It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What a tard.

New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday

A New York man spent his entire $140,000 life savings advertising his prediction that the world will end May 21, the New York Post reported Friday.

They say, "Global Earthquake: The Greatest Ever! Judgment Day May 21, 2011."

What a waste of money. He never heard of the internet? You can post anything you want for free.

In a self-published book, "The Doomsday Code," Fitzpatrick said the Bible offers "proof that cannot be dismissed."

Yes it can. If you search hard enough in anything, you'll find doomsday dates for any date you can think of.

"Judgment Day will surprise people. We will not be ready for it," Fitzpatrick said in an interview with the newspaper. "A giant earthquake will render the earth uninhabitable."

The only ``earthquake`` that could render the earth uninhabitable would be a big earthquake not seen since the extinction of the dinosaurs due to a big asteroid hitting the earth.

If you want to set an alarm clock, the quake will happen just before 6:00pm local time, he said.

That would be 6PM EST.

"God's people will be resurrected. It is also the day that God stops saving anyone," he said.

So prepare the shotguns, ZOMBIES are coming.

Another guy who believed in religion too deeply and went extremist... or he's right and we're about to face zombies and extinction (yeah right)... BRING IT ON....

If a 7.0+ hits California, will he claim victory? Since a CME is heading towards Earth, it might happen...
edit on 14-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Or on the 22nd he is going to be sick for spending his life savings.

be prepared for the headline: "Failed prophecy leads man to suicide".

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Why would this man, being a 'Christian, predict the date when the Bible, his Bible, says something like "no man knows about the day or hour..."

Just curious. Either way, he's an idiot....or a schmuck trying to sell a book. yep, just a schmuck.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If people can predict things/occurances accurately, why arn't they making thousands by placing bets on their own predictions at bookmakers.

2nd line

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
He is selling a book.. And can anyone prove he has spent his life savings? It's a good headline for advertising your product.. And makes his book more appealing for people to buy..
Fear sells these days..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have a prediction.

On May 22, 2011,

We will have another welfare applicant.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Oh my we have another Jackwagon from Mambypambyland

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Or on the 22nd he is going to be sick for spending his life savings.

be prepared for the headline: "Failed prophecy leads man to suicide".

Amen to that! I wouldn't spend my life savings I would've donated them to an organization. The lord loves a cheerful giver.

He's probably gonna shoot himself in the head after the rapture don't come. I feel for his family more then anything

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

In my opinion this kinda proves he's actually concerned about this date, is he one of us?
edit on 14-5-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think he is just generating book sales and sunk his whole life's savings into it. My suspicion is that because he put the date of May 21st 2011 when he wrote the book, which is fast approaching, in desperation to sell as many books as he can, he took every penny he had and made a bunch of advertisements and plastered them everywhere he could in NYC. The reason being, after May 21st, no one will buy the book. It is a pretty simple and desperate attempt to generate final sales. That's just my "hunch" on the matter.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
"Man spends his life savings ahead of May 21st doomsday"

Sounds like just the sort of catchy headline that would get his story (and book) in every newspaper and Web site across the country.

By May 22nd this guy will probably have earned back 10X his "life savings" amount of $140,000 from book sales.

You guys see a doomsday fool, I see a doomsday schemer who knows that to make money you gotta spend money - and have a catchy hook for that viral marketing...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I had not heard of this until I visited my daughter this past weekend, who lives 150 miles from me. My son-in-law told me of this prediction and said a man he had worked with also sold everything to buy a travel trailer and go to the basics to live. What good that would do , I have no idea.
If the end is coming then a travel trailer is not much good.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ellieN
I had not heard of this until I visited my daughter this past weekend, who lives 150 miles from me. My son-in-law told me of this prediction and said a man he had worked with also sold everything to buy a travel trailer and go to the basics to live. What good that would do , I have no idea.
If the end is coming then a travel trailer is not much good.

What the f ? You didn't lie though that is hilarious!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

Why would this man, being a 'Christian, predict the date when the Bible, his Bible, says something like "no man knows about the day or hour..."

Just curious. Either way, he's an idiot....or a schmuck trying to sell a book. yep, just a schmuck.

Excellent post.

I am sure we will all hear about his "MISCALCULATION" of the mathematical Holy Bible Code and receive the new and "correct" date soon after May 21st, 2011.

For the new date, isn't there some slight internet talk about strange occurrences in 2012. Quick to the publishing house...

t

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot

Excellent post.

I am sure we will all hear about his "MISCALCULATION" of the mathematical Holy Bible Code and receive the new and "correct" date soon after May 21st, 2011.

For the new date, isn't there some slight internet talk about strange occurrences in 2012. Quick to the publishing house...

t

I'm a writer, I should write a book about the world ending in 2012! Make us all some money,

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

A fool and his gold are soon parted

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Why do most so-called "Christians" not abide by what their Bible says (turn the other cheek, love they neighbor, be humble, give to the poor, et al)?

Because they are not true Christians, they are hypocrites, and they pick and choose for their own needs and conveniently ignore those that do not fit into their world view or own belief system.

For this guy's sake, though, i hope something good comes of it. Maybe a Donnie Darko-esque personal doomsday or something, but that guy must either be really determined or really unstable to spend his life savings informing others of impending doom.

Maybe it's the thought that counts? At least he thought he was doing the right thing?

To quote the OP:

Originally posted by Vitchilo
What a tard.

"Course, watch a big earthquake or something happen, then who'll be laughing...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
what people don't understand is that knowing the exact day and hour of christ's return is impossible. it is possible to know when the end will begin. i.e. tribulation.

and no, i don't think this guy is right. just sayin, get your facts straight.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think something huge and disastrous is going to happen this year, but I think it's dumb to spend your life savings to advertise it. It'd be better to spend some money on being prepared, than warning people who won't listen. Plus you don't want to spend all your savings just in case nothing happens.

But perhaps he has a well paying job and the money doesn't mean anything to him.
A true christian would give up their wealth without the end being in sight. In which case, who are we to judge?

re-read the bible again. It says the HOUR can't be predicted. It says nothing about the DAY.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
If people can predict things/occurances accurately, why arn't they making thousands by placing bets on their own predictions at bookmakers.

2nd line

My book maker wouldn't take my bet for Sept. 27, 2011 relating to an Elenin alignment and a seismic event. One of my silver dollars for a stack of his.

Like that would be 35 dollars to win 700 or 20-1. He said, "Why don't you bet a dollar and I will give you 10-1". So I bet a dollar. Rats.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join