It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: LTC Terry Lakin- King of Birthers - is Finally Freed from Levinworth and Tells His Story..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
LTC Terry Lakin, the American Hero who went to military prison over the Obama birth certificate issue, is finally out after serving months in prison. And in this interview he tells his story about the insanity of not being able to even present defense in court. Apparently the coverup rabbit hole with the Obama BC issue goes so deep, they would not even let it go to discovery. Also about his time in prison.

He seems in reasonable spirits, and the story is intriguing.

He says "The military did not really know what to do with this situation," he says in one part of the interview. "Justice was not served that day, in my opinion," he says- referring to the fiasco of a court trial. He went to prison over principle, and makes that distinction clearly.

He received many letters while in prison, at the rate 20 or 30 a day- and they went a long way towards keeping his spirits up. But on the inside his entry was much like any other inmate, and he was jeered at when he first arrived. There are no heroes in prison, and no one cared about what he did to get there. Well Terry, we cared, and you will forever be remembered as a person who stood for what is right.
No matter what!

Lakin declined to respond to military orders because he was denied answers to his questions about the legitimacy of Obama's presidency. He then was court-martialed after the judge decided she would not allow him to present his arguments or his witnesses.

Questions during the brief interview were restricted by Lakin's advisers because of the pending status of an appeal of the military court's decision, as well as a request for clemency that remains unaddressed.

His release came after a standard reduction in time for good behavior.

www.wnd.com...
edit on Sat May 14th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Ill tell you what, anyone that would endure months of military prison for principle deserves alot of respect, in my eyes and opinion, this guy is a real life American hero, too bad there were not more military men and women willing to do this, the truth would come out alot faster!

+13 more 
posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
LTC Terry Lakin, the American Hero who went to military prison over the Obama birth certificate issue
No, he didn’t. He went to prison because he disobeyed orders from his CO.

If he hadn’t invoked the birth certificate excuse the birthers would be calling this guy a traitor and a coward.

Just the birther double standard and hypocrisy at work. Carry on.

+15 more 
posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

For more than two years Terry tried to get confirmation of the Commander in Chief's eligibility. He followed every proper procedural means at his disposal as a senior officer and Army doctor. In late 2010 LTC Lakin chose to invite his own court martial with the hopes that the normal processes of legal discovery would provide some answers. Instead the court refused all requests for discovery. Nor did the court allow any witnesses. With no defense, Terry was found guilty of the charges resulting from his refusal to deploy.

Have to say this man is a hero. His trial an obvious sham to protect the real identity of the Commander in Chief. Yes, something tells me that the 'rabbit hole' runs deep on this issue when the courts refuse to even admit any evidence, or requests for discovery or witnesses. Perfect way to try and discredit him, when he's not even permitted the rights to defend himself. For the full article, please read - www.christiannewswire.com...
edit on 14-5-2011 by ShakaDoodle because: typo correction

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Are you calling him a traitor and a coward?
His rank speaks loudly of his abilities and charactor.
What is your rank?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

Yeah, thanks for the link. He followed every proper procedure he could, and was sucked right down the rabbit hole. I think we need to pour 10 million gallons of gasoline down that hole and give Terry the lighter, now that he's safely out.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Is the judge a good one?
Different judges decided the appeals is good...right?
edit on 14-5-2011 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
Is the judge a good one?
I don’t know her, and have never come across other case decided by this judge. What I know, and my opinions of the ruling, are based on what she wrote in her ruling

It seems to me, in every instance, she applied the precedents. I don’t see any reason to believe then, as a matter of law, the case was wrongly decided.

But I’m open to your opinion and interpretation of, based on the facts of the case, and existing law, if, when and why the judge erred.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Yeah well obviously what the Constitution did not provide for or ever expect was nearly the entire Congress, and the President, would all be conspiring together at once under an NWO agenda to execute the will of Rome and Israel. And by that same situation, that the President would be so protected that illegal orders could stay uncontested forever by a Congress "unwilling" to prosecute the BC issue. So it's game over, and Terry was screwed before he even started. His lawyers knew that, but still took his money anyway, now didn't they.

Where that judge erred was in the fact that her court should have recognized that the issue would never get prosecuted by the Congress, and on that basis made an exception to proceed to discovery. Because in this case, she should have seen that Terry had no other chance to prove his case. Instead she wimped, and shrugged off the issue, regardless of the fact that a highly respected member of the military was about to go to prison.

When in fact, there is a common sense basis that Terry's orders were an indirect result of orders and policy from a questionable usurper of office. Therefore she had a civic duty in light of all that to proceed differently.

The whole thing stinks. Until a court is willing to be a real court again with some common sense, there will never be resolve on this issue. They'll all just throw it back at Congress, who will never do anything. But see, Obama is an expert on the Constitution and knew this long ago. And the legal precedence of the other cases only confirmed that no court outside of Congress could ever, or would ever, claim the legal jurisdiction to prosecute it.

Yep, we've been had. Lock, stock, and barrel.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Oh look! The shilltrolls are coming out early on this one.
If Obama would have just produced his real BC in the first place early on, Terry wouldn't have had to serve the sentence over his convictions, and mine, that Obama is a lying sack of usurper.

No.

If he hadn't disobeyed orders, then he wouldn't have been court martialed.

Seriously, this was a ridiculous defense and blaming his prison sentence on Obama not releasing his BC earlier is a real stretch.

The fact is, this guy let his political views get the better of him, and he made a really stupid decision. Then he paid the price for that decision. He elected to serve in the military, so he elected to face the consequences of going AWOL.

I wonder how he feels, now that he's served months in prison only to find out that Obama has released his certificate and is a confirmed US citizen. I bet he regrets his actions, even if he says he doesn't.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yeah well obviously what the Constitution did not provide for or ever expect was nearly the entire Congress, and the President, would all be conspiring together at once under an NWO agenda to execute the will of Rome and Israel.
You forgot the courts. Don’t forget the courts! They are in on it as well. Oh, and the reptilians.

Where that judge erred was in the fact that her court should have recognized that the issue would never get prosecuted by the Congress, and on that basis made an exception to proceed to discovery.
The court can’t, and explained why. You should read the ruling of the judge, it’s quite detailed.

12. Notwithstanding this distinction, the issues of whether President Obama is a natural born citizen and whether he is qualified under the Constitution to serve as President are textually demonstrable constitutional commitments of the issues to a coordinate political department. Article 1, Sections 1 and 3 of the Constitution give Congress the sole power of impeachment and removal of a serving President. The Court further concludes that it is impossible for this Article 1 Court to undertake independent resolution of whether President Obama is a natural born citizen or is qualified under the Constitution to hold office without expressing lack of respect due coordinate branches of government.

Because in this case, she should have seen that Terry had no other chance to prove his case.
Sure he did. Lakin’s problem was that his ‘case’ rested on his suspicions and unfounded accusations of the President being ineligible to hold office — not credible or legal reasons to compel discovery of such a matter — and that they were, ultimately, completely irrelevant to the charges.

14. The merits of whether President Obama is a natural born citizen and whether he is qualified under the Constitution to hold office are not logically relevant under [Military Rules of Evidence] MRE 401 for the interlocutory question, the merits portion of the trial, or the sentencing portion of the trial. Even if they were logically relevant, in light of the conclusion of the Court that the above Baker factors exist, judicial review of these issues by this court-martial is precluded by the political question doctrine. Thus, even if logically relevant under MRE 401, the issues are not legally relevant under MRE 402 and not admissible under MRE 403.

Lakin disobeyed a legal and valid direct order from his CO. What suspicions Lakin has about the President are irrelevant, because even if the President was ineligible, Lakin had a duty to obey the orders given to him by his direct superiors.

Simple as that.

edit on 14-5-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes Whatever happened to all humans are equal under the Law. Seems money and power make some people above the Law.

IMO its time to overthrow and usurp the government.
edit on 14-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

LTC Terry Lakin, the American Hero

Thats a big opinion right there. He looks like a clown to me. Good he got to serve his time now he can return to where he once was. Now as to whether he'll seek to waste tax payer money on another birther crusade? I would not be surprised.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
reply to post by aptness

Are you calling him a traitor and a coward?
His rank speaks loudly of his abilities and charactor.
What is your rank?

While this guy is inspiring, I wouldn't go as far as to say his rank speaks for his abilities and character. I have know many many many officers of his rank and higher who are low lifes who enjoyed their power a little to much. Nothing criminal, just using it to make lower ranking soldiers lives hell.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I wonder how he feels, now that he's served months in prison only to find out that Obama has released his certificate and is a confirmed US citizen. I bet he regrets his actions, even if he says he doesn't.

Who confirmed that evil beast a citizen? His imps?.....yea, he is a citizen of hell....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Oh look! The shilltrolls are coming out early on this one.
If Obama would have just produced his real BC in the first place early on, Terry wouldn't have had to serve the sentence over his convictions, and mine, that Obama is a lying sack of usurper.

No.

If he hadn't disobeyed orders, then he wouldn't have been court martialed.

Seriously, this was a ridiculous defense and blaming his prison sentence on Obama not releasing his BC earlier is a real stretch.

The fact is, this guy let his political views get the better of him, and he made a really stupid decision. Then he paid the price for that decision. He elected to serve in the military, so he elected to face the consequences of going AWOL.

I wonder how he feels, now that he's served months in prison only to find out that Obama has released his certificate

And it appears completely legitimate.....right? Theres' absolutely no indication of "funny business" going on with that second(?) or was it the third(?) certificate? Roadworn tiring old defense"he showed it!".

Originally posted by drwizardphd
is a confirmed US citizen. I bet he regrets his actions, even if he says he doesn't.

Lakin was tried for "missing a movement"; technically the judge was within her legal boundries to force the trial to whether he missed his assigned movement". He admiited he did not deploy. (legally itwas just "Shooting fish in a barrel") COL: Your orders #xxxxx State you were to report here at this date and time.DIDYOUreport as ordered ? NO ma'm: GUILTY!
HE IS A HERO. Any no balls; non-serving; Obama supporter who claims Colonel Lakin missed his deployment because he was a coward deserves a little one on one behind closed doors counseling time with the good Colonel.
edit on 14-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
And it appears completely legitimate.....right? Theres' absolutely no indication of "funny business" going on with that second(?) or was it the third(?) certificate?
Only two certificates have been released by Obama and Hawaii. The Certification of Live Birth — aka the short form — Obama presented months before the election, and now a certified copy of the Department of Health’s internal certificate of live birth record.

Roadworn tiring old defense"he showed it!".
He did. And he didn’t even have to.

The President doesn’t have an obligation to convince every single whackjob out there.

Lakin was tried for "missing a movement"; technically the judge was probably withinher legal boundries to force the trial to whether he missed his assigned movement"
It was the only thing in the case the court could address.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join