It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Storm Today? Compass went Crazy with Pyramid Power. Stopped an Hour Later. 5/13/2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
youtu.be...

This afternoon, 5/13/2011, the tv started acting funny ... Loss of signal... clipping in and out, so I thought maybe there is a solar storm... so I grabbed my compass and it was off by 90 degrees. So i ran downstairs to grab my cell phone to check my compass with an android compass and my camera to film. I have been doing experiments with "Pyramid Power" during full moon cycles so I grabbed it as well.

I normally align my pyramid to true north with BOTH of these compasses. Something is going on.?!?!?

So I found a video about a comet smashing into the sun on May 9th and possible solar storms today 5/13... I did this video at 5:45-6:00pm Mountain time in Colorado.

I tried it again an hour later, when the tv was back to normal... and the compasses were not effected.... Strange
Comet hits sun
edit on 13-5-2011 by lecaro because: pasted the wrong video number fixed now.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ok.. I think that fixed the links... Sorry...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
From your thread title "solar storm today"... the answer is no.

spaceweather.com

In fact, if you do a google search for that phase, spaceweather is the very first link.

In fact, the title of your video "compass goes crazy from comet solar storm" is simply wrong, incorrect faulty misleading and deceptive in so many uncountabel ways.
Yeah, there was something going on for sure, but that wasnt it.

edit on 13-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Something magnetic is happening. I use those compasses and that pyramid every full moon to do test on seeds and cleaning silver. It is very affective at cleaning silver and we shall see on the seeds. Open your mind.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

spaceweather.com

In fact, if you do a google search for that phase, spaceweather is the very first link.

In fact, the title of your video "compass goes crazy from comet solar storm" is simply wrong, incorrect faulty misleading and deceptive in so many uncountabel ways.

The Huffington Post says a comet hit the sun.... thanks...www.huffingtonpost.com...://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/13/comet-hits-sun-nasa- video_n_861736.html

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lecaro
Something magnetic is happening. Open your mind.

Like I said, "something was happening for sure".

But there is no solar storm, the sungrazing comet a few days ago (or which HUNDREDS have been discovered) didnt cause one, which didnt happen, and even if it could (which it didnt) there isnt one.
But now, somebody a few years from now is going to stumble across your video on youtube and cite it as evidence that comets cause solar storms.

The cause of the magnetic anomaly in your house, is something else.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

spaceweather.com

Whoa Dude!

That something must have been you not getting a hug today.

At the risk of being hypocritical, couldn't you have just given the OP a simple suggestion on what your opinion of this something may have been instead of the words you choose?

Thanks for your findings OP. In my nicest assessment, Yes something is going on and feel free to call it whatever you please. If some kind, polite and informative ATS Member offers some advice of proper terminology, you can always edit your posts.

t

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lecaro
I normally align my pyramid to true north with BOTH of these compasses. Something is going on.?!?!?

I hate to inform ya but magnetic North is not "true" North.

The North magnetic pole drifts, it moves a minimum of about 10km per year.

The Pyramids are aligned to polar North, not magnetic North.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
In denver our declination is 9 degrees east. I made several videos but the android compass has my gps location and address listed on it. I opened my compass and it was totally wrong. So I went to grab my phone to see what direction it said north was. In denver, the mountains are always west. WE KNOW WHICH WAY IS WHICH here...We give directions in ways such as, "When you get to Colorado BLVD go North".. ect...
edit on 13-5-2011 by lecaro because: punctuation

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
That something must have been you not getting a hug today.

At the risk of being hypocritical, couldn't you have just given the OP a simple suggestion on what your opinion of this something may have been instead of the words you choose?

Yeah, came asross a bit harsh. Today isnt a relaxing day for other reasons.
But no, I dont know what it was. But the OP needs to "open his mind" to the thought that it isnt the first thing that he jumped to conclusions on. Its something else less obvious.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

edit on 13-5-2011 by Version100 because: misread his post, non sequitur response.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Actually, something DID go on today that I think would affect compasses. If anyone went to the magnetosphere simulation site today, around 6PM central, they would have seen the great distortion in the field.

Now it looks normal.

This is the magnetosphere around 5:47PM today. Very twisted and distorted / overlapping field lines...

magnetosphere earlier

This is the magnetosphere now. Back close to normal.

magnetosphere now

So OP I can see how the compass would be affected. And the naysayer....needs to look before at more information before jumping on the OP. North field lines crossed into South and vice-versa can indeed affect the compass, so its not his house or his head.

And BTW, a CME did pass the Earth earlier today, for the one that posts spaceweather.com links but doesn't read them...
edit on 13-5-2011 by lakesidepark because: my typing and my beer doesn't go together.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Perhaps this link will help folks understand that True North is not Magnetic North.
It explains how the Magnetic North/South Poles are migrating. (with visuals)

It is also interesting to note that the Mag. North is migrating at a much faster rate than the Mag South.

Also, as someone suggested above, spaceweather dot com is an excellent resource for tracking CMEs (Coronal Mass Ejections) which are the source/cause of the Solar storms we experience here on Earth.
To watch/monitor these storms in real time, I recommend this link

I hope this helps people understand the effects of the geo-sciences we experience here on this planet a bit better.

Peace
edit on 13-5-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lakesidepark
Actually, something DID go on today that I think would affect compasses. If anyone went to the magnetosphere simulation site today, around 6PM central, they would have seen the great distortion in the field.

Now it looks normal.

Actually you have it backwards. The "normal" configuration of a magnetic field is for the north pole to connect to the south pole. Like this:

But there really is no "normal" configuration of the magnetic field lines in space. The orientation they adopt is dependent upon the magnetic field carried by the solar wind. When the Bz component of the solar wind takes a south turn the lines of force are redirected into space through a phenomenon called magnetic reconnection. When it has a north turn, as it did in your first image, they get closer to where they "want" to be because that connection does not occur. I go into more detail about it in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was very little geomagnetic activity today. The magnetosphere was quite calm, certainly too calm for a hand compass to show any effect.

edit on 5/13/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It appears the simulation will not fully recreate and connect the field lines for the true shape of the magnetic field, except for the inner lines, and may not be intended to (at least I have never seen it in a true classic shape).

All I can say is that the months I have been monitoring it, the field is open during periods of no sun activity, and becomes severely crossed and skewed during CME or solar wind events.

Just my observations, thought it was notable that OP's remarks about compass errors coincided with the change in the field today.
edit on 13-5-2011 by lakesidepark because: Phage has educated me.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

Understand that the simulation draws the lines of force to great distances from Earth. The toroidal shape is always maintained close in to the planet.

If you watch, you'll see that the "open" appearance happens with the Bz component is southward. When it is northward it is, as you see it, "skewed". The stronger the field is in either orientation the stronger the effect. When the field is neutral the lines of force tend to just get pulled straight downstream with the solar wind.

We are actually far more likely to see geomagnetic storm activity with a south turn, when the Earth's field connects with the solar wind allowing solar particles to accumulated in the magnetosphere.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Bollocks! That pyramid is organite. It's some kind of fancy new age thing and it has a magnet in it. I'm not saying you're hoaxing on purpose. Just saying there might be a magnet in it and you don't know it. My mother bought one.

here's a pic I took of it just now.

imageshack.us...

edit:yes in fact there are four 'rare earth' button magnets at the top of that pyramid. My mothers pyramid has the magnet inside. She knows because it said it does at the description of the product before she bought it. I dare you to balance your droid on the top of that pyramid and leave it for one minute
(kidding. don't do it or you'll destroy your phone)

Orgone pyramids come in all shapes and sizes but usually have a magnet or magnets at the top, inside or out.
www.google.com...

by the way I do believe in pyramid power. I used to sleep under one in 1993 hanging on a string over my head where I sleep. Wickedest dreams ever. Won't do it anymore.
edit on 14-5-2011 by RicoInFlorida because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I understand that true north is not magnetic north, but I use a compass to align the pyramid to true north by going 9 degrees from magnetic north...

new topics

top topics

join