It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: LTC Terry Lakin- King of Birthers - is Finally Freed from Levinworth and Tells His Story..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
If Obama would have just produced his real BC in the first place early on, Terry wouldn't have had to serve the sentence over his convictions
Obama isn’t to blame because he wasn’t obligated to produce any birth certificate, Obama didn’t order Lakin to deploy, and Lakin decided to disobey the orders of his direct superiors out his own free will.

Lakin has only himself, and no one else, to blame for what happened to him.

YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW that the executive branch is the cic of the armed forces......OBAMA is commander n chief. Yes he (Terry) has every right to question if the commander is really the commander......this question is actually now , proven..........OBAMA doesn't have a real bc. Obama is required to prove his native born american status.........just like every president....so Yes obama being commander n chief did order Terry to deploy essentially...........and truthfully if it is ever proven OBAMA is not by birth the president then all actions he has ordered...........(you serve at the appointment of the president)..........are null void and an act of treason............
of course this will not happen because we all worship obama and no one has the balls to stand up like Terry did.............we are a nation of whipped sheeps and obama knows it........

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

you seriously believe he is a US citizen? dude, do some research.

it is so much deeper. our presidents are bred, not selected.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
S & F for Terry

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

i am no lawyer so i will accept that everything you say is legally correct. i will also point out that our legal system is broken and has become so overly complex as to be completely useless. common sense left the court long ago and now it thrives in the bureaucracy of its own making. this judge took the standard cop-out of its"no standing" like most other chicken # judges. the courts are broken, no matter how closely they follow the rules they have designed for themselves to protect them from being of use.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

aptness is obviously an obama apologist. he probably also spots off about how it is all bush's fault and obama needs more like to actually fix everything. obama could be from mars and this guy would make excuses.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Tonosama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjDoubleD
In this case maybe this officer went about questioning it the wrong way.(Though the birth certificate question, having not been adressed at that time, was a valid cocern for a career miltary man, even though it's a judgement call he made, possibly in error).
I didn’t suggest Lakin wasn’t entitled to worry about or question the legitimacy of the President, but he could have done so and still obey his orders. If Lakin felt this strongly about this issue, he was also free to leave the military.

The duty to disobey an unlawful order applies only to “patently illegal” orders. Ordering someone to report to his CO is not an illegal order. Ordering someone to get on a plane is not an illegal order.

These and other issues — like orders for deployment being nonjusticiable political questions — had been settled by military courts long before Lakin’s case. Maybe Lakin was the victim of bad legal advice as well, but if he truly felt this strongly about the issue, he could have resolved it in some other fashion that didn’t involve breaking the law.

Maybe a military officer could, in other circumstances, raise a legal challenge to Obama’s legitimacy as President and Commander in Chief, but Lakin’s case just wasn’t it.

The larger issue that remains is a true lack of open questioning of America's global miltary hegemony (MSM anyone?), and its' true purpose vis a vis its stated purpose.
That’s a broader and lengthier discussion, that I think falls outside the scope of this case and thread. But I will gladly discuss it with you privately or on some other thread.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Fewer Europeans would have died at the hands of the Nazi's if more German officers had disobeyed orders from their CO.
Did you just compare orders to prosecute and murder civilians with not wanting to board a plane, or meet with one’s commanding officer? That’s beyond absurd.

Originally posted by speaknoevil07
YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW that the executive branch is the cic of the armed forces
No. The President, alone, is the Commander in Chief. The President is also the chief officer of the executive branch. Executive branch doesn’t mean what you apparently think it does.

Yes he (Terry) has every right to question if the commander is really the commander
According to whom? Can you point to anything in the UCMJ to support this claim? You’re not offended if I don’t think your word for it, are you?

Obama is required to prove his native born american status.........just like every president
Yes candidates and President-elects might be required to prove their status, but not to you or Lakin personally. If they are required to prove it to anyone, under the Constitution, it’s to Congress.

this question is actually now , proven..........OBAMA doesn't have a real bc.
No, this is merely your opinion. And similar to Lakin’s, your opinion and beliefs on this matter are completely immaterial.

Originally posted by Tonosama
aptness is obviously an obama apologist. he probably also spots off about how it is all bush's fault and obama needs more like to actually fix everything.
Why am I obviously an “Obama apologist”? Because I don’t buy your birther nonsense?

You are accusing me of something based on an assumption. Can I say you obviously like underaged girls? Either back up your claims or take them back.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

aptness is my new best friend. People instead of trying to tarnish obama, just look at the facts about this situation. It's not hard to realize.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hope fully this will teach the citizens of the USA a lesson in manners, not to be a Judas traitor to your country that shows horrific disloyalty towards your fellow country men. He should have got the death penalty if you ask me. Most likely in the next 20 years it wouldn’t surprise if it came out that he was a mole for North Korea or Iran or something.
Such dishonorable Americans in this country as of late…I just don’t understand?

I see a man among the sheep but to each their own I guess...

I mean really the man just wanted to make sure his commander in chief was the real deal. To see a real BC... Now two years later and we get a two bit fake. But hey he deserves to die for having dared to take the bullet. Then he gets denied justice and locked up by the jesters own courts. Heck look at how much of bushes background is known... Stuff no sane man would have wanted aired and then some but that was ok. Touch Obama the new liar in chief and we got a legion of fools crying foul.

Do you literally understand the reality aspect of life, that before his election and before he was in the senate, that all this information was confirmed. Do you not understand how stupid and racist America looked by even asking that questions of the Commander and Chief. I’m so glad the younger generation is here to bring new life to this planet, as the humans born between 1920 and 1960 have totally lost faith with god and what life really stands for.
Its pathetic and sad how the older generation is, to bring there founding fathers thinking into the 21st century of life that’s so retarded and ungodly to such a good world.

This world will be a much better place when the humans between 1920 and 1970 are all ; gone from this earth…Then maybe Jesus would return.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: pushed replie by accudent before finishing

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

You know I was thinking that same thing about the older generation. If obama was president back in the day, people would have been allowed to break the law. They would of never accepted the fact that he was even a citizen. But the youth now are taking over from the old farts and it's showing everywhere. We don't see color or limits on a being. As the Mayans warned the older folks, we have now entered the galactic or universal consciousness phase so we have no more time for these silly games like the old folks did. As a matter of fact if you look at the world now they still try to introduce new games to us and it's not working out to well. People should get over it and move to bigger and better thinking.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOUGH3914
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

You know I was thinking that same thing about the older generation. If obama was president back in the day, people would have been allowed to break the law. They would of never accepted the fact that he was even a citizen. But the youth now are taking over from the old farts and it's showing everywhere. We don't see color or limits on a being. As the Mayans warned the older folks, we have now entered the galactic or universal consciousness phase so we have no more time for these silly games like the old folks did. As a matter of fact if you look at the world now they still try to introduce new games to us and it's not working out to well. People should get over it and move to bigger and better thinking.

we have now entered the galactic or universal consciousness phase

People should get over it and move to bigger and better thinking

It feels good to see a HUMAN on the ATS that truly 'Denys' all forms of ' Ignorance', NOT ONLY ON THE ATS BUT ON THIS EARTH, as DOUGH3914 heart bleeds the blood of the good side, the reality side OF LIFE, the reality side of GOD.

IMMORATALY....'PRICLESS'>>>>>People should get over it and move to bigger and better thinking

edit on 16-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by aptness

This officer I think made his stand on the wrong (small CIC validity) issue, perhaps for the right (larger geopolitical) reasons. His disconnect or his error, I feel, was in equating the validity question of the CIC in particular with the overall legitimacy of foreign intervention in general (this is my inference, not Mr. Lakin's stated view). The CIC directs the US military agenda to a large degree, but enough attention was being made to focus on this validity issue with or without his involvement and courage to stand up, which he could have then utilized in a more dramatically effective gesture.

While the larger issue of US foreign policy is somewhat beyond the scope of this particular man's case, it nevertheless should act as a lens to understand the events. Maybe there is a growing dissociation or disconnect among the military between their stated goals and values and the perceived outcomes , and it is manifesting in these irrational and seemingly illogical ways?

Disobeying the orders given in this particular case seems silly as the orders were innocuous. I think Mr. Lakin could have had more effect in complying with those orders and then lodging his protest from within. He could also have waited for a more opportune moment to lodge a refusal of orders; for example when those orders more closely resembled ones which he would have been much more justified in refusing. Based on the unfortunate frequency of US foreign military entaglements, these opportunities likely would have availed themselves of such as he.
Also, had Mr. Lakin been told 'The Donald' was gonna be all over the POTUS validity issue, he could have rested easy, no? (Derp!)
I may just be spinning my wheels on this whole diconnect deal, however, as Mr. Lakin may well agree with all US policy and simply had this particular validity issue with Obama, only.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjDoubleD
His disconnect or his error, I feel, was in equating the validity question of the CIC in particular with the overall legitimacy of foreign intervention in general (this is my inference, not Mr. Lakin's stated view).
I understand, but what is the basis for your inference exactly?

If memory serves me right, Lakin had already done one tour in Afghanistan. This was going to be his second. Lakin served for 18 or 19 years, and had been deployed numerous times. I don’t recall ever reading about his criticism of US foreign policy.

Maybe you are right in your analysis and conclusion, but, at least from what I know, I think Lakin’s only problem was with the supposed illegitimacy of the President.

edit on 16-5-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

I has none. That inference was mine. As you say, how else to explain why he never had a problem before with US foreign policy, at least not enough to have said anything?
My inference is likely due to the fact that aside from the legitmacy issue (which is relatively recent and admittedly quite possibly his only issue) US foreign policy, while usually agressive, seems to have intensified, whether by action or reaction, also relatively recently. Foreign theatres have expanded dramatically in the last 10-15 years (Pakistan, you're up!). I offer this only as a possible secondary cause of his frustrations, and as I said, that comes from my lips not his.
(BTW nice info on this thread apt, your time spent digging is one of the reasons we're able to have this debate.)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Some of you are who give people who enjoy sites such as ATS a bad name...

I've served in the military so I'd like to ask this: HOW DA HE!! do any of you think a man can become CIC and his eligibility hasn't been verified!!!

Do any of you have any idea how finely his background check would have been? I applied for just a communications job in the WH and they found things in my background that I had forgotten!

Do you realize how STUPID you look insisting BO isn't an American citizen? It also makes you appear to be racist or at the least a tinfoil hat wearer.

Do any of you suppose that there's even a Private in the military who isn't eligible...what gives you any indication that a man would be allowed to become PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!

What that LTC did was STUPID and proves he was probably at this site chatting it up with one of you STUPID people who actually believe BO's eligibility is a question! What he did was very unbecoming of an Officer as I'm sure he was informed at his sentencing. He, same as most of you, just took a big # on this nations intelligence agency...calling all of them, our NSA, our CIA, our FBI, every member of Congress, and many others, INCOMPETENT and FOOLS!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

BS. Your blind appeal to, and wanton granting of immediate credibility to government is not only naive and ignorant, but it is the very reason this country finds itself in the situation it does. It's time it stopped. That's asking too much- I know.

:shk:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

With all due respect. You did not address any of his questions. Being fully on topic and rather thought provoking, I was eager to read your well thought out and intelligent response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join