It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Missiles in Venezuela

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well I live very retired in the Venezuelan central region my internet is very slowly at best so please forgive if I cant answer very quickly

This has come to my attention and I have wondered why this hasnt been posted here before.
If it is please move along.

Iran is planning to place medium-range missiles on Venezuelan soil, based on western information sources[1], according to an article in the German daily, Die Welt, of November 25, 2010. According to the article, an agreement between the two countries was signed during the last visit o Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez to Tehran on October19, 2010. The previously undisclosed contract provides for the establishment of a jointly operated military base in Venezuela, and the joint development of ground-to-ground missiles.

At a moment when NATO members found an agreement, in the recent Lisbon summit (19-20 November 2010), to develop a Missile Defence capability to protect NATO's populations and territories in Europe against ballistic missile attacks from the East (namely, Iran), Iran's counter-move consists in establishing a strategic base in the South American continent - in the United States's soft underbelly.

According to Die Welt, Venezuela has agreed to allow Iran to establish a military base manned by Iranian missile officers, soldiers of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and Venezuelan missile officers. In addition, Iran has given permission for the missiles to be used in case of an "emergency". In return, the agreement states that Venezuela can use these facilities for "national needs" – radically increasing the threat to neighbors like Colombia. The German daily claims that according to the agreement, Iranian Shahab 3 (range 1300-1500 km), Scud-B (285-330 km) and Scud-C (300, 500 and 700 km) will be deployed in the proposed base. It says that Iran also pledged to help Venezuela in rocket technology expertise, including intensive training of officers

Venezuela has also become the country through which Iran intends to bypass UN sanctions. Following a new round of UN sanctions against the Islamic Republic, for example, Russia decided not to sell five battalions of S-300PMU-1 air defence systems to Iran. These weapons, along with a number of other weapons, were part of a deal, signed in 2007, worth $800 million. Now that these weapons cannot be delivered to Iran, Russia is looking for new customers; according to the Russian press agency Novosti[2], it found one: Venezuela.

This could be the next cuba crisis, I wonder if a embargo of Venezuela will be possible.

www.hudson-ny.org...
edit on 5/15/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Added Link.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The irony is Iran will probably get it's s400's this way as well...

All of which are destabilizing.... wonder if they bought any hypersonic shipping container disguised cruise missiles?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Karmayogi11

I forgot to add a link : www.hudson-ny.org...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Looks like your source is a site that is all about spreading fear of muslim extremists under every rock. Iran doesn't want a confrontation with the US and neither does Venezuela. If anything the US is the aggressor.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

They are talking of a lot of armamentistic equipment that has to be delivered somehow. Hugo Chavez may have a rough time to bring this kind of stuff over here with out the USA knowing about it.
Right now I can only imagine the shipment to come, if USA looks the other side by them doing so.

I see sanctions like Iran has, for Venezuela, be pressure of the United States.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Actualy the claim comes originaly from Die Welt a german paper.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I tried google, and there were lots of reports of this around last christmas. None were anti islam.

Anyway, look on the bright side. The US will have to take recce photos, but they have no SR71s flyable, and a U2 might get shot down, so.....they'll have to bring the TR3A out of hiding!

Once the USAF have the co-ordinates they can bomb the ba5tards back into the stone age.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyinghaggis

I hope your prediction comes true and they bomb us right to stoneage so I have finaly a good reason to fly back to europe if I survive

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Let's hope the accuracy improves!

If the missiles arrive, could be it's time to leave.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I actually broke news about this last summer @ www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karmayogi11

I forgot to add a link : www.hudson-ny.org...

I'll give ya a flag and a couple of stars for this man.

Makes sense to me dunno if its anything to get worried about not like the russians are moving nukes or anything big into Iran via this channel. As for Chavez having a few silos meh whats one more when the worst crazies already have more than everyone else combined.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Thank you
I think USA should not underestimate that alliance that is working hard to bring it down.
The folowers of the idea here that USA is the empire, are unaware of the true powers that are behind the scene.
If the world elite is orchestrating world events and wars then this alliance is also infiltrated by them on higher ranks.

From what I have seen so far Chavez could be also a TBTB puppet.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Okay, ignore my post, lol.

Anyways, this is going to be huge one day if true, and I told ya' so, lol.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Woow so true
I am sorry about that realy, it was here yesterday on El nuevo pais newspaper so I thought it was breaking.

top topics

join