It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Ordered to Hire 111 Black Firefighters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

if you're an employer, do you want the "c" student or the "a" student to work for you? i think the jobs should be given to the most qualified candidates, regardless of race (however, race could be a factor in scoring, i've seen it happen before.

We have had school busing and equal opportunity since the early seventies. That is two generations. Those who did have "segregated" education are all retiring now.

Therefore the argument that race is a factor in scoring is the individuals FAULT and not the fault of his skin color. STOP MAKING EXCUSES!

My Father was born in Harlem NY and could not speak English when he first went to school, yet he completed 6 yrs of college and was top salesman at a well known company.

I am really really tired of the whining about race and discrimination. It is time to bury the issue and get rid of the quota system. Let people stand on their own two feet for crying out loud.

And before you call me unsympathetic, I lived through discrimination, I fought it and yes it affected my life. Not being born a multi-million dollar trust fund baby affected it a heck of a lot more though

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What's this moving the 'goal posts' issues?

Every university in North American does it (it is even in the fine print that they do not need to notify you).

Every business does it.

Every rational person does it.

You get more options than you were expecting, so you raise the standards of your expectations.

To the whole cheating issue...I lack info so have no real comment as a whole.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Wonderfully said. Unfortunately people here like to scream about equality while at the same time accusing everyone of being racist. I entered my posts in this thread with talking points and playing the advocate for the other side, however, some people on here only respond to certain items I bring up without acknowledging everything else written. There are also other people, who respond and only quote certain points that they feel comfortable arguing about without even reading your previous posts. Does that say anything about their intelligence!?

Everything that was quoted and questioned about on the bottom of page 4 that included me, were points that I have already given the answers to. If you have a specific question or would like me to clarify a point, ask me. Don't take my post out of context and only quote a portion of it please.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join