It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI investigating camouflaged intruder photographing Oregon dam at 2AM through barbed wire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Uh oh?

FBI investigating camouflaged intruder photographing Ore. dam

The FBI wants to know the identity of a man who climbed a barbed wire fence and entered Lookout Point Dam, southeast of Eugene, on March 2.

Surveillance cameras caught the intruder on tape just before 2 a.m.

The Army Corps of Engineers released the video in the hope the public will help identify the man.

“We don’t know exactly what he was doing or why he was there,” said Erik Petersen, Operations Project Manager, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

“We believe he was taking pictures of the facility. Why? We're not sure," said Petersen.

PSU terrorism expert Gary Perlstein agreed there was reason to be concerned, noting that the man was camouflaged and had to intentionally climbed over barbed wire fencing to reach the spot where he was seen on surveillance cameras.

Reconnaissance me thinks. The guy wasn't going through barbed wire at 2AM with camouflage for fun.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Probably the C.I.A. getting ready for their next big false flag after the big "Osama" gig in a couple of months. A little recon?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
double post

edit on 14-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Probably the C.I.A. getting ready for their next big false flag after the big "Osama" gig in a couple of months. A little recon?

Yep. False-flag is a coming.

Will it be blamed on Al-CIAda ... or militias so they can finally get the guns?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Why doesn´t he wear a mask? I mean: camouflage but no mask? Ill prepared or intention.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
hmmmm..he didnt seem to worried about anyone seeing his face.
had his camo's on but forgot his mask.
very strange

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Oh FFS, they already know who he is.
It is really sad that our people have stooped to the level of being suspicious of everyone.
Divide and Conquer.
"Just as planned"

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
And this incident happened over 2 months ago??
Doesn't like they are in much of a "rush" to catch him if they're just releasing it now....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
And this incident happened over 2 months ago??
Doesn't like they are in much of a "rush" to catch him if they're just releasing it now....

Indeed... hopefully is not a big red flag...

Boom the dam blows up... FBI : see, we tried to catch him!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

The reason they waited 2 months is that they were hopeing to catch him without leting the public no that there was a breach there weather its cia or someone elese now they need our help and I dont think this nut job will get away with it again

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Intruder has the same receding hair line as the Army Core spokesman (Erik Petersen, Operations Project Manager, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers). LOL .....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What's down river? city? township? that amount of water could cause a lot of economic damage, a lot of deaths and a clean up bill in the billions...?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Could be nothing more than a Red Team exercise? Though, he failed as he was seen. Red Teams (also known as Red Cells) purposely test high profile facilities on a fairly regular basis. Ah, the good 'ol days.

I base this on his haircut, BDU Gore-Tex jacket, jeans and what looks to be a fairly high end camera.
Could be a bad guy as well, let’s see what transpires.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
ill give credit to the FBI in that of all the agencies they tend to be able to differentiate between what really is or is not a threat.

DHS should take a lesson from them.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Oh great. This genious is gonna cause hell for all photographers. Now they actually have legimate claim against a person with a camera since he was stupid and went over a fence. Not because he had a camera.

[edit to add]

Surveillance cameras caught the intruder on tape just before 2 a.m.

That camera has to be pretty useless at that time without tripod btw.

[more add]
The video raises all kinds of questions. At 0.30 in it the guy says "he was taking pictures of himself". Considering that is so dark taking pictures of something else that is not under a light would be pretty much impossible. Not to mention this whole video stinks to hell to begin with. Also if the camera system was tracking him and zooming in etc. wouldn't that suggest that there was a person operating it? Or was it automatically tracking movement? Looked human enough for me. Why didn't they just intercept the guy there and then??
edit on 14/5/2011 by PsykoOps because: double add

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My Government has turned into a Reality Show.
Theyve learned that people feed on drama and they are using it to their full advantage.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Update. They think they found the guy. source

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Gonna need more than a pair of undercrackers and a few onces of fizzlin' PETN to make a dent in that sucker!

Seriously, it would take a very large amount of explosives detonated withing the dam itself to weaken the walls enough to cause a breach. They are in more danger of failing due to maintenance budget cuts than the bogeyman.

top topics

join