It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Cure Cancer, But No One Takes Notice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You should see the video called RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story (Part 1 of 7) 'run from the cure'

Big pharma just will not cure you... They need your business...
This guy just got shot down...

Makes me wonder just how many cures we could have already..

Ever wonder why the doc never gets sick...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Big pharma will also fall. This is great news. Big pharma, Big Oil, Big Brother, they will all fall. People need to perpetuate this information and see that its heard by all! I lost a brother to cancer. I know how devastating it can be to lose a loved one to cancer.
edit on 13-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: made corrections

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Thank you for sharing this video. I will watch more when I have some time later. It's incredible the struggles that people go through to try and get heard, just to see their efforts unrealized in full scope.

Edit: I do have to add...

I work in an environment where I interact with physicians on a daily basis. The doctors don't get sick (as often) because they take great care of themselves and are thorough subscribers to germ theory. It's incredible what washing your hands can prevent.

Docs don't have any insider information other than a strong knowledge of what makes medicine, well...medicine.
edit on 5/13/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Why is this literally nowhere to be found? I searched Google and found NOTHING in the news section.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Simply because of big pharma profits. Also, because a cure would throw off population balance, allowing more people to survive. Very sad indeed,TPTB won't allow a simple cure of cancer or aids.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CDN King

It's strange that there is very little information about this out there. I cannot find much information about clinical trials related to this either. The link I put in my OP was all I found in relation.
DCA Clinical Trial Petition

Maybe a similar petition can be started here in the US, as well as other countries? I realize this does not cure all forms of cancer, but if it's been effective at curing any cancer at all, this should be an available option to patients.

edit on 5/13/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The time this comes to media and big pharmas promote it, will be the time a new kind of disease will appear to compensate cancer income losses...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This topic has been brought up on multiple occasions. And it isn't really new.
2007:
www.youtube.com...

DCA shows good promise but there are some problems which need to be addressed with more research.

A controlled clinical trial of DCA for the treatment of congenital lactic acidosis in children found that the drug was well tolerated at a dose of 12.5 mg/kg every 12 hours and blunted the increase in circulating lactate following a meal [5]. Patients received placebo for 6 months and then were randomly assigned to receive an additional 6 months of placebo or DCA. However, the drug failed to improve neurologic outcome. The efficacy of DCA was also evaluated for the treatment of mitochondrial myopathy, encephalopathy, lactic acidosis and stroke-like episodes (MELAS) [6]. The clinical trial ended early because of onset or worsening peripheral toxicity; all 15 of 15 patients randomized to DCA (25 mg/kg/day) were removed from the trial compared to 4 of 15 patients randomized to placebo. The authors concluded that DCA-associated neuropathy dominated the assessment of any potential benefit in MELAS.

www.highlighthealth.com...

The Doctor who first researched DCA as a cancer treatment wants more studies. Research does, of course, require funding.

It should also be noted that DCA can be obtained fairly easily but..

Dr Evangelos Michelakis is living every researcher's worst nightmare. The therapy he painstakingly studied, verified and re-verified, has been hijacked and risks harming the very people it was meant to heal.

www.nationalreviewofmedicine.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

This is not new information...
...I have known about this cell phenomena for about fifteen years...
...the only thing new is the pharma solution.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just this week alone I have heard of cures for HIV, MS and now Cancer (all I think in human testing)...thats more info than we had a month ago or in the last 20 years really.

But then I have to wonder if this is the massive disinfo package meant to hide something more....and not necessarily good at that.

All of the chemicals seem relatively easy to manufacture as well for all of them and I would have had to think that the family of chem was tried before now wonder what took so long to say? I mean really an already manufactured drug untested agaist cancer in more than 20 years? What nobody with metabolic disease with cancer was cured before now? yeah right....now think metabolic disorder is more common than you think...with that number and all without with cancer would have come up way before now in the data again strange.

Just observations.

Cheers!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Also look at amygdalin/laetrile, also known as Vitamin B17, found in apricot kernels
Jason Vale cured his cancer eating apricot kernels, but he was arrested and jailed for selling them.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Thanks freakjive. As others have mentioned, DCA has actually been around for awhile, but kind of disappeared from the news.

They always say, oh tests have to be done that will take years, blahblahblah, but I will tell you for certain - as I believe it can be got from chemical supply companies and the like, if I ever come down with any sort of cancer it MIGHT work for, I'm definitely getting some for myself!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
They don't want us cured . I'm going to research this as much as I can because of the radiation from Japan. Anything we can do to help ourselves, as we will not be helped by "them".

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Great post.

Originally posted by alfa1
Did you read the comments in the article (which is four years old now)?

Lauren, 97 minutes ago
If you look at the original paper, you would find that it has been cited in other publications 229 times since 2007. HARDLY 'not being noticed' from a scientific perspective. And clinical trials from benchtop to patients will take YEARS and lots of funding. Abstract: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

David 54 minutes ago
Actually this is not a joke. I had cancer, my oncologist at Baylor hospital knew about DCA... Two years later and I am still completely cured. It doesn't work on all types of cancer

Etc...

Even the website cancer.org (The American Cancer Society) says

DCA has been tested in humans on a small scale for rare diseases of metabolism (energy production), but has recently shown some promise in the lab for cancer treatment. This has led some people with cancer to try taking DCA on their own. DCA is known to cause nerve and liver damage, as well as some other side effects. It may also be able to cause cancer in humans, but that has not been proven. At this time, clinical trials (studies on human volunteers) have just been started to find out if DCA might be helpful against cancer. No human studies have been completed yet, so it is unclear how or whether it might help, or what the proper dose might be.

I have quoted most of your earlier post, hoping that it will stop a few people from being misled by the conspiracy mugs and panic-spreaders who infest this site. Your post shows exactly who has their heads up where. The scientific community is not ignorant of DCA and the pharmaceuticals industry is not suppressing research or killing off researchers*. The wannabelievers are, as usual, dead wrong.

As you say, research is ongoing. In fact, the University of Alberta web site now has an update about DCA research on human subjects, which anybody who was genuinely interested in the subject rather than in giving himself a thrill by sounding off against ‘Big Pharma’ and the ‘mainstream media’ could have found with three minutes’ googling.

DCA has promise, but not as much as the OP article makes out; it also has potentially deadly side-effects and is not as effective – in its present form, at least – as touted. From the above-linked update:

In the 5 patients tested, the drug took 3 months to reach blood levels high enough to alter the tumor's metabolism. At those levels, there were no significant adverse effects. However, at some of the higher doses tested, DCA caused nerve malfunction, i.e. numbing of toes and fingers. Importantly, in some patients there was also evidence for clinical benefit, with the tumors either regressing in size or not growing further during the 18 month study.

Thanks for being a lonely voice of sanity in a jungle of ignorance, hysteria and stupidity.

*They’re just not funding it, which makes sense, since there is no profit to them in it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Witholding this makes them an accomplice in every death caused from cancer for which they should be prosecuted. If the shoe was on the other foot we would be held accountable and serving life for witholding a life saving option.As a matter of fact we'd be charged as the triggerman himself

We need to start holding our governments and these companies accountable for their actions which are detrimental to our health and our qaulity of life.

Their actions towards us are criminal and if they're not going to be prosecuted for their crimes ,there should at the least be a class action law suit every time they do something.

If their going to manipulate their laws to keep from being prosecuted, we need to bankrupt them.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Flat out, if this is true, I'm mad as hell.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Nice find, definatly book marked incase I ever develop cancer.

On a side note i live in the UK and i have chron's. My medication is free for my condition but I will not take the sh*t im prescribed. What i have found out is that taking cannabis which is illegal over here, will keep me in remission better than any drug my doctor can prescribe.

So even over here the pharma groups are keeping cannabis illegal so I have to take their pills.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Thank goodness Big Pharma has the media in their pocket to prevent them from ever saying anything bad about th-oh, wait.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I really appreciate hearing your insights on this. It's good to hear the alternative side of the argument.

However, it is my belief that it's worth more than a handful of researchers located in a couple places looking into. The Pharmaceuticals gave it the once over because there is no profit. Further research may be able to fight some of the side-affects. Most cancers are deadly and the patients will be apt to take risks in any chance to live a better life all around.

As I stated above, I work with physicians on a daily basis. Some of them astute clinical researchers. I will pose some questions on Monday and see if I can get some further information from a clinical point of view.

Again, thanks for the input.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I really appreciate hearing your insights on this. It's good to hear the alternative side of the argument.

Thank you for seeing it that way. However, it isn’t just an argument we’re having here; it is a matter of life and death. People who take quack remedies for life-threatening illnesses die.

It is my belief that it's worth more than a handful of researchers located in a couple places looking into.

Agreed. And if you believe it strongly enough, form or join a fundraising group to finance research into DCA. Circulate petitions, lobby your political representatives, badger rich philanthropists for the money. Don’t give aid and comfort to quacks by propagating their lies over the internet. Do not create a forum where idiocies of this kind...

Originally posted by Revealation
Witholding this makes them an accomplice in every death caused from cancer for which they should be prosecuted.

...get a favourable reception.

edit on 14/5/11 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join