It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucky Royal Marine shot in head 4 times and survives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A VERY lucky British Royal Marine survived 4 rifle slugs to the head, stopped by his kevlar helmet...

I hope they gave him a new helmet... and probably new pants as well!

www.sky.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a horseshoe in the a$$ is standard equipment....

That is truly amazing...wounded or not, they need to send that guy home, hehe...

Kind of points to the kind of fire our boys are taking...that makes the (relatively) low casualties even more amazing....

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
must have been british with a head that hard....

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Awesome!!!!!!!! Once again, ALIEN TECHNOLOGY SAVES OUR LIVES:

"Scientists still do not know fully why Kevlar is so strong but believe it is because of its molecular composition."

Yeah, molecular composition we THINK. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the extraterrestrial drone employees of the Dulce Base know EXACTLY why Kevlar is so strong!

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I see?

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hey, remember this guy???? Read this article....

Mr Lucky was not so plucky
By JOHN KAY

THE �Stay Lucky� soldier pictured wearing a helmet riddled with bullet holes was playing a PRANK, The Sun can reveal.

Comical commando Eric Walderman and his comrades fooled Gulf War II newsmen by pretending he had escaped death by inches when he was shot at while fighting Iraqis.

In fact his Kevlar helmet was just lying on top of his pack when it was peppered by fellow Marines trying to hit an unexploded anti-tank weapon.

Eric, 28, then popped it on his head and posed for photographers travelling with 40 Commando before they took Umm Qasr in southern Iraq.

He gave no interview but he and his pals did nothing to stop journalists jumping to conclusions.

The picture was beamed round the world with the amazing story of his �miracle� escape.

Eric, of Fleetwood, Lancs, was hailed the luckiest man alive. And as a result of the publicity his son Danny, two, was invited to meet soccer wonderkid Wayne Rooney and his other Everton heroes.

The Marines came clean when The Sun sought an update on Eric for our Gulf War in pictures commemorative special.

A senior officer said: �I�m afraid the pressmen have been had. All commandos have a great sense of humour. Boys will be boys.

�It will go down in history as a great wheeze.�

Eric�s receptionist girlfriend Lindsey Robinson, 25, was among those who cheered his luck after the �firefight�. She said: �I can�t believe it.�

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Yeah that's SO funny, I just read the article on another newswebsite

He gave no interview but he and his pals did nothing to stop journalists jumping to conclusions.

top topics

join