It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragonflies, electrical anomalies, and strange bumps in the night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A little bit of my background before I go into my personal paranormal experiences. I am a 30 year old male from Shawnee, KS. I am married to my middle school sweetheart (15 years) and I have two children; a 14 year old daughter, and a 9 year old son. I do not know where my experiences with the paranormal begin, all I know is that they have been around as far back as I can remember.

My wife and I consider ourselves "local nomads", being because we enjoy to moving about every 3-4 years for a change of scenery, even though we stay in the same general locations. Now, as far back as I can remember we have had strange, reoccurring themes at almost every place we have ever lived.

1. Dragonflies- Every spring, in every house we have ever lived in, there are a few days in which dragonflies totally take over our yard, never the back yard, only the front. If I were to estimate a number, it is always surely over 300 swarming around my yard at a time. The strangest thing about it is my neighbors, which are only feet away have never had this problem, in fact the dragonflies seem to know the property boundaries and avoid them at all cost. Neighbors even mention to us that they had never seen anything like it, even before we had moved in. The reason I am bringing this up is because we have recently moved into a new home (April) and just yesterday I was out front, sitting on my porch smoking a cigarette, and noticed hundreds of baby dragonflies coming up out of our grass. It was a very windy day, so after about 10 minutes they were gone. The strangest thing about all of this is that I know dragonflies thrive around water. Every home we have lived in, we were never within a few hundred yards of a creek, river, or pond.

2. Electrical Anomalies- This one is plain and simple, we go through light bulbs like it's going out of style. Again, every house we have ever lived in we have had to stock up on light bulbs. On average, I would say we have to change a light bulb once a week. It doesn't matter how old the light bulb was, or even what kind of bulb it was for that matter. For example, after the first two weeks of moving into our new house, two fluorescent cabinet lights blew, two standard ceiling light bulbs, and one compact fluorescent. We have had electricians come out, fearing that there were shorts in the lines somewhere, no problems were ever found.

3. Bumps in the Night- Most people have heard them, strange noises at night that are unexplainable. I only really have one story, and to this day still sends chills down my spine. One night, about 2 hours after putting the children to bed, my wife and I lay down to do the same. After a little bit of cuddling we start to doze off. I am at that point to where you are half way asleep and half way awake when I hear what can only be explained as a series of loud beeps right next to my bed. Startled, I wake up thinking that it was just a pre-sleep dream and get ready to lay back down, until my wife ask "did you hear that"? This kinda shocked me, and I told her yes I had heard it. I get up, turn on the light and start searching around our room, hoping to find one of my sons many cheap electronic games, I found nothing. There was absolutely nothing in our room that could have reproduced that sound as loud as it was. After my wife and I talked about it, we both came to the conclusion that the sound was coming from waist level around one of our two windows. After about an hour or so we finally go back to bed. Again, I am in that stage of half awake, half asleep it happens again. Same sound, same place, same volume. My wife and I immediately shot up. We eventually went and slept on the couch. However; it never happened again in the remaining 2 years we lived there.

Those are my accounts into what I believe to be paranormal. I'm really interested if anyone knows anything about the dragonflies and the bulbs always burning out. Does anyone else experience this? Have they researched anything? Would love everyone's input.

Thanks for reading!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Yfactor1980

Thank you for sharing your families story. Have you captured anything strange on film or with a digital camera around your home? If so, can you post a few of these images? I would sure like to see some pictures of the dragon flies!

Best regards,
Z

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ever since I was little, I've loved Dragonflies/Damselflies. I was the only kid at the creek who could catch one, though I'd never keep them... I always had to let them go. They love the pond we built a couple years ago, they are around the house all the time. Not swarms mind you, but there is never one far from me.

They interact strangely with me as well. When I see one nearby, all I have to do is put my hand out and it will land on it.

I don't know what it means, but I always did get a kick out of the look on people's faces when I say "Ok, fun's over, fly on home now" and the dragonfly will go on it's way. Others think it's quite something to see how many 'hang out' with me when I sit outside.

It's ok, at least it isn't locusts! LOL

But if there is any meaning to this, I'd like to know..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
A couple of odd questions for you, OP.

1. Does anyone in your family suffer from nosebleeds?

2. What treatments do you use on your lawn?

Strange questions to ask, I know, I'll explain later if the answers line up.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I have some occasional nose bleeds, as well as my son. As far as lawn care, we use nothing on it. Just a mower, and our good ol' hands to pick the weeds.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

I do not have any pictures. It's one of those things that I never really thought of while it was happening. However; I will try to remember to take some pictures of the dragonflies next time they come around.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Yfactor1980

Perhaps one of the reasons for the dragonflies is that your yard is chemical free. Did you happen to see your neighbors spreading Scott's Weed & Feed earlier this year? Or good ole Andro, or whatever that pesticide is called. All poison. . . . .

Here's a link to a way out there thread that discusses electrical problems, nosebleeds, and other strange anomalies. It's an older thread of mine, but a goodie, a few pages in it really gets interesting, theories abound:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join