It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good reason why advanced alien civilizations may not exist.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I was thinking about this idea the other day, about wheather there is advanced alien live out there anywhere in the universe, and by advanced i mean alot more technologically advanced than us humans, aliens that could perhaps visit earth because there technology is so great.
The fact that we humans have no hard evidence at all that there is proof of such advanced aliens got me thinking.

Maybe its impossible for a civilization to become this advance, if you take us humans for an example, its only been the past 100 years or so that our technology has really took a massive leap and where has this got us, well we have developed enough powerful weapons and chemical weapons that could wipe out the entire planet a number of times and put us right back to the stone age, where we would have to start all over again.

What im getting at is that it could be the same for other civilizations out in the universe they would develope to a certain point in technology where they would have the same powerful weapons that would wipe themselfs out, im sure they would have good and bad people aswell and probably fight wars on there own planet like us.
Once the wrong person, or a war starts using these very powerful weapons then bamm you've just blown your planet back to the stone age then the cycle repeats.
You could also consider large asteroids aswell (and any other mass extinction events) one hit then your back to stone age.

As for our own technology i cant see us getting much better than we our now with all the nukes and crap we've got we're bound to end up destroying ourselfs and if you look at our world today its pretty much going down hill in every respect.

I really hope this isnt the case as i would love it if we where being visited, that would be cool however i like to be realistic

Just an idea i wanted to throw out there to hear people views.

edit on 13-5-2011 by CharterZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Perhaps, technology is not the key to advanced civilizations, perhaps it is a matter of fully unlocking the secrets of the mind and utilizing ones full potential brain power, at that point, who knows what would be possible.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens think they're the only ones in the universe, and maybe they have a site like this, for which they post they're advanced idealogic ideas. Just because they don't visit us, doesn't mean they don't exist. They exist as long as we belive them to exist, until the day they land on the white house.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

The technology you see now is nothing compared to what they keep from you

I personally feel there are advanced civilizations out there somewhere. I also feel that just because we aren't mature as a species to handle this kind of technology doesn't mean another race cant. I also think that we are capable of many things with our minds but for whatever reason it is kept from us, but i believe some ancient civilizations and current groups know this and use these "powers" yet i dont see them as powers just long lost abilities.

I have had this feeling since I was little that Mars had a civilization a long time ago...long time. I have a theory that they destroyed themselves with war and weapons, much like the path we are on if we don't stop. I could be wrong but it's one of my Mars theories.

I know I have odd theories or thoughts and I dont know how to explain how I have come to this but that after everything i have read over the years it is just how I feel.

Also in regards to not having proof of alien life, if there was actual proof TPTB would definitely keep it from the masses. IMO it is crazy to think there isnt anything else out there in that huge place called space
IMO there is plenty of proof of alien life out there even in our past.

S&F for you

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
When I think of aliens I do not think of extraterrestrial, I think of multidimensional. What I mean by this is that if there is a being capable of traversing the Universe, then those beings have reached a higher dimension than we have. It doesn't matter how much technology we have, until the human race advances to the next level of consciousness, we will never be able to travel to distance galaxies.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yfactor1980
When I think of aliens I do not think of extraterrestrial, I think of multidimensional. What I mean by this is that if there is a being capable of traversing the Universe, then those beings have reached a higher dimension than we have. It doesn't matter how much technology we have, until the human race advances to the next level of consciousness, we will never be able to travel to distance galaxies.

I have seen people refer to aliens like this as well. I like to think both exist

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
www.space.com...

read this

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Surely to get to the point of unlocking the secrets of the mind would require alot of technology its self.

I mean its quite likey that other civilizations would evolve like we have, surely they wouldnt start off as intelligent beings

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I sometimes feel we are stuck in a cocoon, and that we need to figure something out by ourselves before they would approach us. Things like freedom, environment, and perhaps eating meat.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I also feel that just because we aren't mature as a species to handle this kind of technology doesn't mean another race cant

I would agree with you on that, altho good and evil should exisit everywhere and its the evil that can cause the problem.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Maybe some of these civilisations are more peaceful than our own. You should not always judge a book by your own cover..

kx

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yup evil can happen everywhere but then I go back and forth on that for some reason.

I like to think that higher beings have moved past the whole evil part and can live in peace.

There is so much you can speculate it will literally make your brain hurt!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I def think their are other advanced species in our universe. I would say that other parts of the universe established life before our own and who knows there could be life forms millions of years more advanced than our own. Like others said just because we are crazy and kill each other doesn't mean the same for other civilizations. I also believe in higher dimensions.

There is just so much we don't know or understand the best thing to do is keep your mind open to all information and only draw your own conclusions.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

What your talking about is knowledge and wisdom. I'm sure if there is an advanced alien civilization out there one could have adapted using wisdom before knowledge. they would question the idea of making such weapons even if they could knowing the results or where they could lead. they could be billions of years older then us and advanced slowly. they also could be under one planet rule so wars would seem usless

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkererJim

I sometimes feel we are stuck in a cocoon, and that we need to figure something out by ourselves before they would approach us. Things like freedom, environment, and perhaps eating meat.

It seems you have substituted aliens for god.

Your not the only one though. It seems a ton of people have this idea that aliens are some sort of highly evolved, enlightened beings that don't want anything to do with use because of our wars and other atrocities.

Personally, I don't think there is any basis to that argument. I have no doubt within the next several hundred years the human race will be able to travel the galaxy in ways we couldn't imagine being possible. Maybe wormholes, teleportation, or anything else. It seems almost daily there are crazy new technologies being invented, and I'm sure there are even more advanced ones that are being kept from us.

It seems far more likely that any space faring beings would be similar to us in the sense that they have wars, politics, good people and bad people. I don't think they are some perfect beings that look down on us as morally bankrupt or anything. Sure they might look down on us as not very advanced.

If they aren't like us in the ways I described, I would imagine they would be like Ants. You know, a very organized and strict civilization where everybody has their specific place and speciality, nobody questions anything and it's basically a hive mind mentality. While this type of civilization probably wouldn't have the problems we have, they would also lack any sort of freedom or individual choice, maybe even not WANTING freedom, and instead preferring to live like Ants and put in their work for the betterment of the collective.

But to think they are enlightened and have done away with negativity and all that nonsense seems like a fantasy to me. Advances in technology don't really have anything to do with advances in morality or social justice type of issues.

Not to say there ISN'T a species out there that IS very enlightened and doesn't have wars and suffering. But to immediately assume just because a species is technologically highly evolved they are going to be superior moral beings is an example of faulty logic. In my opinion, of course.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
OP just need to wait for a few more weeks or months. Then what he is looking for will be announce to the world. We cannot be this narrow-minded to think that we are the most intelligent beings in the universe. They are just watching us and in the right time, they will show themselves to us. That is coming very soon and that is before the end of the year.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Even if we go with the idea that another civilization wasnt to blow themselfs away and dont have wars and what not, there is still alot of other mass extinction events that could destroy a planet.
Its happened here to earth before and im sure it will happen again its only a matter of time.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

TinkererJim I think has a point, without bringing God of substitute into it. Observable behaviour is something everyone has a point of view on. Aliens, if they are out there would observe and they might just find what we get up to is anathema to their criteria, either below or out of their understanding. Especially when you think of some of our human concepts that are abused or misused every minute of the day and night that shows our hypocrisy up big time.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The upcoming technology has not ceased, if not funded by the Gov or NASA, the rich will surely pay for it. There seems less of a race for NASA and other space programs to go further into space with people, but people who have millions and such can afford to add to the technology as travel.

I hear somewhere that trips to the moon(and early orbit), by non Astronauts, will be frequent in the coming years, as tourism & travel. Why not stop there? Want to go to Mars? It just won't be "Total Recal", but reality. They have the money, they can afford the companies to make the craft and or pay for the flight, and that will be their vacation, since they've already yachted around the world.

Here's an older article on moon and orbit trips;
Russia's great leap for tourism - a $100m trip to the moon

To conclude, earthly inhabitants have not stopped progression yet, or cannot go further, so why say ET's have?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Sorry, but with the time that's past in this universe, there's no good reason to me personally that they might not exist. I'll be damned if they're not around to some degree.

There's only one possibility that I see, and that's that we're the first to spring up and be advanced, I'm not buying that at all. It's about as much chance as winning the lottery. So yeah, maybe, but highly unlikely.

One of the weirdest things? People are obsessing about technologically and hardly even mentioning spiritually. Maybe some out there have them both sussed, which basically means we've not got a hope yet of having any type of clue. We need to learn a lot more. Don't forget how much they could be advanced mentally/spiritually, and how they could combine that with tech. If they can, and our science still doesn't even really accept spiritualism, we're only just starting out.

We're like infants if that's the case, and maybe they're slowly but surely guiding us. Scientists rejecting the spirit is like eager believers rejecting science, they go hand in hand. (which begs the question, why don't scientists get more stick for that?)

And no I'm not talking about Christianity or some specific religion, I'm talking about what's inside all of us. If we balance the two we might finally suss things out. Only an idea I have, not saying I think I'm right.
edit on 13-5-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join