It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worker at Nuke Plant Dies!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

TOKYO -- The operator of Japan's tsunami-wrecked nuclear power plant said a contract worker in his 60s died Saturday after collapsing at the facility's waste disposal building, adding that his body showed no signs of dangerous levels of radioactivity.
He was the first person to die at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant since the March 11 quake and tsunami damaged the facility, causing a string of fires, explosions and radiation leaks in the world's worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl in 1986.
The worker, who had only started working at the plant the day before, was carrying equipment when he collapsed. He died later in hospital, said Tokyo Electric Power Co. spokesman Naoyuki Matsumoto.
The company does not know the cause of his death, Matsumoto said. The man was working at the waste disposal building, which stores radioactive-contaminated water that has leaked from the plant's tsunami-crippled reactors.
He had been wearing a radiation protection suit, mask and gloves, and no radioactivity at harmful levels was detected in his body, the spokesman said.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The first of many. Bless that guy for having the courage to do what he was doing, but curse his superiors who should've buried that place on day two. I hope his family will be well compensated for his efforts.

ETA: I don't buy the "no radiation found in his body" comment by the officials. They reported a long time ago that they were working in areas so toxic that it was likely their suits would do little good. An American inspector who was allowed in the plant made a statement a month back that all of those workers were the walking dead and had come to terms with this.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Rest in peace, man.
Flagged.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
The first of many. Bless that guy for having the courage to do what he was doing, but curse his superiors who should've buried that place on day two. I hope his family will be well compensated for his efforts.

ETA: I don't buy the "no radiation found in his body" comment by the officials. They reported a long time ago that they were working in areas so toxic that it was likely their suits would do little good. An American inspector who was allowed in the plant made a statement a month back that all of those workers were the walking dead and had come to terms with this.

i agree. workers at chernobyl could only manage working for a few minutes a day without passing the fatal dose of radiation. this disaster is much worse that chernobyl. they had heavy duty radiation suits.

"nuclear power is a hell of a way to boil water"-Einstein

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I also don't buy the no radiation comment. I'm sorry, he's working in a place that's literally like hell on earth, he drops over dead, and they have the gall to even say that.

Even his body is now so toxic that a funeral would be out of the question.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I don't believe everything officials say either.

But if it's true that he only started working the day before, it's unlikely radiation would have killed him so quickly. Even when you receive a fatal dose of radiation in a short time, you usually don't die right away. I'd say his death occurred in too short a time span to be caused by radiation.

Some of the workers probably will die of radiation though. It happened at Chernobyl and will probably happen at Fukushima also. But it doesn't sound like this guy died from radiation.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

If you watch the latest update from Fairewinds, Arnie says that just a few hours of exposure to the levels they are seeing, are fatal, and as he says not in the future, but immediately.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That's a genuine hero, he probably neglected or suppressed any pains for awhile because he figured it would be better continue working on trying to control the disaster rather than giving up and allow hospitalization, he didn't chicken out staring disaster in the eye and didn't give in to any pains.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

He had been wearing a radiation protection suit, mask and gloves, and no radioactivity at harmful levels was detected in his body,

Shameful lies.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The guy was in his 60's carying equipment. A heart attack is a lot more likely. If it was radiation he would have died a much slower death.
Why is this big news again?

edit on 14-5-2011 by jaydeePNW because: spelling

edit on 14-5-2011 by jaydeePNW because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Unable to determine cause of death? In this day and age with all our forensics tools and our cool gadgets? No way.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
possibly he had other ailments that the radiation triggered? surely we don't have that much research on wether radiation can bring on earlier strokes, blod clots etc?

Maybe if he had only started working there the day before he made a mistake that exposed him to higher levels?

How can there be no radiation detected in his body? People flying from Japan are setting of radiation alarms

"Trace amounts of radiation from Japan have been detected in Chicago.

WBBM Newsradio 780′s Mike Krauser reports that travelers coming in from Japan on Wednesday triggered radiation detectors at O'Hare airport as they passed through customs."

www.kxlh.com...

edit: I reread it and i see they used "no harmful levels were detected" how much is that exactly?

edit on 14-5-2011 by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
Unable to determine cause of death? In this day and age with all our forensics tools and our cool gadgets? No way.

Thats what I say...But, he could have dies because of Information....information he had just found out and let the wrong person know about it or said he was going to tell others about it...The U.S. is bad for killing a person for this....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
People in there 60s die every day from unknown causes.

People in there 60s that have not done a hard days labor in a while and then go to work on a hard job in a sealed radiation suit can not sweat off the heat and get dehydrated this can become fatal quickly as the blood thickens up and is harder for the heart to pump it.

I was a industrial EMT for a few years and have seen it a number of times in the desert where i did most of my work.
many of the cases were people from cooler climates that did not understand the risk and did not drink enough water.

The first symptoms of radiation sickness is Nausea and vomiting.

This guy was in a full radiation suit with respirator.

The first problem he would have had was filling his respirator with vomit.

That would be a sign of high dosage and he would have been pulled from the job for a dosimeter check.

Since this did not happen its unlikely to have been radiation sickness.

link   

People in there 60s that have not done a hard days labor in a while and then go to work on a hard job in a sealed radiation suit can not sweat off the heat and get dehydrated this can become fatal quickly as the blood thickens up and is harder for the heart to pump it.

I was a industrial EMT for a few years and have seen it a number of times in the desert where i did most of my work.
many of the cases were people from cooler climates that did not understand the risk and did not drink enough water.

That would be a sign of high dosage and he would have been pulled from the job for a dosimeter check.

link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Your posts says it all.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Very interesting post.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Funny, I gave you a star and ATS wouldn't ackowlege it............I didn't redo it. ???

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Funny again, I gave you a star and it didn't appear..................first star for your post. Strange.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join