It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So whats your opnion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
....................................................................................
"Atheists" is a label given to those who do not believe in the same view as another person who does.
Apparently people have forgetton a supposed diety who is known to be the true "God" out of the many
dietys that were believed to be true until 2000 years ago.
Apparently anything that proves there is a god is strong evidence of it,
anything that proves god does not exist is rubbished and said "Blasphemy"
Those who believe in a diety see each other as all loving and brothers...

Because you believe in something and feel good about it doesn't mean you love everyone
and are connected biologically. Actually there is lots of people I'd rather not be related to
but anyway this generation in particular has the highest level of lazyiness, this makes them weak
cause they can't be asked to turn the food they eat into energy and just # it back out.
Weakness is the main cause of belief because simply your too lazy to make your self stronger.

Seriously guys you have been fooling yourselves ever since the creation of societys and groups.
There is no god you are talking about it's all a superstion.
You may wish to believe in "it" but that's only ever going to be an illusion keeping you locked away
from the things that are really useful in life.
What you believe is yours only but I tell you don't try to fool anybody else because the people who
have created your religion did not belive in it in the first place.

People take so much offense when I or anybody else actually proves that what they have been
doing all this time is stupidity, I guess thats why in places occupied by extremeists are # holes.
Do not reply to me saying what I said is wrong because thats ever only going to be your opnion
based on decption; and me? I do not believe in a god or another form of diety but only that
we are spiritual beings that will learn there true selves in either life or more commonly death.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Whatever started existance is God
I cant stand religion.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The universe is "god".. End of story.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ

Pics or it didn't happen.

Two lines,

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper

Originally posted by CharterZZ

Pics or it didn't happen.

Two lines,

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Your saying you dont exist?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

I don't exist.. Nor will i ever exist..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b2106735f5f.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 14-5-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I do not believe in a god or another form of diety but only that we are spiritual beings

You believe in spirits, but you don't believe in God. Could you give evidence that we have or are a spirit? And could you explain why a spirit could exist but a god could not?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ALL religion is pure nonsense,the universe creates and destroys,nothing but the universe..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Unlike you I do not have religious practices, god is seen as all powerful all knowing omni-benevolent being
I just like the idea that we are spiritual beings, there has been some tests by scientists to kind of prove this, though
I cannot find the links at the moment you can find out about it if you dive in to it.
My energy is here and I can control it at will but god is something no one has evidence to
I have evidence to a spiritual life and that is us right here.
Don't worry you will be enlightened as time goes on, no one stays ignorant for ever, not even the pope.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

Well, that's your opinion. You're free to believe whatever you want, that's why "believers" and "non-believers" exist. It's wrong to force others to believe or not believe, just like it's wrong for you to say, as if written in stone, "THERE IS NO GOD!" because you don't really know that.

So, how could you know for sure? Go on a spiritual journey and find out for yourself. Going along with the sheep who say "there is" or "there isn't" doesn't help you much. Part of life's quest is to find these answers for yourself, because they're within you. You need to keep trying though and give it your all (put your entire being into it [mind-body-spirit]). The world's religions (although some are speckled with corruption and ignorance) are there as tools to help you traverse that journey, but you don't need to make some super commitment to any specific ideology -- in fact, they pretty much preach the same ideals: love one an other, love God. That's what's most important. I suggest looking at [Christian] Gnosticism and Buddhism as they are both very similar, if you choose to tie up all the loose ends that is.

Don't let your eyes fool you though. You don't see anything until you go out there and do so.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Im just telling people to stop wasting their time into getting others to believe in their opinions which in this case
is "God" because over 1000s years people have come to believe in many dietys and labeling a person because they don't is simply being ignorant. You are of course free to believe in what you want but be aware that by the time you die your going to look back and say "what in the world have been doing all this time?" and you can't tell me that trying to help someone to live their life without any boundries is stopping them believe.
Im just trying to stop people from living in a dream world and into one where they can actually shape their lives.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

And yet you exist..

Religion calls it God
Science calls it the Universe
Others call it Mother Nature

It is a sum of all there is.

But one thing's for sure, your existence ultimately has to be attributed to "something", or else you wouldn't have existed in the first place, right???

So whatever you believe to be the ultimate source of your existence, is God, in a christian religious context, that is.

But then I again, this concept of God, is one of the many perspectives of the same thing. It does not matter what how you perceive the "source", you relate to it in a way preferential to your own understanding of how you perceive your reality.

Whatever you believe in, as long as you are comfortable with it, is all that matters.

And this will allow each and every one of us, whether an Atheist or a Christian, a Jew or a Gentile, whether black or white, happy or sad, to be in ultimate PEACE AND HARMONY with each other.

Create Heaven on Earth shall we...

Peace

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99

Unlike you I do not have religious practices, god is seen as all powerful all knowing omni-benevolent being
I just like the idea that we are spiritual beings, there has been some tests by scientists to kind of prove this, though
I cannot find the links at the moment you can find out about it if you dive in to it.
My energy is here and I can control it at will but god is something no one has evidence to
I have evidence to a spiritual life and that is us right here.
Don't worry you will be enlightened as time goes on, no one stays ignorant for ever, not even the pope.

I am neither religious, nor do I believe in God. You assumed because of my question I was though.

I was just curious as to how you justified or evidenced one, and not the other. No offense was intended.

You have presented an opinion, and a belief to me, yet no more evidence that I have a spirit, than there is evidence for a God.

Before you begin tossing the term ignorant around loosely my fellow ATSer, look at your own posts. You are operating on a belief system, just like those who place their faith in a God. None of us are ever as wise, or as "enlightened" as we think we are.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I don't think of enlightenment as something we can achieve on the physical plane but only glimpse at it.
And yes I thought you was religious person based on your reply mainly because I was trying to convey
my message to those who are religious.
Curiosty sometimes what leads us to do things that could turn out to be bad.

Also try to control your energy, it is there maybe your just unaware of it, I do not opperate in a system
of belief but I may hold similar views to others since others views just adds to my overall
experience of this physical plane.
edit on 14-5-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Also try to control your energy, it is there maybe your just unaware of it

Actually, I'm quite aware of it. I just haven't decided whether to classify it under spirit, soul, or just mind. That's why I questioned you. I wanted to know what brought you to the conclusion in your OP.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The energy you and everyone has for me is something that we are born with, a gift from our higher selfs?
Or maybe it is something we absorb from the infinite astral plane of this and every other universe.
I think it's something we absorb and born with in order to stay alive.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

it's an assumption that it's finite. It's an assumption that it had a beginning.

If we assume a maker, it would lead to further assumptions; a maker made the maker.

I'm not saying existence is infinite, i coudn't prove that, equating God to causality is to assume causality of reality. It's even more farcical than Pantheism.

Sorry for the rant! - I just can't bring myself to assume a beginning, just as i can't bring myself to assume it's infinite, but concepts such as "The Mandelbrot Set" and "The Fibonnacci Sequence" do help.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Also try to control your energy, it is there maybe your just unaware of it

Actually, I'm quite aware of it. I just haven't decided whether to classify it under spirit, soul, or just mind. That's why I questioned you. I wanted to know what brought you to the conclusion in your OP.

I like to classify my energy as soul, after all, there have been experiments that show that the human soul is probably real, of course is not completely verified because of how unethical those experiments are.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

Care to provide a link? Last I checked all of the data pointed to the 'mind' being a product of material in the brain rather than a separate construct...

top topics

join