It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: No more photo re-enactments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
As pointed out here on ATS and elsewhere some of the photos of Obama's speech about Osama's death were actually staged after the speech. Evidently due all of the talk and theories those pictures have created the practice will stop.

White House: No more photo re-enactments

After Obama's live, late-evening address from the East Room of the White House on May 1, five photographers were ushered in to shoot pictures as the president stood at the podium and re-read a few lines of his speech — a practice that news organizations have protested for years.

Even though The Associated Press and other news outlets said in captions to the photos that they were taken after the president delivered his address, many people who saw them may have assumed they depicted the speech itself. That raised questions of whether news organizations were staging an event.

I didn't realize it, but this is evidently a long standing thing going back ages. It started with Truman and every President in the television age has done it as far as I can tell. The official reasoning is that photos during the actual speeches could be a distraction and that would cause whoever is President to look bad on TV.

In any event, due to all the theories around this practice and the speech of Osama's death - the practice is stopped in the Obama admin. At least for now.

edit on 14-5-2011 by Frogs because: fixed some text

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Wow. Despite how the MSM keeps trying to make it seem like its just this little lunatic fringe that is not trusting and believing in Obama and his Osama drama, it really must be quite a swell.

Its got everyone panties in a bunch.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yeah - that was kind of surprising to me as well. Despite all the dismissals of the theories as being from "nuts" they evidently caused enough problems for the admin. to take action.

join