It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims May 21st...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Nightchild

Unless there was an adjustment or something I didn't catch somewhere, 4990 BC is actually 7001 years before 2011 - so this should have happened last year?

Do they not count anything between years 1BC/1AD, does it just shoot from one to the other with no year 0, etc.?

Oh yes, you are completely right about that, and I actually forgot to include the following text from the article which concerns just that;

[One year must be subtracted in going from an Old Testament B.C. calendar date to a New Testament A.D. calendar date because the calendar does not have a year zero.]

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Thanks Nightchild. We'll see what happens, but I've never really been all that hot on numbers games as a means of forecasting from the bible.

I think we CAN know that his return & the rapture is likely to occur on a Rosh Hashanah in my opinion, since it's the hebrew day of judgement, as well as the day and hour no man knows (since identifying the day relied on visual sighting of the moon by two people) and this was announced by blowing the shofar (as judgement day will be announced by the trumpet of god), but I'm leery on any way to calculate years other than observing the signs for what's coming. I don't think either date covered here is correct - too many shades of Nostradamus-style playing with the texts, as well as taking commentary by Peter out of context.

Be well and prepared at all times, though.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I don't think anything will happen at all and that the people behind this prediction will feel and look incredibly stupid when the 22nd comes around. Perhaps they will even have to flee to some other country to escape from the shame.

I do admit that I am open, to the possibility that it will happen, but do not believe it. There have been so many predictions after predictions made EACH YEAR saying that this and that will happen that I have literally lost count of them.

Ah well, we will have to see, won't we, the date is just around the corner anyway.

Plus, we just got yet another prediction by you just now.

/Regards

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Indeed. I don't know how bad the shame will be or that it might make some flee (people make horrible fools out of themselves not infrequently...). But, having spent your life savings over such a thing - ouch.

As far as any predictions from me - it's going to get worse before it gets better, and as far as dates I just have my opinion but would not be surprised if I were wrong

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
Damn crazy old man and i bet theres thousands of fools that believe him

YEP.....

edit on 14-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join