It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I would like to share a story. A true story. Something that has impacted my life a great deal, and to this day still doesn't have any real answers.

Let me start by saying that everything written here is absolutely real. If you have nothing better to do than to call this a hoax then don't even bother leaving a reply. Constructive comments only please.

I would also like to say that although I have my own theories about what happened to me I won't be including them in the story, as I would like unbiased answers from you good people.

This happened to me about five years ago when I was 19.

I had just come home from an extra long day of work, about 11 hours and got home close to 9:30pm that evening. Normally I wouldn't be able to remember such mundane details, but everything that happened from the time I got home that night I will never in my life forget.

At this time I was still living with my father and younger brother. As I pulled up into the driveway I noticed that no one was home. This wasn't all that unusual as it was Friday night. I went inside and grabbed a beer out of the twelve pack in the fridge and took it outside with me to the side porch area and proceeded to light up a cigarette. I was still under age at the time but getting alcohol was never a problem.

The side porch was always really dark at night. The porch light had never worked as long as we lived there. The socket was rusted and the wiring was probably bad also. We kept a flashlight sitting on top of the dryer in case we needed it.

The area our house was in was a little bit unusual. We were situated on a street called Smith Avenue. Houses lined up side by side all the way down, but behind these houses were woods. Thin in some areas but directly behind our house the woods were pretty dense. The lot next to us was vacant and yet to be cleared as it sloped downwards and was a flooding hazard.

So there I was sitting there and relaxing, trying to shake off the day.

As I sat there I began to hear something in the woods. It was probably about 100 feet out when I first took notice. Right away I could tell by the sound it was making that it was pretty big. Atleast human size if not bigger. My first thought was a deer, but it was making entirely too much noise to be a deer. It sounded very clumsy, every footstep came with a loud crunching of dried leaves or a popping twig.

As it got closer it began moving faster, it was at this point I started to get alarmed. My first instinct was to grab the flashlight and shine it into the woods. As I did so the noise stopped very abruptly like I surprised it. I couldn't see anything, the woods were too thick.

I waited, and I listened. No sound, no movement, nothing.

I turned the flashlight back off and just as I was about to put it back I heard it again.

It was close, and moving fast. I quickly turned the flashlight back on and once again the movement stopped. I scanned the woods once again but there was nothing.

At this point I was beginning to get scared. I'm not the type who gets scared easily and yet something in me was telling me I needed to get away and fast.

There was that other part of me though. The curious part. I wanted to see what was out there. I don't know why I didn't just go inside and lock the door. I don't know why I stayed out there, but I did.

I decided I would turn the flashlight off again to see what would happen.

This is where things got weird.

The moment I turned it off I could hear whatever was in the woods take off in a full on sprint. Before I could react I heard the strangest noise I've ever heard in my life. The best way I know to describe is it sounded like a hollow metallic "thunk". Only, the sound came from within my own head, and not only did I hear it but I also felt it. Almost like a mild shockwave inside my skull.

I remember standing there, completely frozen. I was scared out of my mind and yet it was like I was paralyzed. I wanted to run away so badly, but the strange thing is I never even tried. Next thing I know my vision is starting to get dark like I was about to pass out but I could see it happening. It was like looking through the center of a cylinder that was slowly closing inwards.

I stood frozen there for what seemed like about 10 seconds.

As I started to regain clarity I could hear something dash off into the woods in the opposite direction. I could hear dogs barking all over the neighborhood. It sounded like every dog within a mile was going nuts.

The second that I was able I ran into the house and locked the door behind me.

My whole body was shaking uncontrollably. I was practically gasping for air.

I ran to my bedroom and got into bed and threw the covers over my head. Why I did this I have no idea. I was healthy and strong willed, but whatever happened to me reduced me to a scared little boy. It was more than just fear, I felt completely traumatized but I didn't really know why. I just knew that I was.

I laid in bed for several minutes trying to compose myself. Replaying what had just happened again and again in my head, just trying to make some kind of sense out of it. A couple more minutes went by and I finally began to calm down a bit.

I sat up and let my feet touch the floor.

I was exhausted. It was then that I looked at the clock radio.

It was 1:30am.

I remember just staring at the clock for the longest time. It didn't make any sense. How could it be so late?

What's even stranger is that despite all that had happened, and all the questions that were racing through my mind at the time, all I wanted to do was sleep and that's exactly what I did.

The next day I felt completely fine. By no means had I forgotten any of what happened to me the night before, but physically I felt okay.

It wasn't until a couple of weeks later that things began changing for me.

I began drinking very heavily. Normally I would have a beer after a hard days work or a few drinks over the weekend with friends but my drinking began to get very bad.

Next to go was my job. Not because of my drinking mind you. I had a good job for a 19 year old. I was the lot manager at a Ford dealership. The money wasn't fantastic but not too shabby for my age.

To this day I still don't know why I quit that job. I loved it. I just one day decided to up and quit.

I began isolating myself more and more from my friends and family. I also began to develop a severe social anxiety. I no longer felt comfortable being around groups of people or people I didn't know.

Basically it just goes on like this in a downward spiral. All these things I attribute directly to what happened to me that night. I still don't have the answers I would like. And even to this day, telling this story sends cold chills down my spine.

Whatever happened, it changed me forever.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Possession? An invisible alien? The missing time is really fascinating. Maybe you experienced an abduction. Maybe it would be beneficial to undergo hypnosis or something to try and recall more information.

Great story btw.
edit on 14/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
creepy story

i can't imagine anything "paranormal" (bigfoot / aliens) making such a clumsy racket in the woods.

unless, (as i think about it for a second) they say some aliens feed off of fear, so if you were scared, that may have played part in an abduction.

maybe you had a small seizure or episode of some sort, triggered by exhaustion or stress.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaydee055
I remember standing there, completely frozen. I was scared out of my mind and yet it was like I was paralyzed. I wanted to run away so badly, but the strange thing is I never even tried. Next thing I know my vision is starting to get dark like I was about to pass out but I could see it happening. It was like looking through the center of a cylinder that was slowly closing inwards.

Strange. I dont know what to make of what the thing might have been, so I'll mention something else instead.

Altered visual function
Moderate hypoxia causes narrowing of the visual fields,
resulting in tunnel vision This is the "tunnel experience"
reported by those reporting near death experiences.

Consciousness is retained
Indeed, because people say they have tunnel vision, or only see
blackness at this level of hypoxia means that people usually
retain consciousness at higher levels of severe hypoxia.
This has some unusual effects - effects that can be termed
"apparent unconsciousness", because people are conscious
but paralyzed. In this situation people appear unconscious,
simply because they do not, and cannot move.
Malfunction of the supplementary and primary motor cortex
means that people are conscious but paralyzed, and
cannot move, even when they try

Hypoxia

You nearly died.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Wow.

What a spine tingling story.

I would seriously go with AdamsMurmur's suggestion of looking into getting hypnosis done. You really need to find out what happened that night and somehow come to terms with it once you do.

You're young and you can't let this effect how you function for the rest of your life.

It's time to get some answers. It's obviously not going away on its own.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Really interesting story, must have been scary.

The only logical thing that comes to mind is panic anxiety (I hope this is the right english word for it). Had something similiar happening to me, hearing weird sounds in my head, scared, lost perception of time. And after this experience I for some time had social phobia(?) and began drinking more heavily for a period of time..

Maybe that was just me trying to find an easy answer at that time, maybe it was an abduction. maybe it was me makin my first jump to a parallel dimension, maybe just panic. Who knows for sure? All I know is that more weird stuff has happened since then, and I find them interesting

Thanks for sharing your experience and I hope you're feelin fine!
edit on 14-5-2011 by Azmodan85 because: spelling..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Just let them know that youre not going to take any s*it, there are many ways to improve your mental defenses - as long as your mind is protected, they cannot warp into your time/space environment.
edit on 15-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
My dear it does sound like you my have experienced an interaction with an alien. Here is a video giving an example of what they can do when threatened. They can be quite loud. And they can paralyze you and give you missing time. This young man is in Australia and has had 10 encounters now with this alien in his backyard. I believe he is 100% legit. You can see his other videos if you go to his youtube account.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
How fast were you breathing at the time?

Breathing too fast can also cause similar things, even lead to an anxiety crisis of sorts, where you get paralyzed and start to feel like youre about to lose conscience due to the intoxication of oxygen, you also feel a lot of fear, as you said you were feeling.

Not just any fear, it truly is panic.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
it is amazing.

new topics

top topics

join