It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Someone Please Explain to Me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Exactly why we started calling globalists "elites"? Not just 'elites' but 'Elites'. Anyone else find that odd? Everytime you do it, you give them that power. Look up the word in the dictionary, is 'elite' really something we want to call them? Can you not see the smirks on their faces everytime they're referred to as the all powerful "Elite"?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

I must admit I have a giggle as well! But at a guess the theory is that the conspiracy theorists think that the people described think of themselves as that way!

Anyway yes funny! lol!
edit on 14-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99
Exactly why we started calling globalists "elites"? Not just 'elites' but 'Elites'. Anyone else find that odd? Everytime you do it, you give them that power. Look up the word in the dictionary, is 'elite' really something we want to call them? Can you not see the smirks on their faces everytime they're referred to as the all powerful "Elite"?

I agree but that's the easiest way to decribe them because now they have become the Elites. I'm sure they smirk because they've made themselves the Elites not us. And I don't think the MSM calls them The Elites so it's mainly us on these types of sites calling them Elites because we KNOW what they are now: All Powerful. It's sad I know but that's how it is these days. Times are tough in every aspect of people's lives.

Jeremiah

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I guess you could call them Rats too, and people would still understand who you're talking about, which is pretty funny. Some how... elite and rat are synonymous.

I believe it's just how they refer to themselves. When people refer to them as the Elite, it's usually said like the "elite". We're quoting them but being condescending at the same time.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Well as far as their wealth and global influence, they literally are the elite, according to the definition of the word.

e·lite   
[ih-leet, ey-leet] Show IPA
–noun
( often used with a plural verb ) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.
( used with a plural verb ) persons of the highest class: Only the elite were there.
a group of persons exercising the major share of authority or influence within a larger group: the power elite of a major political party.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Mayhap because that is how they 'Act' and parade around believing they are untouchable..

though i do get what you are saying, but giving them 'Power' by referring to them as that want to be thought of

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeremiah8401
it's mainly us on these types of sites calling them Elites because we KNOW what they are now: All Powerful. It's sad I know but that's how it is these days. Times are tough in every aspect of people's lives.

Jeremiah

NO we do NOT 'know'. Right there again you're giving them that power. They are not all powerful, but you can make them all powerful. Power is an illusion, because it is given not taken. There are hundreds of millions of conspiracy theorists, how many globalists do you think there are? But because none of us actually ever does anything about it, we keep perpetuating it. Honestly, sometimes I think conspiracy theorists are worse than everyone else. They don't know anything, so they don't do anything. We know alot, but still do nothing.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Big star and flag.

There are plenty of other examples of cases where people fall into the trap of calling people names that give those people a power over them even where one did not exist to the extent they imagine it.

Certainly I believe there are money hungry people in this world who have disregard for those lower than they are, but then there are people here on this site and elsewhere who inflate the roles of these people to such levels that it really becomes a joke.

Another term I really cannot stand is "TPTB." Why? Ask people to name "TPTB" ...on the stop, ask them. See the look of confusion that results. They have no clue who they are referring to. They just toss the word around so they can blame all their problems on someone else.

It's like arguing over god! "Who or what is god precisely?" Ask people. See the resulting blank stare. They don't know, they just use the word to justify certain feelings they have!

I got a purple elephant who needs some money to be sent to me so I can send it to him! If he gets enough, he'll come down and save the world! I'll tell you all where to send the money in a few weeks! In the mean time, gather all the cash you can so you can be saved! If you don't contribute, when the purple elephant comes down, he will kill you for your selfishness!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

The only people I have ever called elites are those in Spec-Ops, and the those who are the best of the best in their respective sports. But these are folk who have put their all (mind, body & Soul) into being the best at what they do, realizing that it is only for a short time. These elites realize that their downfall is always age or injury.

As for the wealthy, well they’re rich and it really depends on how you treat them. I know snobs and philanthropists. I have had the pleasure and displeasure to know many wealthy folk, also the same goes for middle class and poverty stricken. Treat them as a individual and you may be surprised that they are human too.

The snobs though, yea, I agree with you. RATS

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

Big star and flag.

There are plenty of other examples of cases where people fall into the trap of calling people names that give those people a power over them even where one did not exist to the extent they imagine it.

Certainly I believe there are money hungry people in this world who have disregard for those lower than they are, but then there are people here on this site and elsewhere who inflate the roles of these people to such levels that it really becomes a joke.

Another term I really cannot stand is "TPTB." Why? Ask people to name "TPTB" ...on the stop, ask them. See the look of confusion that results. They have no clue who they are referring to. They just toss the word around so they can blame all their problems on someone else.

If someone were to ask me who the "global elite" were I'd tell them "anyone who attends Bilderberg meetings"

There are probably many thousands who may be considered "elite" globally, but that's an easy litmus test in my opinion and you'd at least be able to include some of the most infamous

edit on 14-5-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

i prefer not to refer to the Psychophathic/Bizarro subset of humanity as the elite or the powers that be [tptb], so i call 'em

TCOTBIP=The Custodians Of The Black Iron Prison

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I used to refer to them as Elites, but like you, I thought that sounded too "nice" somehow. I refer to them as TPTB sometimes..
Being a Halo fan, I can't equate them to the elites in the game so I refer to them as the Covenant. Haha..makes sense in my nerd family, anyway.

top topics

join