It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds of Silence: Disclaimer: Depressing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Terms and Conditions: You will not mentally crucify me or others for our thoughts, our beliefs and our way of living in general.

Yep you guessed it, I just had to have my name as the hit Simon and Garfunkel song.

I'm 21 years of age, I'm Australian...Overly obsessive.

There's not much I can say that will impact all of you, my life at the moment is caught up in the moral cross hairs of greed, selfishness and most debilitating of all...Self Pity. I hate to call myself selfish as I don't know how to go about my daily life without asserting myself to my many different mindsets that I layer upon thyself like winter garments when I get out of bed each morning.

I have a "do to others what you would have them do to you" type approach to life as I'm sure most of you have as well...to an extent. One thing I treasure most of all are my thoughts as they are mine and mine to share as I please and this is merely a portion of what is actually swirling around in my head at any one time, you may jump to your assumptions...your conclusions...but at the end of the day I am me, I've immersed myself in many different situations throughout my life and can clearly see the moral decay that is spreading throughout our society's.

If only I could moderate my own life, but I can only do it to an extent, filtering out the hecklers, the belittler's and the scavengers that pick at some of the best qualities in life you and I could ever have. I have a conscience that eats at me day after day for some of the littlest things I've ever done in my life that people in life just brush off there shoulders like dandruff. I hate that I have to voice my thoughts on here because this is the only voice I can muster at this point in time, my heart races because of the uncertainty of how people will judge me...even on here.

If my thought processes are like this at my age, how am I going to be able to live with myself let alone others. I can't get opinions across verbally as they seem to be undecipherable to others, or they just don't take any notice of me...or I am borderline psychotic which I am slowly factoring in. The outside is only a visard as to what's on the inside...

I am here to get noticed, to make a difference to not only the way I feel, but how others act towards me...towards others, it's not hard to change...it just takes time. I am not a moral or ethical dictator, you all choose the path you take on...life's journey...you just don't understand what something you say to someone else can do to there self worth.

Peace,

SoS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a project that is still in the making, I hope one day it benefits...EVERYONE!

I am going to keep adding more and more each day, each week, each month and each year...
edit on 14-5-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Hey! Welcome, are you related to the sound of one hand clapping?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

Hi Sounds_of_Silence, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

Logically, we are related to everything, it's just how you choose to comprehend such an outlook. It's nice to see this thread being kicked off with humor...welcome...to my thread, humor goes both ways...and so does respect.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hello darkness, my old friend ...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

The problem is not other people judging you. The problem is you judging you. Personally I won't think twice about posting something that will piss off 90% of the ATS populous because I've judged myself to be saying something I believe is true.

You posted a contradiction... you said in general you live by "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" but at the same time you say you are greedy. What you meant to say is sometimes you live by golden rule and sometimes you don't. If you are greedy then embrace your greed and be proud of your greed. If you are evil then embrace your evil and be proud of your evil. The point is, you are who you are, and there is no benefit for you to suppress your own thoughts. If you are something between good and evil as it sounds like from your posting, then "it is what it is".

Sometimes people who are worried about being judged have basically allowed fleeting words and thoughts destroy them and control them... and that makes no sense. Find out what you want out of life, without worrying about what other people want from you. Be a best friend to yourself.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boredsilly

Your on the ball, they've written some of the nicest flowing(I think) music since the beginning of time, whenever that is...the question is, does time still exist if it never existed because you don't know if any time had ever existed? and for time to actually play a part in anything did another form of time exist before this time existed if we are indeed alive? I'm confused.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Every ones right, you must love your self so you can love others, you must stop judging your self and become a more positive thinker. I know its very hard to do that on this planet earth, the higher dimensions are much more accepting and loving. But we were sent to earth so that we can experience strong emotions, feelings, and learn how to be positive in such a dark and negative world. Our souls chose to come here to suffer to experience it. Every thing happens for a reason, you just got to find the signs in life to make it a smoother journey. There are more and more positive people in the world who want to help and care for others, walk with them in there path, stay away from the ones who have much lessons to learn yet. Learn to help others and it will come back your way and life will be much more better. I was in the most negative, dark, environment that most people would have shot themselves but i refused to lose so i became more positive and helped anyone i could and it makes me feel good. And here i am today so happy and positive, many people compliment on how nice i am and how im always smiling. I hope this post helps many, i send love energy to everyone.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown32

"Every ones right, you must love your self" my heart dropped as soon as I saw that ...to quick to judge
I thought you meant it in a negative way, but then I read ahead and was soon put to ease(there is light at the end of the tunnel). Cheers mate.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Welcome, I'm new as well. Sounds like we have quite a bit in common.

top topics

join