It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man will be punished by dripping acid into his eyes in Tehran on Saturday May 14- Norway condemns

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

Originally posted by xFiDgetx

Originally posted by DuceizBack

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

well man the only real justice in this world is by the hand of god by whatever name you wish to call him.

the biggest problem in the entire world is man tries to play god.

and while the west is by no means perfect they have sorted alot out and stop acting like idiots i cant say the same for east.
edit on 14-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Why do religious nuts have to always mention god.
Is it impossible to not think with your sky daddy looking over you?

Because their belief helps to form their opinion. There is not one person on earth who doesn't work this way.

If their belief is that an all-powerful being created the earth and made the rules for it then it would stand to reason that that being would be the driving force of their opinion of said world and its inhabitants. It's analogous to you implying that religious people can't think for themselves.

edit on 14-5-2011 by xFiDgetx because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by xFiDgetx because: (no reason given)

Everytime I debate with a christian or a muslim all they do is quote their holybook... even when it pertains to evolution.

Now that's what I call independent thinking!!

You're missing the point:
Of course they are going to quote their holy book; they believe it has all the answers. You're asking them to form their opinion on your beliefs. I'm not defending a religious viewpoint here, it just seems unreasonable to demand people only debate on your terms.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Maybe then this idiot should have thought about the consequences of his actions. He has no one to blame for himself for the position he is.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by maxij

When was it when the last person 'rotted' in prison as i understand it prison=

Shelter
Three meals a day
librarys
Gyms
Health care
TV's in rooms (cells)
Visits from family and friends (and in some cases conjugal rights)
Games rooms and video games
Company (no isolation)
Warmth (many families and old people are having to cut back due to expense)
Drugs (though not legal very available)

Anything else i have missed out ??

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Quite true.

But I believe there is something admirable in pushing an equal punishment for the crime on someone. Our society has gone weak.

This womans life was ruined. You know the way things are in muslim countries? Women marry in many of these places. Since he disfigured this one he has ruined many of her chances to become married, and since she is blinded or nearly so, he has ruined her potential to work as well.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Your post is rather disengenuous to the many many many people who have been

abused an do NOT go on to abuse. It is my belief that when caught wrong doers often

use this excuse to get out of trouble and a more favourable or lesser punishment.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by Caji316
Even though I don't hold for the bibles "an eye for an eye" for punishment, it sure would get America straitened out really quick....The jails and prisons would be quickly emptied....save us a lot of money also....

Oh come on!
The USA is the only 'developed' country that practices the death penalty.
Hundreds of thousands of Americans are in prison, I think, the highest proportion of population in the world!
You guys think your system is superior? Don't be absurd.

I don't get it.

Where's the "Hoo-RAH! AMEriCA!" in the first post?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

You know, they adhere to the codes of Hammurabi. An eye for an eye. To them, it's only fair that his eyes be burned out with acid, as he did to the woman who refused his marriage proposals. In some area's, men can do whatever they want to women who refuse their marriage proposals, including splashing battery acid in their face.

In my opinion, people here should be glad that the gov't is taking notice of the horrific actions taken against women and are bringing these men to justice.
edit on 15-5-2011 by ErgoSphere because: sp

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

The jails and prisons are full of non-violent offenders. People locked up for possession with intent to distribute. Cannabis, marijuana, pot, weed, yeah eye for an eye! Get em stoned and then let em outta prison. That'll teach em.

Follow the money

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

We are not discussing the merit of his offense, he did a horrible thing. But others perpetrating the same crime against him, even as retribution, is just as evil. I get so sick of people saying "they deserve it!" when they wouldn't have the stomach to administer the punishment themselves. Most of you would cry and puke and pee and have nightmares if you had to melt a dude's eyeballs with acid. Just sayin.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx

Over a million americans in prison. More than are in our military. Mostly non-violent drug offense.

Follow the money.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

For once i 100% agree with this action from iran i like how they are giving the her the chance to take it on her self or pass it on to a pro.. i kinda feel we need to move like this on alot of other crimes. rape, child molestation / abuse. murder not all but some. think the world would be in a lot better place if it was so..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia
reply to post by maxij

Shelter
Three meals a day
librarys
Gyms
Health care
TV's in rooms (cells)
Company (no isolation)

Yeah,......you missed out on the big cozy new boyfriend that will now call you his new and "better half".

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

reply to post by maxij

Shelter
Three meals a day
librarys
Gyms
Health care
TV's in rooms (cells)
Company (no isolation)

Very interesting. Have you ever been in prison?

Freedom is on their mind 24 hours a day. They ALL want to be home. Even if the food is great (which it isn't), they would exchange good food for freedom any time of the day.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This just wouldn't happen in America as a result of our legal system. That is a given.

However, I believe it is up to the countries citizen's to take action if they deem this inhumane or unacceptable. But if they don't believe that, and they don't take action, what can we truly do about it?

"Bombs for humanity?"

edit on 15-5-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Simple Answer............... If you can't do the time don't do the crime

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I have two words for this..............crazy, insane.

second line

Obviously you have never seen or meet anything or anybody crazy or insane before. Because my post was if not happy and cuddly is at least fair enough. What would you have happen, when the victim herself wants to pour acid in his eyes while standing over him watching, to share her feelings that she has of him, with him. That he once shared with her?

Oh the humanity of being human that we always want to share our felling's with one-another no matter if good, or bad, or evil. We are all of human descent here on this oh so human planet, so her reaction and want for revenge is a very human thing to do. As you can see being human it's not all sugar and spice and everything nice, merely unequivocally human. And Rehabilitation and talking things out does not work for everything or everyone. Really what would you want, and do in that situation?

You know whats crazy or insane? Throwing enough acid on somebodies face to make them look like what a plastic dolls face would look like if you were to put it in a campfire for a little barbecuing, all because they spurned you. Oh no the tragedy somebody said no to my loving advances, oh noz how dare she.

Most people would sulk or get all depressed and forget about it in a couple of days, but really throwing acid on her because of that. That Definitely Positively Absolutely Most Ubiquitously Sure as hell sounds like what crazy and insane mean to me.

Really if you have a better solution I am all ears? In fact I am interested to what you would want to happen in this little case out of Iran. And remember she pushed for the law of an eye for an eye, I am sure everybody else in Iran would of rather this whole thing just get over and done with, so they can go on with there lives and out of the spot light. No doubt they have better things to do like a possible coming war in that little part of the world.

But no really, I am interested in what you would want to happen. What solution do you find the best in such scenarios?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

um okay? What was the purpose of your post about questioning about prisoners rotting away in prisons?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Read the post i replied to

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Oh okay
Got ya

Just to recap... anyone who thinks prison is too soft on criminals, think again. Freedom is too great of a thing to give up. Nobody cares about TV, good food, comfort, conjugal visits, etc.

Freedom is all prisoners think about 24 hours a day.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Oh okay
Got ya

Just to recap... anyone who thinks prison is too soft on criminals, think again. Freedom is too great of a thing to give up. Nobody cares about TV, good food, comfort, conjugal visits, etc.

Freedom is all prisoners think about 24 hours a day.

Not true. Maybe for the most part, but there are also plenty of people in prison who are more than happy to be there having spent most of their adult lives there. They simply do not know how to function in society and as such prison is the easier option.

I can't speak for the U.S, but it is well known that prisons here in the Netherlands and also in the UK are very comfortable.

EDIT to add my opinion on the actual subject matter of the thread:

My personal opinion is that the punishment is very harsh, but so were the actions of the lowlife that ruined this poor womans life. I'm not sure that I agree that the same thing should be done to him, but at the same time I would also find it very difficult to argue against it.

edit on 15-5-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join