It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC - Ron Paul To Chris Matthews:"Saying I'm For Property Rights Therefore I Am A Racist Is A Gi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

He doesn't need Faux News!

He's downright gullible on his own. The media just takes advantage of it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Too much government is a bad thing. Too much freedom is also a bad thing. Sadly, there is no happy medium.

Fortunately, there's not such a thing as too much involvement from people and society...
edit on 14-5-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Did you guys catch that part where that idiot said..
"The idea of total freedom doesnt seem to work.."

Wtf is that... It worked all the way up to 1913 or so.. thats basically when the country started going down hill..

Oh, the good ole days. Remember when a hard workin' man could buy himself a couple of slaves? Good times, good times. Back then you could beat your wife and children everyday. And hey, if you got fed up with married life you could just leave them to starve while you go and start a new life for yourslf. There was none of this child support crap back then. And, people are SUPPOSED to work hard in factories, like the women and children that worked 16 hour days to earn ALMOST enough to survive on in the 1800's.

I tell ya, if we get our total freedom back (like before 1913), the first thing I'm going to do is turn in the woman across the street from me. I KNOW she's a witch and deserves to die.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Too much government is a bad thing. Too much freedom is also a bad thing. Sadly, there is no happy medium.

Fortunately, there's not such a thing as too much involvement from people and society...
edit on 14-5-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

Perfect answer. Actually, it's the only answer. Government pulls one way, people have to fight to pull it back. People go too far, government must make corrections.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Man, RP was on it! Love that guy!
I hope nothing bad happens to him though... 78 yrs old. It would be difficult to prove, should he have an "accident" at that age.

The only thing that irks me about him Is that he looks a little like Marshall Applewhite.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Thanks for the laugh.. I needed it..

I am referring to what old people have told me in the past and when they thought this country went to hell..

People 70 80 and a couple 90 yr olds...

Besides you know what 1913 is right?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by jiggerj

And to add to your point, why would anyone want to discriminate? They'd most certainly lose money. What if it's a store run by a white person who just happens to get a large amount of muslim customers? If he puts up a sign that says "No Muslims", they're going to take their money elsewhere. If every white owner in that town does the same thing, then they take their dollars elsewhere.

Substitute "white" and "muslim" for any other race/ethnicity and hopefully, you'll be able to see my point.

I think some of the small government folks would be happy under anarchy. That is total freedom from any system of oppression, etc.

You are speaking rationally. Racism is not rational.

What I'm saying is, Chris Mathews and Ron Paul are both right and both wrong. We should have the right to do anything and everything we want...in a perfect world with perfectly sane people. But, in this world there is more ignorance than intelligence.

In a perfect world, people would have only two kids. But, in this world there are families with five children. So, you've just finished remodelling a nice three bedroom rental property when a rust-bucket of a chevy van pulls up. Mr. and Mrs. Birth Control Opponents are looking to rent. Their 5 children are named: Crayon On the Walls, Window Breaker, Pyro, Floor Scuffer, and Bathtub Overflower.

By today's law you can't refuse them simply because they have too many kids. Even if every landlord was a caring human being they would still think, "Well, big families have to live somewhere. Just...not...here."

So, shouldn't you have the right to refuse them? Shouldn't the family have the right to rent your apartment? Without SOME kind of government involvement, these people would be living in the van. There has to be a law.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to Besides you know what 1913 is right?
post by ThichHeaded

I'm gonna go with the ratification of the 16th amendment (yeah, just googled it, lol). That's too much government, dammit!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Oh, the good ole days. Remember when a hard workin' man could buy himself a couple of slaves? Good times, good times. Back then you could beat your wife and children everyday. And hey, if you got fed up with married life you could just leave them to starve while you go and start a new life for yourslf. There was none of this child support crap back then. And, people are SUPPOSED to work hard in factories, like the women and children that worked 16 hour days to earn ALMOST enough to survive on in the 1800's.

Wow, it seems as if you think that the darkside of globalism doesn't exist today, slavery still exists today my friend
People still beat their wives and kids
and children still work 16hrs a day, employed by american companies in China, philippines and other countries

welcome to reality, enjoy your stay

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I love your post. It's hilarious.

Common sense does suggest that not everyone will revert back to those ways.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

RP makes plain and simple sense every time. Chis was dying to get the headline "Ron Paul for legalizing Heroin!!!". But Paul owned the interview. He's on fire.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Wow, it seems as if you think that the darkside of globalism doesn't exist today, slavery still exists today my friend
People still beat their wives and kids
and children still work 16hrs a day, employed by american companies in China, philippines and other countries

welcome to reality, enjoy your stay

No, no. I was only repying to a post on what it was like before 1913. I am fully aware of the human atrocities of today's world. Just yesterday I watched a clip of two children decapitated. We humans are animals.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by jiggerj

I love your post. It's hilarious.

Common sense does suggest that not everyone will revert back to those ways.

Oh no, no, no. Common sense suggests that logic moves slowly, while ignorance and fear spreads like wildfire.

We clearly see things as polar opposites. I'm gonna write my congressman to see if the government can make a ruling on this.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This almost funny, everyone screaming that the government should do this or that, they can't just take away the laws what will we ever do? Ron Paul isn't saying that the laws shouldn't be there but that it is the State government not the federal government that should be the one to regulate such things. He is giving the power back to the local governments and getting the federal government back on the right track. We don't need somone in Washington D.C. deciding what we need in Sometown, USA. we need the local government to take care of local people. If one state passes a law that another finds it doesn't like or need then they don't have to ratify it or pass the same law. What may work in one part of the country may actually be detrimental to another. Let the local governments decide what is best, they are the ones that have the most to loose if they fail to to please the people of that region. So technically Ron Paul is restoring the power to the people.
end of rant.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nvprose1

so who can say the billion dollar a year industry of Big Pharma is not using that money to lobby, and use their influence to send their heads of special interest through the revolving door of the FDA...

I suggest you read History of pharmaceutical interests‎ and take a look at this Thread for some interesting info on Big Pharma. Your good health is NOT their main goal!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

Originally posted by Cuervo
When Chris Mathews mentioned that laundromat with the "whites only" sign on it... did you think that might have just been a sign talking about laundry?

When it comes to laundry, color separation is important.

That's exactly what I was thinking...I guess he never did much laundry of his own.

The red socks in with the jock shorts is always a classic... Especially trying to explain the pink Jocks to big Bubba at the gym

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Nice post! He owned that talking head. I noticed that Ron Paul is way more assertive now, and doesn't mind interupting when the idiot tries to twist his words and ideas around. That is a very good thing, that was one of the things that hurt him last time around.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Chris Mathews looks like a failed drag queen and sounds like a menopausal bull dyke.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I am praying so hard that this man gets the peoples vote! PLEASE PEOPLE WAKE UP and follow the real man with real change! Loved this video as it shows the true nature of one man trying the third time to get in and HELP and be for THE PEOPLE! Whooo hooo! VOTE FOR RON PAUL!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

No, no. I was only repying to a post on what it was like before 1913. I am fully aware of the human atrocities of today's world. Just yesterday I watched a clip of two children decapitated. We humans are animals.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join