It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would ETs NOT be visiting Earth now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by You2Two2AreSpecial

My question is, why do this? To see? To take pictures? What is the purpose of universal expansion?

Earth is just fine.

Because one day the Earth won't be fine, in 5 billion years (approx) the Sun will swallow our home world up and if we want the Human race to continue through the aeons, then our only hope is to traverse the Universe.

I think Humanities ultimate goal is to become a space-faring race.

ALS
edit on 13-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by descartes90

The more answers I seek, the more questions arise. lol

www.speed-light.info...

An observer outside gravitational fields measures the speed of light locally (in his location) at 299792.458 km/s but when he looks towards a black hole he sees the speed of light there to be as slow as a few meters/s. At the same time an observer freefalling into that black hole measures the speed of light locally (in his location) at 299792.458 km/s; when he looks towards the black hole he sees the speed of light there much slower; when he looks away from the black hole he sees the speed of light there much faster. When he looks towards outside gravitational fields he sees the speed of light there a zillion km/s. In 1915 (10 years after Special Relativity) Einstein developed another theory called General Relativity and according to this latest theory gravity causes the speed of light to become relative (variable depending on the reference frame of the observer)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well, one reason why THEY WOULD WANT TO visit us. Is that it would be our first contact.

We have never seen any other. So they would want to come to help.

Simple as that. I don't care what you have to say.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by You2Two2AreSpecial

My question is, why do this? To see? To take pictures? What is the purpose of universal expansion?

Earth is just fine.

Because one day the Earth won't be fine, in 5 billion years (approx) the Sun will swallow our home world up and if we want the Human race to continue through the aeons, then our only hope is to traverse the Universe.

I think Humanities ultimate goal is to become a space-faring race.

ALS
edit on 13-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Haha, well even today we have the technology to move our planet away from the sun using huge thrusters...(right? lol)

I mean, in a few years we will have the technology to move our planet xD

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Really folks...why are you so concerned about the speed of light anyhow?

Such interstellar space crafts won't be using turbo jets to get around, they will be simply moving at a reasonable speed while encased in a gravity well...
gravity slows, with a wide spectrum well, you basically create a void outside of time/space, then you can coast at 50mph towards your destination. When your in the well itself, time is slowed to almost nothing. pop out the other end and voila, you have transported as far as you want in seemingly no time at all. Time bending to go back in time so the whole trip appeared to take a few seconds (when technically you may have been drifting, out of our time/space, for a few billion years

pack a lunch

link   

What makes you think they're not already here? And if so, why they'd want to contact people like us? Maybe people in power and a select few others.

link   
Why visit a hostile planet full of psychos with nukes when the universe is full of the elements we have here on earth??? And life....lets not forget with the vastness of the universe its a mathematical certainty that we are not alone....so why visit us?? What can we offer them??

link   

A great little story I think you might like to read:

Their made out of meat

I've read it about 50 times!

ALS

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Such interstellar space crafts won't be using turbo jets to get around, they will be simply moving at a reasonable speed while encased in a gravity well...
gravity slows, with a wide spectrum well, you basically create a void outside of time/space, then you can coast at 50mph towards your destination. When your in the well itself, time is slowed to almost nothing. pop out the other end and voila, you have transported as far as you want in seemingly no time at all. Time bending to go back in time so the whole trip appeared to take a few seconds (when technically you may have been drifting, out of our time/space, for a few billion years

pack a lunch

I'm not concerned, I'm curious.

Isn't ATS the place to ask?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
so why visit us?? What can we offer them??

Dorito shelled tacos of course.

Not only would they come from different galaxys to taste it, chances are they would consider enslaving us to make more...we must be careful not to offer them one without significant defensive technology trade beforehand...we will have an entire universe to fend off once we do.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What have we to offer??

The world is full of psychos with arsenals of nukes, would you visit someone so hostile?

The universe contains everything here on earth...theres not an element here you will not find elsewhere in the universe....so if it were for minerals why visit an inhabited planet full of nutters??

The universe is teaming with life...its vastness guarantees this. So....why visit beings so hostile, greedy and vile??

If they did travel 100s of lightyears, how comes they need flashing lights, and manage to get spotted by us morons??

EDIT: I posted a shorter version above....i clicked reply and nothing happened...looked at the page and my post wasnt added, so made this one...now its there...crazy stupid computer!! sorry peeps

edit on 13-5-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by SaturnFX

pack a lunch

I'm not concerned, I'm curious.

Isn't ATS the place to ask?

Wasn't directed at anyone specific, but the subject matter itself.
making an engine to go faster than light is a futile attempt...and pointless. Gravity and electrogravitics is where its at in regards to long distance travel in a snap...yet for some reason we are always stuck on considering propulsion methods to get us from point A to B.

Follow Einstein's breadcrumbs..
The first automobile was created in 1769 in france. Its time we move past 250 year old technology concepts...propulsion engines are stone age crap...lets at least move up to the early 1900's concepts

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well, they might want 6.8 billion slaves...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
What have we to offer??

The world is full of psychos with arsenals of nukes, would you visit someone so hostile?

The universe contains everything here on earth...theres not an element here you will not find elsewhere in the universe....so if it were for minerals why visit an inhabited planet full of nutters??

The universe is teaming with life...its vastness guarantees this. So....why visit beings so hostile, greedy and vile??

I know of some people that purposefully go into an area where they are disrespected, the people they meet are ignorant, petty, cruel, very stupid, often smelly, and ultimately are ungreatful for anything offered to them..

Yet every single day, these teachers wake up and go teach the children anyhow

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well.... If i were traveling long distances for millions of years, I would freeze my body on a full stomach and then the trip would appear to take no time at all... Haw haw.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

You have a pretty dark view of Humanity, yes there are those of us who kill and maime, there are the elites who turn us against eachover with war and prejudice but my day to day life is filled with love and friendship.

I believe (maybe naively) that the human race is basically good, and that we have a lot to offer.

ALS

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

If you can imagine it, it exists... somewhere.. sometime...

If you can theorise there is a way around the speed of light, its brought into existence and as a result always existed.

But more on that theory next time I post

Funny thats the post that brought me out of lurking for 2 Years, howdie everyone

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well just a couple months ago, I was seeing a new sighting posted on yahoo from various areas in the USA like every other day. I know Arizona seems to be a hot spot, and Yakima WA gets a minimum of one sighting a day. Just have to know where to look I guess. ET is NOT our friend though so I wouldn't recommend jumping on the mother ship if you get the chance.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fatmandy

If you can imagine it, it exists... somewhere.. sometime...

If you can theorise there is a way around the speed of light, its brought into existence and as a result always existed.

But more on that theory next time I post

Funny thats the post that brought me out of lurking for 2 Years, howdie everyone

Hmm, I imagine a causation loop... But this does not mean it can happen.... Causation loops are not possible.

Interesting you think that if it happens, it has always happened. Have you completely abandoned the notion that perhaps we are writing destiny??????!!!??????

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm always replying to these types of threads, love the subject!
We are not being visited because the ETs are extinct,they were here but they aren't now
Anthony Sanchez mentions Greys found underground in New Mexico ,say they were left here to die by another race who are themslves dead.

this agrees with ancient Mesopotamian writings , I think they are gone ,I don't think they will be back

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join