It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Punk Band Black Flag Road Documentary 'Reality 86'd'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
David Markey's 1991 documentary depicting the last tour of the seminal punk rock band Black Flag has been released for free.

"Reality 86'd" A film by David Markey (c) 1991 We Got Power Films. (TRT 01:01:51) A road documentary shot from the inside of the last Black Flag tour ever (the 1986 "In My Head" US tour.)

Greg Ginn along with Henry Rollins, Cel Revulta, and Anthony Martinez comprise the final line up of the band. Featuring behind the scenes proceedings and live performances from Black Flag, Painted Willie, and Gone (Ginn's side project, then featuring Sim Cain and Andrew Weiss (later of the Rollins Band) .

Filmmaker / musician David Markey was along for the entire trip as the drummer / singer for Painted Willie (with Phil Newman & Vic Makauskas), documenting the six month tour as it happened. Also features roadie Joe ("Planet Joe") Cole, soundmen Davo Claasen and Dave "Ratman" Levine, and the tour manager who kept it all together, Mitch Bury.

A crucial turning point in American underground rock. The end of the line for a trail blazing American band.

I loved this band as a teenager and young adult and I was so happy to see this finally posted so that eveyone can see it. Get yer' Doc Martins on!

Source and Film:vimeo.com...

Enjoy.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I saw Black Flag more than a few times back in the early 80's. A great band with so much energy and so much energy in the crowd, and in the whole punk scene. Thanks for posting this, can't wait to watch.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
cool #. i was into them as a younger kid along with alot of goverment issue and minor threat then got into the UK hardcore stuff and into more extream stuff but BF def along with the misfits negative approach and other are still a favorite!!!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
cool #. i was into them as a younger kid along with alot of goverment issue and minor threat then got into the UK hardcore stuff and into more extream stuff but BF def along with the misfits negative approach and other are still a favorite!!!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I hate to say it but tell now I never heard Black Flag. I remember seeing there adds in hit parader and circus magazines when I was around 14 lol. Henry Rollins is awesome and I have a cd of his Rollins Band
www.youtube.com...=98
henryrollins.com...
Thanks OP I always wanted to listen to Black Flag when I was younger.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hell Yeah!
Black Flag is one of my favorite bands, I was big time in the scene in the 80's. Punk rock changed my life, and helped define who I am as a person to this day. I might be old and married and have kids but I'm still a rebel and a punker at heart and always will be.
Speaking of Black Flag the original singer, Keith Morris, who was also in the Circle Jerks has a new band called "OFF!" and they rock, check it out:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

That was really good. Great to hear his voice again.

1 minute. 1 second.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Why not...

edit on 14-5-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I know, I love it, 1 minute one second, just like the old days.
Here's my favorite Black Flag song with Hank, off "Damaged".

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Ouch....memories.
Flag was so intense, I think 86 was the last time I saw them right after My War came out.
This kid I knew kept spitting on Rollins like that was a cool idea.
Henry didn't think so and chased him outside and busted his lip.
Cutter, that's you buddy!
God, I miss the energy of the scene,
More fun than I'll ever have again, I know that much

I still can't believe Rollins has some mainstream acceptance.
Where the hell is Jello Biafra these days?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Good question, Brother...

www.jellobiafra.org...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i was a wee babe in the 80's but i love watching old vids of punk shows from the 80's and early 90's its not like it use to be that for shure!!!!! i saw vice squad in 99?? my freshmen year of high school along with the exploited,the vibrators, and alot of other aging punks and it was #in awsome. becky bondage told me i was cute. i was like 15 lol. i also saw the mifists with robo and dez from BF that was a good show too!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I was around back then too. Off topic , but what the hell. Still got my OxBlood Docs too!

edit on 16-5-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
jello is an asshole. and its no wonder that he got his ass beat by a bunch of crusty punx. i saw him do a spoken word and someone yelled out that 9/11 was an inside job and he got all up in arms bout that stament. this is after his 20 min rant on ipods. LAME WASHED UP LOUD MOUTH

new topics

top topics

join