It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 6.2 - Near the East coast of Honshu, Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 6.2

Date-TimeFriday, May 13, 2011 at 23:35:53 UTC
Saturday, May 14, 2011 at 08:35:53 AM at epicenter

Location 37.383°N, 141.405°E
Depth 37.6 km (23.4 miles)

Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances
57 km (35 miles) NE (52°) from Iwaki, Honshu, Japan
91 km (57 miles) ESE (115°) from Fukushima, Honshu, Japan
107 km (66 miles) SSE (154°) from Sendai, Honshu, Japan
241 km (150 miles) NE (37°) from TOKYO, Japan

Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 14.1 km (8.8 miles); depth +/- 7.4 km (4.6 miles)

Parameters NST=369, Nph=385, Dmin=300.6 km, Rmss=0.94 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=A

Source U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver

Event ID usc0003etn

Costa Rica had a 6.2 just an hour ago. Is this because of the alignments?.

edit on 13/5/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

Thread on costa Rica 6.2---www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 13/5/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hey OP, it says on Sky News BREAKING NEWS along the little ticker thing, 6.0 hits off West Coast of Costa Rica. Scary times we're living in.

Ahhh you beat me to it!!

And yeah I'd pretty much think these two are connected somehow.
edit on 13-5-2011 by R3N3G4D3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Boy oh boy oh boy . . . probably just a faint aftershock from the one in March . . . I pray that nothing bad has happened. Google Maps puts it just outside Fukushima . . . Pray for them.

maps.google.com...,141.4051(M6.2+-+Near+the+east+coast+of+Honshu,+Japan+-+2011+May+13+23:35:53+UTC)&t=h&z=7&iwloc=A

Peace,
SeraphNB

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Japan one isn't event showing on Irs Monitor:

www.iris.edu...

Coste Rica one is.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Now watching as we speak.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Why would you be worried? Do you live in Japan?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't trust them, because off this,,,

"At 9:46 PM Pacific Standard Time on March 10, an earthquake with preliminary magnitude 7.9 occurred near the east coast of Honshu, Japan . (Refer to the United States Geological Survey for official earthquake parameters.)"

Well guess what WRONG !

what is the final word on that,, 8.1 ? expotentially thats too big an opps.
And then too find out heyy its a 7 on their scale ,, ya the SHTH scale,,well it broke,,

7.9 right lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I've been waiting for the quakes to stir up today after I saw the magnetosphere simulation.

magnetosphere simulation

It seems as far as I have been watching (the last 4 months) there is definitely some correlation between sun activity, the magnetosphere distortion, and the occurence of earthquakes.

I looked at it this evening when I got home, and remarked to my wife about it. Sure enough, a lot more activity this evening.

Many others here have noted this correlation. FYI a CME did go past the Earth today but no geomagnetic effect...except for the distortion of the magnetic field.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Because I'm not heartless.

I'm worried for them.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lakesidepark
I've been waiting for the quakes to stir up today after I saw the magnetosphere simulation.

magnetosphere simulation

It seems as far as I have been watching (the last 4 months) there is definitely some correlation between sun activity, the magnetosphere distortion, and the occurence of earthquakes.

I looked at it this evening when I got home, and remarked to my wife about it. Sure enough, a lot more activity this evening.

Many others here have noted this correlation. FYI a CME did go past the Earth today but no geomagnetic effect...except for the distortion of the magnetic field.

Could you please explain how to read that?
I realy have no idea what to look for.

Thanks,
OnlyLove

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Someone mentioned earlier that HAARP was on at full power...do you guys think this is somewhat related?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

magnetosphere simulation

Seriously man and this is no joke,,, I know quite a few geologists who study earthquakes as it is my field and if you have some information you should pack up your car and head to there offices right away. This information you have has the potential to literally save millions of lives.

They study these relationships all the time, even using the latest technology to measure every type of effect you can imagine and still can't link anything together so I'd say you are almost obligated to share your information with them.

Send me a message and i'll put you in touch with the head of our geology dept. at my University who can direct you better where to go.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You all really need to reference you findings on this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

magnetosphere simulation

I have been trying to correlate solar flares and such for about as long,and it's been hit or miss
here is this weeks warnings from space weather.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/945272c458ae.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
You all really need to reference you findings on this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I personally rather read up on these quakes individually versus reading up on a mega-thread.

OP thanks for posting the last couple threads about Costa Rica and Japan. I would not have heard of them otherwise because I normally can't stand watching the news. I have been in some 5-6 magnitude quakes and they are a lot scarier when you are actually where they happen. I would imagine that a place like Costa Rica would have lots of older buildings that would be easily affected by a quake. No offense to Costa Rica though, I just meant that their standards would not be as good as California or Japan.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sorry,will just stay out of the way and let ya'll have your fun.
Nevermind....POOF

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Sorry man, I guess I came off as a bit rude there. I am normally not like that. I might have misunderstood the tone of your post I quoted. Either way, I am sure the OP would rather you stick around and share your opinion. I always welcome all perspectives. I didn't mean to chase you off.

Cheers.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I think that all these so called "aftershocks" are not actually aftershocks. I think at least some of them are new quakes, I know others here on ATS believe this too.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
So is that how it's gonna be; we just get hit hard in one spot till all just gives way? and poor Japan it's like building a castle out of a deck of cards and right as you get things going something just has to knock it down and make you start all over again...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am sorry I posted the live link, and within an hour it had went to normal.

Here is the link at 5:42PM today:

www2.nict.go.jp...

Normally the field lines stay north and south, and the wraparound lines are symmetrical, like this:

magnetosphere now

The difference is now better to understand. The image now is still not completely normal, but much better than earlier today.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join