It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher 'Refused To Hang Child's Drawing Of U.S. Flag Because It Would Offend Jehovah's Witness S

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If this country does not get back to it's core values, stop trying to be friends with the world ( as Obama does IMHO) and start protecting ourselves, we are doomed.

This country is rediculous and is going down the tubes, it is far too liberal. The founding fathers would cringe at the crap we do and say for illegals, religions who want nothing more than to kill us, and yet we send them money.

Wake up America.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Pick on the education system where you live in Canada all you want. To state the education system in America is not a good one just shows ignorance of the subject matter. There are millions of Americans who received public school educations that went on to lead long, full and successful lives. Students have been coming to America from countries around the world for a very long time to receive the finest education one can ask for in our institutes of higher learning.

Your ignorant statement is insulting to millions of Americans. Shame on you.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
lol at the ridiculousness this country is becoming...jehovah's is such a boring religion by the way...they don't celebrate ANYTHING not even birthdays....so so so boring and bland

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by alphabetaone

Ah well, we can hope that the dad sorts it out with the school,
its a sad day when the ACLU is called in to defend a child and a flag drawing.

Yes, hopefully he does.

But I've got to be honest, just from looking at him, he didn't seem the type willing to sort anything out until it procured results that only HE liked. (yes, all conjecture).

You know, it's VERY easy to break things down into their simplest forms when we don't understand something by thinking it was all about "a child and a flag drawing". Especially when we think we want to make a point, but I suspect far more (in the way of the child and his attitude and demeanor with classmates and the class in general) that led to the situation.

I imagine a scenario such as this:

Frankie: (teacher) Can i post my flag picture now?
Teacher: Flag picture? Why were you working on that when you were asked to complete your work?
Frankie: I finished my work and you always said we could (free time crap) when we finished...
Teacher: Well, we'll see why don't you hold onto it or bring it home with you where you can really be proud of it?

(Goes home)

Frankie: Teacher didn't let me hang up my picture.
Dad: Why not?
Frankie: I don't know, I had finished my work and she was talking to (joey the JW) and....
Dad: Ugh! That Jehovahs witness!! She was doing something with HIM and wouldnt let you hang your picture?!
Frankie: (all juiced up by dad's furor) Yea!! And not only that but she was mean to me!

(resulting call to ACLU and, obscure UK newspaper, and ultimately on ATS for the world to get juiced up to)

The end.... going back to my coffee

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Its possible it happened as you say.

In that case, I think that the superintendent should go to bat and defend the teacher.

The T.V. station offered to do an interview, the super might have done better accepted.

Of course that would lead to media involvment, and we know how biased the media is....

ETA What possibly could be going on beyond the obvious?

Originally posted by alphabetaone

You know, it's VERY easy to break things down into their simplest forms when we don't understand something by thinking it was all about "a child and a flag drawing".

Your thoughts, there is some kind of a conspiracy here?

Did the child bring this all on himself with some "bad attitude"?

Did he set the teacher up? Dont be shy.

edit on 14-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Your thoughts, there is some kind of a conspiracy here?

Did the child bring this all on himself with some "bad attitude"?

Did he set the teacher up? Dont be shy.

Nah, not at all. I doubt the kid even knew the ramifications of what that day would bring. Likely, he was just clueless to the world and just felt like coloring.

ME, SHY?! Hahahahahahaha picture that, no no... I'm the least shy person you would ever know I'm sure...in fact, to my discredit.

My point was simply, that while I presented a ridiculous scenario, it's almost as impossible to know that it DID happen that way as it is that it DIDN'T happen that way. In this, calling for firing, suspension or even reprimand is out of line until all facts can be proven and some level of certainty derived on how the day went there.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

My point was simply, that while I presented a ridiculous scenario, it's almost as impossible to know that it DID happen that way as it is that it DIDN'T happen that way. In this, calling for firing, suspension or even reprimand is out of line until all facts can be proven and some level of certainty derived on how the day went there.

Ah, well as I mentioned earlier when a simple thing becomes a complicated thing by way of
elevation from one side and the other, there comes a time when the escalation of it takes on a life
of its own, and it is then out of control of the ones where it began.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yes indeed.

But, invariably in topics such as this they are bound to so it really comes as no shocker.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well someone has to keep the ACLU in business you know.
These days they take everything they can get.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You see, this is why I would make an AWFUL parent.

I would arm all of my children (if I had any) each with a Bible, Quran and a Torah in their backpacks depending on the religion of the teacher they had. Then instruct them to read the antithesis of the teachers religion when they aren't supposed to just so I could call the ACLU and give em something to do.

Suddenly I have this urge for a slurpee though....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You see, this is why I would make an AWFUL parent.

I would arm all of my children (if I had any) each with a Bible, Quran and a Torah in their backpacks depending on the religion of the teacher they had. Then instruct them to read the antithesis of the teachers religion when they aren't supposed to just so I could call the ACLU and give em something to do.

Suddenly I have this urge for a slurpee though....

Last I heard you were drinking coffee. Now its a slurpee.

And it would be parents like you that would keep me out of the school system, as
school is not about religions. Well let me correct that...it should not be about religion.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I finished my coffee, but now I have a craving.

Anyway, 2 things about that.

1) You'll never have to worry, there will never be a "parent like me".
2) Can you even tell when something should be completely discarded as an utter fabrication? Like what I said? I believe in NO religion...I'm an atheist, why would I care about religion.

You really need to lighten up a bit.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I was joking my self, about you anyways. So no worries....

I was hoping you could tell I was. Too dry of humor there on my part.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I was joking my self, about you anyways. So no worries....

I was hoping you could tell I was. Too dry of humor there on my part.

Hahahaha alrighty then, you win. I couldn't tell

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Ainsley Earhardt reported that a student was told that he couldn't display his flag drawing because "it might offend another student." Right out of the box, Fox framed the propaganda message that the school is not patriotic: "Where's the Patriotism, Boy Told Not To Display American Flag Sketch." The boy's father, John Gerard, said that his son, Franklin, was not allowed to show his flag sketch which was done to honor his relatives in the military. Ainsley agreed. "Of course, patriotic and American." The patriotic student artist, Franklin Gerard, said that he was "offended." The chyron continued the agitprop in a careful choice of wording: "Hiding the Red, White, and Blue, Teacher Says Drawing Could Upset Another Boy."

To Earhardt's question (hoping to expose an unpatriotic teacher) of whether the Pledge of Allegiance was said in the classroom, Franklin answered in the affirmative. When asked to express his feelings, Franklin said that he was "frustrated." After Ainsley said that she "was told" that the teacher didn't want to offend another student who doesn't want to say the Pledge of Allegiance, Franklin claimed that the other boy (he named him) said that he didn't care if the flag drawing was hung. Ainsley then read a statement from the school superintendent who said that each school flies the flag and that the Pledge is recited. Ainsley said they she would "let all those Americans, out there who are watching this, judge for themselves."

Comment: Lil Ainsley didn't tell the whole story. The teacher was concerned that the display of the drawing might upset another student who is a Jehovah's Witness and who, as a "Witness," doesn't say the Pledge. It seems that there was a "bit of a misunderstanding" between Franklin and the other boy; but now that Franklin has learned that Jehovah's Witnesses don't say the Pledge he has apologized to the boy. (I suspect that if the other boy were a Muslim, that might have been mentioned.) The Superintendent also stated that Franklin was supposed to be doing other work and not drawing a picture - something that Mr. Gerard, who wants an apology from the school, denies.

But here's the best part. In reporting the flag face painting "controversy," a supportive comment by the ACLU wasn't mentioned by the outraged "friends." In today's report, Ainsley forgot to note that Mr. Gerard has contacted the ACLU. There is a Facebook campaign in support of Franklin in which some pitchforker has called for the firing of the "Marxist" teacher. Thanks to Fox & Friends, what should be a local issue will be going viral in the perpetually outraged right wing hate-o-sphere and that will probably encourage the usual outpouring of patriotic death threats which, after Franklin said the boy's name, could be directed at him as well as the Superintendent and teacher. Fox & Friends - bringing a whole new dimension to American patriotism!

www.newshounds.us...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

lol at the ridiculousness this country is becoming...jehovah's is such a boring religion by the way...they don't celebrate ANYTHING not even birthdays....so so so boring and bland

Good. Then they probably won't start to be suicide bombers or some other wacko crap. A real Religion of Peace!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
There is a Facebook campaign in support of Franklin in which some pitchforker has called for the firing of the "Marxist" teacher. Thanks to Fox & Friends, what should be a local issue will be going viral in the perpetually outraged right wing hate-o-sphere and that will probably encourage the usual outpouring of patriotic death threats which, after Franklin said the boy's name, could be directed at him as well as the Superintendent and teacher. Fox & Friends - bringing a whole new dimension to American patriotism!

This is actually the part that worries me the most about today's world.

Whether it be the perpetually outraged right wing or the overly-apologetic left wing, (I really hate wings, I prefer thighs myself), the hate-o-sphere is an unfortunate reality.

One day, we're going to collapse on ourselves.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

What a crock. It offends communists - the teacher - and that is why it was rejected. Shifting blame onto Witnesses is a laugh riot. These people have no problem in offending Christians in their classrooms every day in every way they possibly can.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

What a crock. It offends communists - the teacher - and that is why it was rejected. Shifting blame onto Witnesses is a laugh riot.

Wait, the teacher is a Communist now? I must have missed that part. Where did you come across that information?

Also, it is the DAD and son saying it was because of the JH. Who, by the way, they both had a 'problem' with.
edit on 14-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

What?? hahaha

The incident was anti-communism, because "these people" have no problem offending christianity every day?

Let me completely ignore my disdain for religion altogether (see the problems it creates?) and attempt to focus on your linear equation; I can't resolve what's on the other side of the equal sign....care to help me along?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join