It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Rights' Report Lists Vatican For Failure To Protect Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Human Rights' Report Lists Vatican For Failure To Protect Children

www.uscatholic.org

Amnesty International named the Vatican in its annual report on human rights' concerns for not sufficiently complying with international mandates on protecting children from abuse.

It marked the first time the Vatican was named in the group's Annual Report on the state of human rights around the world. The 2011 Annual Report covered human rights in 157 countries, looking particularly at rights abuses and restrictions and at failures to implement international rights' agreements.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.catholicnews.com

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Its about time don't you think?

How ironic this comes just after the beautification of
Pope John Paul II.

For too long, the Vatican, and The Catholic Church have considered themselves above the law.

In fact, they still do.

I hear people asking, how does this happen?

Heres how: Canon law does not include an obligation for church authorities to report cases to civil authorities for criminal investigation. Secrecy is mandatory throughout the proceedings.

The Amnesty International report said, "Increasing evidence of widespread child sexual abuse committed by members of the clergy over the past decades, and of the enduring failure of the Catholic Church to address these crimes properly, continued to emerge in various countries."

"Such failure included not removing alleged perpetrators from their posts pending proper investigations, not cooperating with judicial authorities to bring them to justice and not ensuring proper reparation to victims," the report said. www.uscatholic.org...

www.uscatholic.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Star and flag! This is great. The next step is to bring them up on charges.
I have no grudge against religious people and believers but I do have a problem with pedophiles and the people who protect them and effectively permit them to continue to abuse.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I whole heartedly agree. They write the laws that make them "above the law".
The laws of men, that grant themselves power of secrecy. Secrecy that hides abuse.

And how ironic at the same time they fired off a letter to Obama on torture.

Hypocrites.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

How ironic this comes just after the beautification of Pope John Paul II.

When I read they were going to do this,my first thought was,"are they going to invite his illegitimate son to it".

That organization should not even be considered a religious organization.

No other religion has ambassadors to other countries.

No other organization allows their people under their control to commit atrocities against the people they are so to represent,and then protects them from the civil authority.

The Vatican and its employees are nothing more than a fear mongering propaganda machine.

I thank the Lord I was raised a Protestant.
edit on 14-5-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks for bringing this up, it is about time they were took to task over their actions.
Considering the age of consent in Vatican city 12 yrs, I am disgusted with the whole catholic faith.

S & F

PEACE,
RK
edit on 14-5-2011 by Rigel Kent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamJustanAmerican

No other religion has ambassadors to other countries.

True that. The Vatican is actually a "sovereign state" that answers to no one.

Vatican City is currently the only widely recognised independent state that has not become a member of the United Nations. The Holy See, which is distinct from Vatican City State, has permanent observer status with all the rights of a full member except for a vote in the UN General Assembly.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

An excellent point you make about the age of consent in The Vatican City.
And who made that that law, I wonder! Its an outrage!

top topics

join