It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Circus Freak': Scientists Say Croatian 'Magnetic Boy' Is a Fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

'Circus Freak': Scientists Say Croatian 'Magnetic Boy' Is a Fake

www.theblaze.com

A six-year-old boy from Croatia dubbed “magnetic boy,” is attracting curiosity from his family and friends because of his – you guessed it right – magnetic attraction.

Reports said that Ivan Stoiljkovic has the ability to stick metallic objects to his body, including spoons, mobile phones, frying pans, or anything that has metallic content.

The boy, who lives with his family in a remote village near Koprivnica, is reportedly able to carry up to 25kg of metal stuck to his torso at a time.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
media.brisbanetimes.com.au
www.telegraph.co.uk
au.ibtimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Magnetic Kids That Speak Foreign Languages! This is strange....*Videos*
Magnetic Man and Electric man, real life X-men !!
The 7 year old Serbian "Magnetic" boy.
edit on 14-5-2011 by seraphnb because: faulty links

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have been watching for magnetic people for some time, as I am developing a hypothesis that any skin without hair can perform magnetic attraction. This kid is a perfect example of that idea.
However, when I read to the part about him healing stomach aches and hurt legs, I freaked out.
So, what is the verdict? Fake or superhuman?

Peace,
SeraphNB

www.theblaze.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
He lives in a remote village....probably poor....what a way to earn some cash

I say fake as hell

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well for the size of him he's eating quite well.

The Telegraph vid is quite interesting.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Looking at his size i guess he ate a ton of magnets. How can you let a little kid get so fat?

And i doubt it's true. It's weird that all the freakshow people with strange skills are always from western europe, like that x-ray girl a few years back and other weirdos and it always turn ot to be fake - they just want attention and 5 minutes of fame.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here's the videos:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
dp
edit on 14-5-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I hate how dumb people try to pass people off as special.
Only thing special about that country is how remotely retarded it is.

Jk

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have seen some show about how their skin does it. It has something to do with the combination of the moister in their skin and the shape of their pores. I will try and find the video.. not sure I will though.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Scientists first scanned the 70-year-old's body for a magnetic field, an area in which a magnet exerts its force. They found none. What they did find: super-high friction levels on his skin, a trait that appears to be genetic, or inherited. "His three sons and two grandchildren also have magnetic-like flesh," researcher Mohamed Amin Alias says.

Source

He was on a Discovery channel show called One Step Beyond, and i think they had a CGI display of how it works

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Here's the videos:
The video of the boy doesn't show any magnetism to me. All those things sticking look like they are sticking for reasons other than magnetism.

news.discovery.com...

magnetic people seen in photographs and videos with objects on their body tend to lean back slightly, or stand more or less perpendicular to the ground. If there really was some sort of unknown or magnetic force holding the objects to the body, the person should be able to lean over. It’s also true that Bogdan is a bit chubby, and thus some of the weight of the spoons and other objects on his chest is actually resting on the upper part of his protruding stomach.

That was posted in a previous thread on this topic here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The video of the girl is quite different. It looks like she's got some kind of gimmick, like maybe velcro or something along those lines. The video mentions double-sided tape which is another possibility. But things are sticking to her in a manner that they won't normally stick, unlike the video of the boy which just looks like normal sticking as the discovery article mentions.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985
I have seen some show about how their skin does it. It has something to do with the combination of the moister in their skin and the shape of their pores. I will try and find the video.. not sure I will though.

Gimme a break. You can clearly see the spoon on the chics hand is barely even touching her hand (in the magnetic chic video linked previously). That clearly has nothing to do with her skin.

Believe what you will, though..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Originally posted by dwmjr1985

Gimme a break. You can clearly see the spoon on the chics hand is barely even touching her hand (in the magnetic chic video linked previously). That clearly has nothing to do with her skin.

Believe what you will, though..

Oh yes, it's clearly not touching the skin of her had at all..... I don't know there for she must be magnetic.. right is that what we should believe....

Believe what you will, though.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Gimme a break. You can clearly see the spoon on the chics hand is barely even touching her hand (in the magnetic chic video linked previously). That clearly has nothing to do with her skin. Believe what you will, though..

I find it odd shes called magnetic girl. but the light that's sticking to her hand has the metal top upside down. surly it would of gone the right side up if it as a magnetic force?

Scientists first scanned the 70-year-old's body for a magnetic field, an area in which a magnet exerts its force. They found none. What they did find: super-high friction levels on his skin, a trait that appears to be genetic, or inherited. "His three sons and two grandchildren also have magnetic-like flesh," researcher Mohamed Amin Alias says.

Now that is really cool!I It makes you think why did that mutation take place? was there a reason some small group devolved it over time 1000s of years ago or is it passed on from some sticky animal we evolved from. Im no expert but it certainly interesting

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I can understand the original footage clearly, and they are talking to the boy in a way that asks him to relax and sit still so they can throw the coin at him to stick. And all he responds with, is that he is cold without a shirt on....lol cute lil bloater.
edit on 15-5-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join