It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric fence plan for Big Ben U.K.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
August 3

It is likely to be installed as an interim measure around part of the perimeter of the House of Commons to protect Big Ben, considered a trophy target for terrorists, the Times newspaper said.

House of Commons' authorities have ordered security officials to examine the possibility of running an electric current through strengthened fencing, the report said.
news.com.au...

I don't think an electric fence would stop a full on high speed truck bomb.
They would need ramparts well away from the 'target'.
Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
August 3

It is likely to be installed as an interim measure around part of the perimeter of the House of Commons to protect Big Ben, considered a trophy target for terrorists, the Times newspaper said.

House of Commons' authorities have ordered security officials to examine the possibility of running an electric current through strengthened fencing, the report said.
news.com.au...

I don't think an electric fence would stop a full on high speed truck bomb.
They would need ramparts well away from the 'target'.
Sanc'.

Never been to London have ya lol? The amount of tourists and traffic around Big Ben would stop anythin gettin over 10mph lol
but hell, who knows

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Big Ben a terrorist target, haha. Although I do see that many tourists may be killed but it would do nothing to harm the UK infrastrucute, its just a clock. As Stuey said, you try getting a truck near Big Ben!! The terorists involved, if they managed it, would be in high demand for logistics companies hehe.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221
Never been to London have ya lol? The amount of tourists and traffic around Big Ben would stop anythin gettin over 10mph lol
but hell, who knows

Point taken Stuey1221,
No I haven't been to the U.K.

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
1 question. Why? What is the point of protecting Big Ben? Houses Of Parliament maybe, but Big Ben? Absurd. It is most probably being done to stop any more anti-war protesters climbing it and putting banners up there, like someone I did a couple of months back. It was on the news I think.

new topics

top topics

join