It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Legislature passes bill to collect sales tax from online retailers that operate in state

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

I never said a thing about direct taxes.

I was talking about taxes in general.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Your logic is flawed. You think we live in a perfect world. We don't.

You want private firefighters and police officers? Good luck when you have not paid for their services and your house gets broken into or catches on fire.

I mean look at the problems with the private jails . . . and you want all public services that way?

I think not.

And the reason public utilities and service is high is because the federal government has its paws in the honey pot.

That is fact, and is not only a Texas issue. It is an issue in most, if not all of the 50 states.

All of these things should be done by the state, without federal intervention.

Your dream world sounds good on paper, but there is and never will be a Utopian world. Greed, selfishness, and pride stand in the way.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

good sir I never said we lived in a perfect world...

where did I make such a statement...

No sir it is a system of power and the controls necessary to keep that power... The use of taxes as 'control measures' (odd choice by tptb, can anyone say Sigmund ) is meant as a way of taking via parasictical measure and keeping what they want...

If I invent the cure for aids and want to charge a billion dollars a shot is that not my right...

If I invent a way to grant functioning immortality and charge about a hundred billion a treatment is that not my right...

If I invent a car that runs on hydrogen or em propulsion and sell it to the oil companies for a billion is that not my right...

If i built a weapon system to defend my home that no one else has, and I choose not to share it with the DOD is that not my right

No sir what you describe is highway robbery and basic thuggery... Taking from those that have and make because you FEEL this should be done.....

So If I was a politician I should be allowed to say raise the taxes to 30% across the board on all fields... It is my right to and it is necessary because...

Food stamps for children everyone should care about that?

CPS needs funds to protect children from parents, everyone should care about that?

As a politician I deserve to receive a pension because I have done the PEOPLE's work, everyone should be paid for the efforts right?

We should should redistribute the wealth of the rich.... Yeah we will create a new tax... Wait a second every time we tax the rich they have a way of hiding their wealth from our attempts to redistribute their wealth...

BTW, taking something from someone because your think it is for the common good is still called theft round here...

good sir I can not agree with you on your point of view on this.... I think the states should be stripped of this even quicker then the federal government...

Last incident with the cops I said I would call them after I killed the person...

"Make sure the body lands inside the doorway..."

I would pay for private fire fighters that actually put out my fires first is not a bad idea for a business... not bad

I know I am just complaining but I still have that right till the riots start

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think everybody is missing the big picture on this. Every time you purchase something online, it's cheaper because you don't pay the 8% sales tax. However, every time you do this, you rob your local economy of that money which affects jobs and you! Wouldn't you feel better if you were supplying your neighbors with jobs, and your communities with nice paved streets, parks, etc, or are you so selfish and cheap that you won't pay the 8%. It is pathetic to think someone wouldn't want a company to pay their fair share of taxes, and even more to think people would put out their communities over the same thing. I guess none of you own a business and have to worry about providing for employees and their families. This topic makes me sick, I hope you internet savers get what you deserve.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
I know that my state, California, is considering similar legislation. And Amazon had made similar threats to vacate the state.

One may not be a fan of government authority and/or taxation in general. But I think that it is only fair that if I have to pay taxes on my (meager) income, a major corporation like Amazon (or General Electric, which paid No federal income taxes on Billions of dollars of income) should have to pay taxes on their income.

WTF

YOU PAY THE SALES TAX. IF AMAZON HAS TO COLLECT IT THEY WILL RAISE THEIR PRICES.
The sales tax is a Regressive tax which taxes the poor instead of a progressive
tax which taxes the rich
edit on 19-5-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join