It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pigs infected with Zaire ebolavirus in Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
www.news-medical.net...

As if we needed anything else to worry about! This is a nasty little virus that could spread pretty quickly and its right outside our borders! Anyway..im not fear mongering, just thought it was an intresting read and a need to know situation in the event something were to go wrong.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
wow,this isnt good news at all.good thing i live in AZ!if it ever reaches the US ill be long gone in mexico

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberboiraves

Well im sure your CDC conducts experiments on Ebola and has the virus in their storage facilities. Its just an article that is describing an experiment to test the transfer of the same class of virus in different species. Im sure the same tests were conducted in similar human animal shared viruses like AIDS.

Forgot to add it would be interesting to know what sort of preparedness can be gained from studies like this or what real life scenarios they could be applied to.
edit on 14-5-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That's some really nasty stuff! We do not need an outbreak of that! It'll be like one of those movies that looks cool, but you'd never want to be part of.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You have completely misread this article.

You need to re-read the article and change the title of your thread.

There is not pigs in Canada infected with the ebolavirus.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Oh my this isn't good news.... nothing is going right these days

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Wow! That's cool... wait what?! Why would anyone do that? That's almost as scary as Plum Island's Animal Bio-lab being moved to Kansas, which is one of the U.S.'s big beef states. I'm starting to think these guys are actually trying to kill us.... and by "starting to think", I mean "know for damn sure".

Doesn't really matter that it isn't being done in Canada. The fact that they're doing it at all anywhere is really wreckless. The "study" mentioned in the article absolutely means they're injecting this bug into animals and then exposing them to other animals for the sake of contagion studies. That's exactly how Lyme Disease got off Plum Island.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Fearmongering.

This is the first paragraph.

Canadian investigators have shown that a species of ebolavirus from Zaire that is highly virulent in humans can replicate in pigs, cause disease, and be transmitted to animals previously unexposed to the virus. The findings are published in The Journal of Infectious Diseases and are now available online. (Please see below for a link to the embargoed study online.)

Pigs ARE NOT infected in Canada.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
yeah, it's just saying pigs could carry it and transmit it...the pigs in Canada DON'T HAVE EBOLA...yeah, re-read the very beginning of the article.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
At first I was like "OH MAN!! THIS IS BAD!!"

Then I actually read the article like you should have before you posted your thread.

Nothing to see here - move along...just some lab rats talking about the potential of pigs to carry certain strains of Ebola.

No pending pandemic.

Smelling kinda hoax-ee?...unless you change your title
edit on 14-5-2011 by coldkidc because: typo

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I guess I did put that out there a little strong..then again I did state it was just something I found intresting to read...

This study, led by Gary P. Kobinger, PhD, of the Special Pathogens Program, National Microbiology Laboratory, Public Health Agency of Canada, and Hana Weingartl, PhD, of the National Centre for Foreign Animal Disease at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, investigated whether Zaire ebolavirus, like Reston ebolavirus, could replicate and cause disease in pigs and be transmitted to other animals. Using domesticated pigs, the researchers first evaluated virus replication, pathogenicity, and shedding

I Should not have assumed the pigs were still there....Please note as I originally stated, this was not intended to be fear mongering...I just got the privelage to post so I put it out there in my excitement without really putting more into like I should. Lesson learned!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Anybody on that "prestigious team of Phd's and Expert's" remember to check the world wide pig semen batch's

That rights,,, order your pig semen from romco express
and we can have you making runts/babies in no time,,

next day, delivery not possible may take 3 full business's days

And remember were WORLD WIDE APPROVED BY,,,garble,,,garble

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't eat red meat anymore.......and this information just reinforces that habit. We certainly all need to be very careful of our animal consumption.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

thank you for your imput..thats the point I was aiming at originaly..but it was taken the wrong way.I really shouldnt have assumed the pigs were still there, but its obvious to assume such a thing as experiments are takeing place.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Holy crap.

You scared the s*$% out of me until I read further and the article its self. I see your replies and know that you didn't intend to fear-monger, but please be careful in the future. Not everyone will read the article you link

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

we all make mistakes. its a good idea to use the headlines from the articles. that way you can't be held responsbile for fear mongering.

edit on 15-5-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join