It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland toasts new whisky-powered bioenergy plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Scottish distilleries will power 9,000 homes with electricity and heat from bioenergy plants using waste matter from the industry.

Whisky will fix anything.

I think this is pretty interesting. I wonder if the more people buy whiskey, the more energy will be created. We already know the scottish love their whisky so I take it this will be a win for the community and a win for the companies.
Can't wait to see how productive this becomes.
edit on 13-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea. Now, if we can just get americans to do the same thing with beer!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by starborn
Sounds like a good idea. Now, if we can just get americans to do the same thing with beer!

Haha yes.. And have Jack Daniels power all of Tenn.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The whisky company I work for as an Engineering Technician (glenfiddich / grant's) has built an anaerobic reactor, which uses released gases from spent distillation / brewing products to drive gas turbines.

The whisky industry in Scotland is a multi-billion pound global player in the drinks markets, and we're very proud of our green and wind technologies (it's windier than hell here). Think 500 million+ bottles per annum as a ball park figure, and it becomes apparent that the associated energy production could also be huge.

As Robert Burns wrote...

Here's tae us, wha's like us? Damn few, and they're aw died.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
wow, never saw this one.
being that i live just outside glasgow, i better do my bit and double my whisky intake...
i am just glad it is my favourite tipple.
the way petrol prices are going over here, it will soon be cheaper to run your car on a fine ten year old single malt than on petrol lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
i have never been much of a whiskey man, but if it is for mother earth, i guess i could take one for the team...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
i have never been much of a whiskey man, but if it is for mother earth, i guess i could take one for the team...

Yes, i think i might pick up a bottle or two as well. Remember, watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow.
edit on 13-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join