It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Scary Animatronics by John Nolan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
These incredible animatronic machines were made by John Nolan

s&f if u like

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Ahh one step closer to Skynet!

Makes me wonder when the world of Film special effects and prosthetic medical science will get together for a party??

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Jebus F%%%&*' Christ... Iron man, here we come!

Jamie.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Haha im not sure why but as cool as i thought that was. I was creeped out! lol
Ok 4:01 was what really got me
S&F

edit on 14-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

There's a lot of GCI in movies now, but somehow the CGI characters never look as real to me as the animatronic/puppet characters.

Maybe someday CGI will get realistic looking enough to replace animatronics, but from the movies I've seen, it's not quite there yet.

The video seems kind of disjointed to me but there are some cool examples in there.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Awesome stuff!

I really love the huge hand things. I want a pair of those.

I really really really hate CGI. Star wars for example. Yoda looked stupid as hell in the new Star Wars movies, he looked much better as a puppet. Same thing with all of the CGI changes with the old movies, like the sarlac pit monster, Jabba, etc. I will say again, I HATE CGI.

Call computer stuff an "art" if you want, but people who do this kind of thing are the REAL artists, in my opinion. CGI has it's place, but it's place isn't in 90% of everything we see in the movies.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Sure John Nolan is not japaneese.....?

Wow...a real artist who can make anything appear to be organic, if given the right parts and tools.

His work is probably a contribution to the robot future stuff like we see in todays movies.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
amazing,some of those things must have taken ages to research & put together,it's scary how realistic animatronics are getting,it's something i'd like to see back in films,not all this special effects stuff.

great thread s+f

new topics

top topics

join