It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is not all equal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Man is not equal to his neighbor when he sees the world through pride. The need to be different is one of the driving forces of today's world. Whether your religious, political, spiritual, awakened, enlightened, etc, its all labels as to say we are different from others. I don't know much about who I am or who others are but I think its safe to say that no one is an adjective(ex: christian, dumb, ugly, democrat, etc).

In my opinion, no one is a christian, Jew, Muslim, democrat, republican, liberal, conservative, small, big, smart, dumb, rich, poor, cool, loser, etc...

We are all the same, who or what ever we may be

edit on 13-5-2011 by Ralphy because: addition

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
Man is not equal to his neighbor when he sees the world through pride. The need to be different is one of the driving forces of today's world. Whether your religious, political, spiritual, awakened, enlightened, etc, its all labels as to say we are different from others. I don't know much about who I am or who others are but I think its safe to say that no one is an adjective(ex: christian, dumb, ugly, democrat, etc).

In my opinion, no one is a christian, Jew, Muslim, democrat, republican, liberal, conservative, small, big, smart, dumb, rich, poor, cool, loser, etc...

We are undoubtedly singular. And because of this, we are equal.

You may not; can not; have anything that is unequal. That is not the nature of energy. However, it IS the nature of collection.

The universe is not collection; it is separation through togetherness(dual through singular) O_o let that one rattle your noggin.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy

Dear Ralphy,

Please define the same, we believe differantly, we feel differantly (your being happy does not mean that I happy at the same time). When I hurt, you do not hurt and vice versa. We are not all capable of the same thought or emotions (sociopaths have none that we have). We are all unique and valuable to the same degree because we are all sentient; but, we are not all the same. We are differant with similarities; but, there is variation and that is what allows us to find infinite possibilities and infinite possibility of joy. Be well.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think that equality is defined as a persons worth. Egoism always says to me that others are lower than me. Altruism does not judge another as higher or lower, but equally deserving of God's unmerited grace. The point is just this: we do not merit God's grace. We could never be equal to God by any standard to deserve anything beyond the results of our own ignorance, selfishness and pride. Despite our nature, God loves us enough to offer a way back up. We owe this back to others as a reflection of God's love to us. God offers to bring us up if we agree to what He offers from His own platform of altruism and bestowal.

The deeper meaning in all this is choice. We are all equal in God's eyes and we can never rise above this set mark of equality. God is no respecter of persons. No person can take this away from us except ourselves, by our own choices. God does not choose inequality for us, we do it to ourselves by stealing form life. Objectivism says that I can take more than I am from others. 'Take' is the definitive word in the last sentence. Taking steals from others to build a false sense of rising above others. This is a counterfeit sense of being higher than equality with others. This is pride. The worse pride of all is placing ones 'self' above God. This is judging God. Objectivism is judging others by a false standard. We cannot rise above another. We can only rise back to equality with others.

Altruism can only give to others, placing them back on equal ground. When we give, we show by our actions that we are at the high point of equality. Giving brings the lower individuals back up to equal ground where they belong. Equality is the higher ground where we all start. The lower ground is our choice to make, but does not reflect God's choice for us. We do it to our selves from a platform of pride against our starting point with God.

reply to post by Ralphy

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

But I am unique!

Wha? I am? You don't say?

Crap! Just like everyone else.

I don't care what you say, I am going outside to play

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Dear SuperiorEd,

Gosh darnit, you say some good stuff. Be well.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Man is equal in rights, not abilities, and therefore not in outcome.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Well it must be nice living in that bubble, dude, but certainly seems extremely wrong compared to what I see.

We aren't born equal, and we don't stay that way either.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
And yet the distinctions remain.

new topics

top topics

join