It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where can I find her?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I am 26 years old, just got outta the service last year and finally got my life back around. I have been looking for someone to settle down with but it just isn't happening. I met one girl awhile back and that didn't go to well, she was an adult film actress. I should have known that wouldn't work out. I dated a few other girls one was a waitress the other a nurse. I dated an older woman as well. They all failed. I don't drink anymore I don't party hardly ever, so what am I doing wrong? I can find the whole one nighter ordeal but I cant seem to find anything long term. Are most women now not wanting the whole relationship thing? I am going to Prague in a few weeks on vacation with a few friends. Anyone been to Prague? Maybe I can meet someone there. Any advice is appreciated. Gazrock...help lol.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Meet someone at a respectable community organization, hobby organization or church. Churches have single clubs now.

You can't just pick someone up off the streets while you are vacationing or in a bar. You need to find someone who is decent and your odds are slim if you don't do it right.

You are young and not in a hurry. Calm down and let it be. Set a goal of ten years. You need an intellegent, moral and honorable person to marry and make babies with. Otherwise you will find out what misery is.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
As a single person myself, I cannot claim to know any of the right answers, but I do have one thing to say.

Stop looking. If you begin a relationship, already having it in mind, that maybe this one is 'the one,' chances are the relationship will fail. Coming on too strong, and too soon, can push some away. Also, that frame of mind might cause you to make commitments, before your heart is actually ready to, and it could possibly turn something that should be a short term experience, into a long term ordeal.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Settling down at 26??

Don't rush it man take advantage of your 20s! You've got decades ahead of you for bickering, nagging, child-rearing, etc. etc.

Marriage and love can be beautiful things but you only get one shot at being young and free, enjoy it!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I get what your saying. I guess when I was over seas all my friends were in contact with their loved ones, I didn't have that. I had a girlfriend but when I came back it was a disaster. Partially my fault of course. Im not horrible looking but I seem to attract the one nighter crowd. My dream is to have kids. I want to be a dad and have a family but I am scared if I wait ill miss it. If that makes sense.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think the key is to find an Asian woman.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Maybe she isnt old enough yet, lol, seriously! My husbsnd will be 38? In june. I heart him to peices!... Im 29. Patience my friend, and enjoy the ride
and wear a condom! Baby mammas complicate things. But dont make them impossible. And likewise, she may be a mom already.
Basic. If you think "i love this person so much!" Equsls nada. If you think "thrre is noone else!", thats the real deal

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I heard Japanese women were amazing loyal wives.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by showintail

That's how I want to feel. I am having no luck. I didn't know churches had singles groups?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I been through a few relationships. My husband accepts my oldest as his. We met at tech school. When your not looking, it finds you! Take this ad a mother of 3 by 19, gave kids up for adoption, and had four more, living happy ever after.

She may not seem like she is "her" at first. My point wad, dont judge her by her oast. She could be very loyal, even if a one nighter

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by showintail

Ya I see what your saying. Im impatient. Im scared if I wait, it wont happen.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
I am 26 years old, just got outta the service last year and finally got my life back around. I have been looking for someone to settle down with but it just isn't happening. I met one girl awhile back and that didn't go to well, she was an adult film actress. I should have known that wouldn't work out. I dated a few other girls one was a waitress the other a nurse. I dated an older woman as well. They all failed. I don't drink anymore I don't party hardly ever, so what am I doing wrong? I can find the whole one nighter ordeal but I cant seem to find anything long term. Are most women now not wanting the whole relationship thing? I am going to Prague in a few weeks on vacation with a few friends. Anyone been to Prague? Maybe I can meet someone there. Any advice is appreciated. Gazrock...help lol.

Cool your jets, and be CAREFUL! Times have changed and marrying the wrong woman could either get you killed(by her or the police), left homeless or be forced into slavery/peonage by the courts.

news.mensactivism.org...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Try praying for the right wife to be brought to you. If that does not work for you, do things in the community that are about real things (help feed people, change govt for the good, help build houses, volunteer to help the homeless, etc). At these types of events you will find people that are more 'real' and more aligned to what I perceive are your values. I wish you well.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by annecares1

Thank you, ya I will definitely need to try that.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Take it from someone that knowa you will not find any marriage material in Prague just hookers and robbers the place is a #tip.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Lol I have just never been and we are taking a trip so I didn't know what the women would be like. You just blew it.
lol

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by annecares1
do things in the community that are about real things (help feed people, change govt for the good, help build houses, volunteer to help the homeless, etc). At these types of events you will find people that are more 'real' and more aligned to what I perceive are your values. I wish you well.

I agree with what you are saying here, but giving this as advice, causes the statement to contradict itself. If he goes out and does any of this, with the main goal being to find a soul-mate, then he is not being 'real' at all.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Dear LoverBoy

How supremely lucky you are.

If you lack companionship buy a scorpion they are less dangerous.

Relish in the one night stands and never take her back to your place or tell her where you live. Take her somewhere noisy then will not have to speak to her much.

When in Prague enjoy yourself but what ever you find leave it there and again lie about where you live.

This may not make a lot of sense now and I am certain you will not follow the advice, just keep it and have a look at it in 30 years and see if you disagree then.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I get the scorpion analogy. I understand from a few here that Prague is no place to find a companion. The rest is a blur.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Dear LoverBoy

Sorry I really do not do analogy’s I was serious about that.

Also seriously stop looking you will never find what you are looking for by looking at all.

If and it is a real big if you find the woman that you can happily grow old with it will be when and where you very least expect it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join