It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Plume map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Ok, well the regular site i go to: transport.nilu.no...
"Doesn't exist" anymore
Does anyone have a website that shows an animated map of the radioactive plume

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Fukushima
last modified 2011-05-13 11:26

Thank you for your interest in the FLEXPART products for Fukushima. The Forecast system is no longer running.

We have discontinued our Flexpart forecast of the atmospheric dispersal of radionucleides from Fukushima. This due to the fact that we do not have access to reliable release rates reflecting the current situation at the plant to be used as input to our simulations. It is likely that the release of radioactive material is significantly reduced compared to the initial period, and that levels no longer pose a health risk at distance from the plant.

We thank you for your interest in our FLEXPART products.

Source

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Hi, please see my second post in the thread I recently started - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

Are there any other websites?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
What does that track?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

forecast for the radioactive plume from fukushima.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Here's the link posted in the thread I mentioned, in case you want to check it out. Hope you find it helpful - theintelhub.com...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

So far no. Lucky I was able to pull a few of those animated plume graphs from that site before it went down. Will have to post them later as they are on my GnackTrack 0S for obvious reasons.

Dutchsinse made a video talking about these plumes and now he just posted them onto his blog.....Must See

DutchSinse_Blog

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
:O
www.dutchsinse.com...
Thats alot. The EPA said they stopped because the levels weren't increasing.... people are believing them? thats #ing stupid!!!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
Ok, well the regular site i go to: transport.nilu.no...
"Doesn't exist" anymore
Does anyone have a website that shows an animated map of the radioactive plume

Check my thread here, you'll find it!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Here is a picture of what it looked like a couple days ago...

...judge for yourselves why these websites had taken this info down.

edit on 14-5-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Thats the last thing I saw.
Its been going up ever since it first reached North America.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

source

Update everyday!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'm not saying these aren't cool simulations - but they are computer *simulations* and are not based on actual measurements.

These simulations are particularly meaningless if the folks that are running them don't have accurate data (in terms of actual amounts of radioactive substances emitted to the atmosphere and at what elevation).

So, until TEPCO and/or the government of Japan provide accurate data, such simulations are particularly to be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying that there isn't anything to worry about and that plumes of radioactive materials aren't reaching various parts of the world. I'm just trying to clarify what these maps really are so that they can be interpreted appropriately.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAlive

Well, this is not really accurate, as the map I showed above is essentially based on measurements:

First measurements are now available from the CTBTO. The observed Cs-137 activity concentrations are in the order of 0.001 to 0.1 Bq/m3 (See graphics right, with permission of the Federal Office for Radiation Protection, Germany). Based on these observations a new estimation of the emission rate was done and the transport calculations were updated. A first comparison indicates identical arrival times of the radioactive cloud at the CTBTO stations. In the upper row right, an animation of the daily mean values in air together with the simulated detection at the CTBTO stations is displayed. A detailled verifikation of the calculations will follow. Deposition: The dry and wet deposition display the total accumulated deposition along the path of the plume. In the upper row, the temporal evolution of the deposition is shown.

source

The source from the monitoring stations is the CTBTO site

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

That only goes until may 3rd or 4th. Its now the 13th, that hasn't been updated in awhile

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

That only goes until may 3rd or 4th. Its now the 13th, that hasn't been updated in awhile

You're right, sorry, I haven't saw this:

The observational data of the CTBTO now show a clear decrease of the worldwide radioactive concentrations outside of Japan (see measurements at bottom right of this page). Therefore we now do not continue with the predictions for the northern hemisphere. We thank you for your lively interest in our work, for many questions and comments.

However, you still have the Last update from UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Air Monitoring Station

Results Log

5/12 (7:08pm): A milk sample with a Best By date of 5/16 was added to our Milk results. We have our second non-detection of I-131 in milk, and the levels of Cs-134 and Cs-137 continue to decline.

5/11 (9:25pm): Air results were updated with one measurement from 5/2-5/6. I-131, Cs-134, and Cs-137 were all detected, but they all continue to decline.

5/9 (10:30pm): Milk measurements are now updated with samples of milk up to a Best Buy Date of 5/9. We have the first non-detection of I-131, and Cs-137 and Cs-134 have both declined.

5/9 (9:40pm): Air measurements were updated with two recent measurements. Only I-131 and Cs-137 were detected in the most recent measurement, at levels that are about 100 to 1000 times lower than their peak measurements in March. Air sampling will continue at a frequency of about three days until we can no longer detect I-131 and Cs-137 in a practical amount of time.

edit on 14-5-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

hmm well two conflicting reports. Dutchsinse saying levels are going higher
Wonder which sources are the wrong ones

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

hmm well two conflicting reports. Dutchsinse saying levels are going higher
Wonder which sources are the wrong ones

Well, not necessarily, it depends if you consider the total amount of accumulated radioactivity or only the daily report.
As UC Berkeley said, the level are going lesser as days goes by, but, of course, the total deposition can only goes higher.

Is Dutchsinse sources can be checked to see if this is the accumulated deposition or not?
edit on 14-5-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join