It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 6.2 - Near the East coast of Honshu, Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I think my earlier post was confusing, the second post has the earlier image and the later image.

I have been watching the magnetosphere and the USGS site together for months now and it does seem some correlation between the magnetic disturbance and an uptick in moderate and larger earthquake activity. I was actually surprised to see the amount of distortion this evening, as I knew the CME that was ejected earlier was going wide east of Earth.

But not surprised when I went to USGS and saw the Japan and Costa Rica quakes within the hour but I was looking for it.

I think there are others with more geological expertise that are looking at these things....and I travel too much already.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

Posting 2 pics as comparison doesn't explain how to read it. you could post me 100 pics and I still wouldn't know what it means. Instead of inward lines they now go outward....wow...and that means?
I can read wheater radar and earthquake data but this?
Take some time and try to explain please, I'm sure some other members will benefit from it.(maybe make a new thread?)

I see that thing getting trown around a lot on here and I think half of the people don't even know what they are talking about. Do you?

Thanks,
OnlyLove

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

haven't read the whole thread so i hope no one posted this. it seemed relevant to this thread

Earthquake Jolts Area Bordering on China and Russia Pyongyang, May 13 (KCNA) -- A magnitude of 6.1 earthquake jolted an area bordering on China and Russia on May 10. The epicenter was about 80 km from Hunchun City, Jilin Province, China.

EARTHQUACKQUACK

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It really isn't uncommon to get many aftershocks of many sizes after a huge earthquake. I didn't read any of the other replies to excuse me if I am missing something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join