It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Join the ATS dream project!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Mutual dreaming is a concept often discussed. Quite simply, it is multiple people experiencing the same dream. So here's my thought, why don't we test this out? We'll meet at a neutral location because places like the grocery store are subjective to everyone and could just be a mess. So, we'll meet at the Sphinx. It's commonly known, and the pyramids are said to have metaphysical properties.

If you see someone from ATS, tell them your username and something else. It should be something simple, but not too simple. "Hello" would be too simple. Something like "The cheeseburger is in the fridge." would be perfect. Basically, you want to say something that can be remembered easily, but not too easily to be commonplace. The purpose of this is to identify yourself and to exchange information, so we can verify the experience.

Now, I'm sure you're thinking "how will I remember this when I'm sleeping?" It could be something as simple as pondering this as you're going to sleep. If you have any luck, please post your experiences here...

Edit: Changed location to the sphinx. It stands out more than the pyramids.
edit on 13-5-2011 by mossme89 because: Changed location

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

i'll try this tonight, you should post a picture of the pyramids, a frontal shot where we should meet up close on the ground
edit on 13-5-2011 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Well since we are members of ATS; keywords will be Denying Ignorance? So, there is a universal pyramid in the dream world? or are you saying more like visulization to conscious o.b.e.?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Im in on this. However I think a better meeting place would be the Sphinx. It is something that stands out and is truly 100% unique.

Also we should try to do something in specific if this works, such as investigate what is under the Sphinx or pyramids whatever is decided. And I think this should be an ongoing thing, like a week or two to allow more of a focus on it instead of just one random night.
edit on 13-5-2011 by WhiteSpectralMirror because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is so cool! Count me in. Never even thought of trying something like this before, but given the weird dreams I've had the past few nights, I'm excited to give it a try!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

Well since we are members of ATS; keywords will be Denying Ignorance? So, there is a universal pyramid in the dream world? or are you saying more like visulization to conscious o.b.e.?

I think every keyword should be unique. Your unconscious could put that in there. I'm thinking more of saying something that is highly unlikely to be said by chance. For example, theoretically, if user1 dreams that someone told him "I like cheese", he could come on here and see that user2 posted that he said "I like cheese" to someone. See what I mean?

Originally posted by WhiteSpectralMirror
Im in on this. However I think a better meeting place would be the Sphinx. It is something that stands out and is truly 100% unique.

Also we should try to do something in specific if this works, such as investigate what is under the Sphinx or pyramids whatever is decided. And I think this should be an ongoing thing, like a week or two to allow more of a focus on it instead of just one random night.
edit on 13-5-2011 by WhiteSpectralMirror because: (no reason given)

Changed the location to the Sphinx. Great idea about trying to see what's under it! But I'll make another thread for that, if this works. I'm just thinking if we try to do too much at first, it might undermine the whole effort, you know what I mean? Better to be conservative and take things 1 step at a time...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I would love to participate in this experiment. I did this with my dad one time (he swears he astral projects every night) and he can control his dreams. So I put a note on top of my refrigerator for him to read (he is 6'6 so I figured that wouldn't be a problem). He didn't get it the first couple of nights, but on about day 4 he called and said that I have a note on top of the fridge that says "baby". The note actually said "Sugarbaby" (that's what I use to call him when I was very young, but I haven't called him that in at least 30 years). It blew my mind!! So a couple of nights later I had a "dream" that my dad was spending the night with my grandmother (which in all of my life has never happened) and all night he was busy, busy, busy. I mean he didn't sit down for 1 minute. I don't even remember what he was doing in the dream, he was just extremely busy. The next day I called him at around 2:00 in the afternoon and he was sleeping. I asked why in the world he would be sleeping so late and he told me that he had spent the night at my grandma's house because she was very sick, he said he had been up tending to her all night. I was completely speechless. I know for a fact that this can work. I will see you all tonight in front of the pyramid

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Actually, we changed the location to the sphinx, because it stands it out more. Just an FYI.
edit on 13-5-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I just saw that, we must have been posting at the same time. Thanks for letting me know though, I would hate to show up at the wrong location.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I also suggest you guys do some research on melatonin. It helps one fall asleep faster and in higher doses can cause more vivid dreams. And its non addictive and you cant take too much!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
sounds cool. I will give it a shot.
See you gals/guys tonight in your dreams..lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I also suggest you guys do some research on melatonin. It helps one fall asleep faster and in higher doses can cause more vivid dreams. And its non addictive and you cant take too much!

I've been taking that lately, 2 3mg caps. It does induce vivid dreams. I would suggest taking maybe 3 3mg caps. The time I took that, I had pretty vivid dreams. Can't remember them, but they were like fast vivid flashes, sort of incoherent. But I would suggest taking melatonin on a weekend. Nothing too bad, bur it does make you slightly drowsy and groggy the next morning.
edit on 13-5-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

I've been taking that lately, 2 300mg caps. It does induce vivid dreams. I would suggest taking maybe 3 300mg caps. The time I took that, I had pretty vivid dreams. Can't remember them, but they were like fast vivid flashes, sort of incoherent. But I would suggest taking melatonin on a weekend. Nothing too bad, bur it does make you slightly drowsy and groggy the next morning.

Wow I dont take that much. Most I ever had was 30mg, I usually take between 12-15mg and can notice a huge difference in dreams. Also when I take it I always feel completely refreshed and energized the next day.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm game,

If you see me tonight in your dream, I'll be the military man. If you meet me, you'll know.

See you at the Sphinx

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteSpectralMirror

Stupid me, I was thinking of another vitamin. It's really 3mg tablets. The night I had vivid dreams was when I took 9mg (3 tablets)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Great idea, count me in. I will say a distinct word.

Hope this works and don`t laugh at my PJ`s. lol

Rhain

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea. I've been having some very vivid dreams the past few months. I'm going out for a few beers tonight, so give me a shout if you see me stumbling round the desert lost

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hello all!!! Count me and my other half in.
Look for me wearing a red scarf. I will also be wearing a very special necklace a person bestowed on me today in a small ceremony ( nope it wasn't a marriage). Just describeing the necklace to me will be good enough. Thanks ---Well that is if it's ok with all. Don't want to step on toes.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
While I find this an intriguing idea, there was no mention of a time period for this. I mean, there are not only different time zones, but people don't all sleep at the same time. So in future experiments, I would advise setting a time that is then communicated into different time zones so others will know what time that is where they are. I would also advise doing different experiments in different parts of the world, since they are in radically different times than in North America.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join