It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA is dying.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I believe the USA is a dying superpower. The reasons why i think this:

1) The US economy is propped up because for the past few decades the dollar has been the dominant currency used for buying and selling oil. This basically has given the USA a piece of the pie during any oil transaction anywhere in the world. Don't underestimate how important this has been; it's the reason why the USA can afford to maintain a defecit while every other country in the world would need a surplus to remain so prosperous.

2) The huge defecits (which can't be sustained without number 1 above).

3) Inflation (as most of you know the US government just prints money out of thin air and in fact isn't even telling you how much thanks to the Federal Reserve).

4) Dependence on the dollar continuing to be used as the currency for oil transactions and dependency on foreign countries which are propping up the dollar such as China, Russia. China holds huge sway over the US because of this. The dollar won't be considered a safe haven forever of international transactions, and it will be swapped out for something else. When that happens, i forsee bread lines in the USA and you'll most likely have to have a 1000 dollar note for a happy meal at McDonalds.

5) The USA is actually a VERY young country, and only became a super power mid last century after WW2. It had a meteroirc rise and i think its common sense that it will have a meteoric fall. Imagine what will happen when the US dollar becomes nearly worthless. Do you think such a young country as the USA has the cultural or societal cohesiveness to stick it out and accept its new place as a 2nd world country? Nope, more like everyone shooting everyone. Thus there will be wars of desperation and alot of blood-shed as the US falls.

6) Military over-expansion that the country can't afford.

7) You can surely name some more? (Outsourcing of almost every kind of job to other countries?)

So please enlighten me if you think i am incorrect. The collapse of the USA (as a world superpower) will be centered around the fact that the US dollar will become less and less respected for use in international trade and it's value will plummit. Yea, i'm sure some of you will say that that can never happen to the USA because it has the biggest baddest a$$ army in the world, but what happens when the USA can't afford to pay its own soldiers? Or simply doesn't have enough soldiers to remain relevant in international affairs?

Finally, check out how many chinese rmb you can buy for 1 dollar. It's a 5 year graph so i think it shows a trend, it speaks for itself!

This 'collapse' won't happen tomorow, but certainly it will within the next 40 years, and probaby much much sooner.

imagebin.org...
edit on 14-5-2011 by zaintdead because: spelling

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The size of the army has nothing to do with whether the USA fails as a country due to defautl on debt other than the army will cease to exist.

The growth of the CNY vs. the USD isn't a bad thing. Traditionally, China has always tied its currency to the USD in order to keep a favorable trade balance. With the growth in China, they can't do it anymore. China is becoming the next world Super Power. Their currency is getting stronger because the world is investing in them. The US and its companies are right there inside China helping to rebuild their infrastructure.

All countries operate on Fiat Currency. No country has enough gold to back the amount of currency they have in play.

www.honestgoldguyofsarasota.com...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Nice post, but nothing acts in a vaccuum. If the U.S. falls, then so does the rest of the world. So many economies are tied into the dollar and the artificial infrastructure of the U.S. that if it fails, other economies would collapse right after it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If the U.S. falls, then so does the rest of the world.

So true. Ever since the Cold War, the concept of Mutually Assured (Economic) Destruction has spread, interlacing the entire civilized world. When Greece falls, the entire Euroworld will begin to follow. The US will be next.
Of course, it would all happen far more quickly when the US and Canada and Mexico all get the Amero. And then, hay! Let us combine the Amero and the Euro! That is a new conspiracy: the Ameuro!
I am going to go write a thread about it. Be right back.

Peace,
SeraphNB

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The issue is not that the US has a fiat currency, as you say other countries have that too. The issue is that the only thing that has allowed the US dollar to keep any semblence of value is the 'trust' that other countries have in US dollar assets and the use of the dollar in oil transactions.

Other countries don't rely on 'trust' and 'oil transactions'; their economy is based on selling tangible goods and having a surplus.

I see no reason for the rest of the world to fall if the USA does. That is a comfortable thought for Americans no doubt (well, if we are screwed then we're takin yall with us!!), but its not reality. Reality is that other countries can easily transition to other currencies in international trade (it's happening already little by little) and other countries can simply trade with eachother and maintain a semblence of normalcy and even prosper. If the US falls it is because the dollar is valueless and because the US has nothing to offer the world in terms of exporting something tanglible and useful and even lacking in the ability to be a market for other coutries' goods. When that happens the US is already irrelvent; other countries will not fall just because the USA does.

Let me put it more clearly:

Imagine a GIANT METEOR hitting the USA tomorow. If it turned the entire North American continent into a crater, do you honestly believe the rest of the world would die? That no country would take the place of the USA as a superpower? That no-one else in the world would have money, food, or services? Hell no! And a giant meteor is not going to hit the USA! Simply the USA will become irrelevent thanks to a worthless dollar. The world can do just fine without the USA.
edit on 14-5-2011 by zaintdead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zaintdead

Clearly? Really this is your example? To quickly answer your question,

“If it turned the entire North American continent into a crater, do you honestly believe the rest of the world would die?”

Um, yeppers, everyone would be toast if the U.S. was nothing but a crater.

I see your point, but you can come up with a better analogy than that can’t ya?

edit on 14-5-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

But there is an effect if the US dies. The US consumer middleclass. The US imports from all over the world. When the US middleclass is gone, it WILL affect the entire world. The economics are not as SIMPLE as you would portray them. If an entire country such as the US that is so ingrained in the world economy would have a devistating affect worldwide if it were gone tomorrow.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Once either the CYU, USD, Euro, even the Yen or Ruble collapses, there will be a dominio effect on the other economies. Followed by war as no country is going to go down without a fight. You can physically see what is happening in Greece and the Middle East due to poor financial management and entitlement programs.

I believe that it is coming, though I hope I’m wrong and saner minds prevail.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Your post hits the root cause of the issue for us nationally. The wealth gap.

A capitalist system requires demand and the spending that results. As 95% of the nation sees it's buying power drop, the system begins to choke. 5% (or less) cannot replace the flow of capital.

The concentration of wealth in the hands of a super minority is a death sentence in a capitalist economy.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
dude America is done, its over... its going to end one way or another

it doesnt matter how many revolutions we have its still going down to hell

why? the people are idiots.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
In Australia its a given that the CHINESE are about to UNSURP the AMERICAN DOLLAR soon.
I weep personally at this as many millions of Aussies will.
I do not WANT THE chinese DICTATING ANYTHING, BUT ALAS ITS FACT.
NO WAR nah the sacrifices were illusions built on bllod and bone deaths.
This world will be owned by the Chinese and Indian, because they bought traitors.
UNDERSTAND TRAITORS SOLD US OUT TO GENOCIDE.
WE are all so stupid.

new topics

top topics

join