grasp reality. The reality is all is one.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo

The fact that there are more of these maybe is directly propotional to the so-called great awakening in which it is said that there will be more awakened ones in these times. Thank you for pointing that out as I thought I was one of a few of wise awakened humans.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
The reality is all is one.

So, please tell me: what connects you and me?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

The reality is all is one.

So, please tell me: what connects you and me?

From a metaphysical standpoint, there is no differentiation between you and me.

From a physical standpoint, empty space.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yeah, well. I have experienced this "oneness" quite a few times. It is called "Ketamine". Fun, but if you start thinking of it as real, then you might be in trouble. Everything IS indeed mostly Emptiness, take that away and you could cram the whole Earth in a Volkswagen Beetle. Scientists have come up with yet another future blunder, inventing the Dark Matter, and Dark Energy, as a substitute for the Emptiness inside their heads and a reasonable - for them - answer to that annoying question "why gravity is so weak ?". Calm down, this too shall pass. Til the next snort.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

But if I believe one thing and you another, isn't that "differentiation"?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

the different experiences you encountered shaped your mindset from birth.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

So the Great Oneness both believes and disbelieves in itself, thus contradicting itself?

What does the Great Oneness gain from the physical separation of things?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Okay OP....

Space IS real, admit it!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Seven billion people on this planet, combined with a fast-growing web of instantaneous communications. Of course there's going to be a cascading amount of people claiming to be awakened. I could spout off some BS about oneness and energy and how everything is connected, which would be true. But it doesn't mean I'm "awakened".

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
In the midst of all this doubt, I just have ONE question. How big ARE you?!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

There is only one truth. Many interpret this one truth to a version of truth that fits their ideal of this truth, but there is still ONE truth. That truth is all is one. So whatever you believe, conceptually, I in a sense believe too. So there are many forms of the one life that permeates all that is, but there are many different view points of the one life as well. Thus the one life sees all, because all that is seen is of the one life. Blah blah blah. I mean its pretty simple stuff, yet extraordinarily significant.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo

Seven billion people on this planet, combined with a fast-growing web of instantaneous communications. Of course there's going to be a cascading amount of people claiming to be awakened. I could spout off some BS about oneness and energy and how everything is connected, which would be true. But it doesn't mean I'm "awakened".

You're right.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

So the Great Oneness both believes and disbelieves in itself, thus contradicting itself?

What does the Great Oneness gain from the physical separation of things?

Interesting question. The answer is evolution.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Why thank-you for that thought provoking post.

Hopefully the mods will overlook the fact you violated T&C with a one liner as you certainly have contributed to the thread, and in a polite way.

[/sarcasm]

In light of "denying ignorance" could you at least explain why? rather than just a drive by insult.

Just because something goes way over your head, doesn't make it madness, it only appears that way to a confined mind.

The closer you become to the truth, the more you will be ridiculed, you might even come to enjoy it as the good sign it is. Ignorance is so rife on this planet.

Thanks for posting, S+F

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I"ve had waking state dreams where I saw in 3d. Or it felt like it. I guess those who do not know about waking state dreams would think it's an OBE or oneness. The dream or vision or whatever felt 3d. Which means that the distnaces between things felt real. If I had thought that was REAL as opposed to just a dream then I might be encouraged to think that ALL space, inside and out, is illusion. The mind can remember what we see and the feelings that result from it. This can be repeated in dreams. So the perception of space can be repeated in a dream. That does not mean that space doesn't exist! You just have to understand dreams and meditation aren't real.

Remember, reality might exist outside, but it also exists inside us. Everything exists as a thought even though the physical reality exists outside. So if you're not careful it's easy to lose your mind.

Our mood can change the reality inside. An illness can too. Our state of mind matters.

Best advice is not to live in your mind too much. BUT living in our mind is one of the things that helps separate us from other animals on earth. It makes up for other shortcomings.

It's a blessing and a curse.
edit on 14-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
There is no space, only blank canvas.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
This sounds like new age or modern madness tosh.

and it also sounds like something a serial killer would say... Not to be rude but there are some messed up cookies out there that think "since we are all one I can do whatever I want to myself..." or something similar.

It is possible that space isn't as big as we perceive it to be, and all of reality of the vastness of space is some kind of end result of gravity folding space out.

But in the words of the great philosopher John Locke "Reality exists".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join