It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin Smoking Gun? White House Letter Addresses Potential "Impending Asteroid Collision with

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Comet Elenin Smoking Gun? White House Letter Addresses Potential "Impending Asteroid Collision with Earth"

beforeitsnews.com

John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, or OSTP, outlines plans for "(A) protecting the United States from a near-Earth object that is expected to collide with Earth."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Recently our planet has been devastated with a series of high profile Earthquakes. Could an incoming comet really be responsible for causing Earthquakes here on Earth? More and more reports coming out of reputable sources such as Cornell University prove that incoming space rocks could indeed be responsible for Earthquakes here on Earth

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by noordmo

My bookie refused to take a larger than usual bet on the Sept. 27, 2011 alignment date and a seismic event.

The bet was simple, one of my silver dollars verses a stack of his.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by noordmo

More and more reports coming out of reputable sources such as Cornell University prove that incoming space rocks could indeed be responsible for Earthquakes here on Earth

HRH Dr. Mensur Omerbashich, the Sovereign Duke os Bosnia is in no way affiliated with Cornell University. Anyone can submit papers to be posted there. It is not peer reviewed:

Disclaimer: Papers will be entered in the listings in order of receipt on an impartial basis and appearance of a paper is not intended in any way to convey tacit approval of its assumptions, methods, or conclusions by any agent (electronic, mechanical, or other). We reserve the right to reject any inappropriate submissions.

arxiv.org...

Further information about HRH Dr. Mensur Omersbashich can be gleaned from his blog:
bosniafordummies.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by noordmo

Beforeitsnews is such a legit site....not.
edit on 14-5-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Here's a smoking gun...

Letter written October 2010.

Elenin discovered December 2010.

Uhh..........

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Nice graph, However I wonder - does the comet need to pass the same plane with our Earth orbit? What if this one is way above or way below?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

No NEO large enough to present a hazard is known to be on a collision course with the Earth, and the probability of an impact by such a NEO is extremely low.
It goes on to say that there are 149 objects they know of that are large enough and in the proper orbit to possibly collide with earth, and that none of them present a threat of colliding with Earth in the next century.

Smoking gun? More like end of discussion..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
its very plausible that they've known about elenin for awhile. given that WISE had photographed almost the whole sky before elenin was officially announced. it took only about 6 months to photograph the whole sky. i'm sticking with what my friend in nasa told me. you'll see.

to the poster above me^

last time, a meteor the size of a skyscraper had a chance of hitting earth. no word of its existence until AFTER it passed. there's a video of news reporters talking about it somewhere here on ats.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Here's a smoking gun...

Letter written October 2010.

Elenin discovered December 2010.

Uhh..........

You are basing your assumption that Elenin was actually "discovered" in December 2010. Consider the possibility that it was discovered earlier, and kept secret. This possibility also exists.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
its very plausible that they've known about elenin for awhile. given that WISE had photographed almost the whole sky before elenin was officially announced. it took only about 6 months to photograph the whole sky. i'm sticking with what my friend in nasa told me. you'll see.

to the poster above me^

last time, a meteor the size of a skyscraper had a chance of hitting earth. no word of its existence until AFTER it passed. there's a video of news reporters talking about it somewhere here on ats.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

Hey Bob -- you and me again on this subject. Good to see ya again brother. I got your back.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Actually I'm basing my assumptions that the letter wasn't about a specific comet, but about the threat of a comet impact in the future.

The author of the article on beforeitsnews is leaping to the conclusion that it is Elenin, there is no indication at all to suggest this.

The fact that the letter was written before the (official) discovery of Elenin makes this even more likely.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I read the letters from the White House, and this is a very sobering scenario they are preparing for. Preparation is prudent, but not necessarily an indicator of an actual event. I think they're being realistic by including contingencies for disaster preparedness HOWEVER

Why shut SETI down after this letter evidently deems space watch so important?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

SETI has nothing to do with detecting NEOs. There primary mission is to find extraterrestrial life.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by noordmo

You have been fooled by "beforeitsnews", yet again...as have many, many others who post their ridiculous, sensationalist headlines on ATS, in their thread titles.....just for what?
Attention?

*Stars*? *Flags*??

THINK before you post such garbage.......

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
I read the letters from the White House, and this is a very sobering scenario they are preparing for. Preparation is prudent, but not necessarily an indicator of an actual event. I think they're being realistic by including contingencies for disaster preparedness HOWEVER

Why shut SETI down after this letter evidently deems space watch so important? [/quote

While SETI isn't capable of finding NEO artifacts, the bigger question here is WHY has the Space Shuttle program been shut down?

That, my friends, is the larger question here, as it leaves us with no domestic capabilities of putting an american in orbit to the ISS. All of a sudden, the shuttle fleet is being dismantled? Why!? Is it because the administration knows that come September of 2011 there will be no need to go to space again? And that the ISS is doomed anyway?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I apologize, SETI is a radio telescope.

Thanks for the correction

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

You could still be right though. Comets as well as asteroids are known to emit radio frequencies. SETI very well could've detected an object in space. Their telescopes are designed to listen for signs of intelligent life, but they've been known to detect other things as well. In fact, that's what they generally hear when they have a listen; frequencies emitting from big rocks, stars, chunks of ice, and planets.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This Thread already exists:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join