It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defending Against Home Invasion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohiI don't think too many people want to go snooping around the sheriff or the local cop shop, especially in major cities, trying to buddy up with the locals

usually they slam you against the wall and throw you in the interrogation room to find what you're up to.

its best just to prepare yourself and mind your own business like they should be

This is sad a true at the same time and was a primary reason behind my decision to move to the counrty. I like knowing my nieghbors and trusting my LEOs. It is a comforting feeling.

It's sad that big cities are soo out of control with thier LEO's having to be revanue agents; rather than peace officers. I guess that's what an entitlement mentality generates; the need for money.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
This is sad a true at the same time and was a primary reason behind my decision to move to the counrty. I like knowing my nieghbors and trusting my LEOs. It is a comforting feeling.

It's sad that big cities are soo out of control with thier LEO's having to be revanue agents; rather than peace officers. I guess that's what an entitlement mentality generates; the need for money.

as long as the government continues offering perks of loyalty it will continue to spread like an incurable virus and eventually consume the entire country. a national stand off is what is required to change the tune and bring back honor and dedication to our sick country. only through negotiation and compromise will it ever be achieved

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Some of the defences you describe in this thread,I would
only apply to my SHTF hideout,not my home!I could go
to jail for some of them if I used them,great ideas anyway.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

use them as you see fit but be prepared in any event, it could be the only thing to save your life

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
reply to post by newcovenant

I was in the army its where i thought of it

my job was to breech their security around their perimeters undetected then give them an assessment, i was really good at my job

edit on 14-5-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

Riiiiight! Been reading Rogue Warrior again, I see. Luckily your obviously way to young to be doing any of the things your talking about, cause this thread is full of all kinds of stupid!

If TPTB want o raid or get into your home,your feeble defenses will do you no good. Sure,maybe you kill a few on th first team, but what happens after that? It's unlikely that their sudden demise and dissapearence will go unoticed, and they'll be after you but good now. Whatever weapons and booby traps you have, they have more and better. But all this is besides the point. Why exactly are you expecting SWAT teams and the like to be trying to invade your home?
Protecting your home from intrusion is certainly prudent, but most likely you'll be dealing with thieves or perhaps a methhead trying to steal your PS3. A good alarm system,12 gauge ith 00 buck and a flashlight will pretty much handle it, if you can keep your head.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxclaro

Originally posted by anumohi
reply to post by newcovenant

I was in the army its where i thought of it

my job was to breech their security around their perimeters undetected then give them an assessment, i was really good at my job

edit on 14-5-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

Riiiiight! Been reading Rogue Warrior again, I see. Luckily your obviously way to young to be doing any of the things your talking about, cause this thread is full of all kinds of stupid!

If TPTB want o raid or get into your home,your feeble defenses will do you no good. Sure,maybe you kill a few on th first team, but what happens after that? It's unlikely that their sudden demise and dissapearence will go unoticed, and they'll be after you but good now. Whatever weapons and booby traps you have, they have more and better. But all this is besides the point. Why exactly are you expecting SWAT teams and the like to be trying to invade your home?
Protecting your home from intrusion is certainly prudent, but most likely you'll be dealing with thieves or perhaps a methhead trying to steal your PS3. A good alarm system,12 gauge ith 00 buck and a flashlight will pretty much handle it, if you can keep your head.

I'm 50 years old silly man
and in Missouri i can kill anyone who threatens me on my property or in my house LEGALLY

anyone come bustin down my doors gettin a great big nasty surprises and i don't give a f66k who they are

stay off my property unless i invite you...ITS MY LAW

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Them that knows, ain't talking; and them that's talkin'.....

Feds NEVER execute a warrant without telling the locals. Especially in Texas. 3 guesses why, and the first 2 don't count. Hint: rhymes with "waco."

A scanner is cheaper, safer, and more effective than booby traps. Even if they use a scrambled frequency, the traffic density of LEO frequencies would alert you to any problems headed your way.

In TX, it's easy to listen in. There are so many overlapping jurisdictions that you can hear their "radio opera" for about 2 hours beforehand. "Feds to sheriff, it's only us. Feds to constable, its only us. Feds to local brand inspector, its only us. Sorry ranger, we'll be gone in a minute. Excuse us, game warden, we'll be carrying guns through the wildlife sanctuary out there. Tell the local swat team and dispactch that it's just us. Hey, local sheriffs dispatch, tell the traffic patrol to let our men pass through."

There are even tales of brazen S-13 who've jumped on the radio and ask for warrant specifics, posing as ICE, and being told when and where a warrant was going down.
edit on 15-5-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: less is more.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Them that knows, ain't talking; and them that's talkin'.....

Feds NEVER execute a warrant without telling the locals. Especially in Texas. 3 guesses why, and the first 2 don't count. Hint: rhymes with "waco."

A scanner is cheaper, safer, and more effective than booby traps. Even if they use a scrambled frequency, the traffic density of LEO frequencies would alert you to any problems headed your way.

In TX, it's easy to listen in. There are so many overlapping jurisdictions that you can hear their "radio opera" for about 2 hours beforehand. "Feds to sheriff, it's only us. Feds to constable, its only us. Feds to local brand inspector, its only us. Sorry ranger, we'll be gone in a minute. Excuse us, game warden, we'll be carrying guns through the wildlife sanctuary out there. Tell the local swat team and dispactch that it's just us. Hey, local sheriffs dispatch, tell the traffic patrol to let our men pass through."

There are even tales of brazen S-13 who've jumped on the radio and ask for warrant specifics, posing as ICE, and being told when and where a warrant was going down.
edit on 15-5-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: less is more.

This is the first sensible thing on here. All the booby traps in the world are not going to stop anything but the first wave, and after that it goes up.

Sure glad I live on a boat, none of this stuff will work on me...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
LEOs are not ninjas. You don't have to live in scene from Tomb Raider to avoid a bad end.

The bigger the institution, the more predictable it is; and the more faith it's henchmen have in their rulebook.

Remember the joke about the two rabbit hunters who woke up a grizzly bear? When one stops to put on his tennis shoes, the second hunter says, "you're wasting your time--you cannot hope to outrun that bear." To which his partner replies:

"I don't have to out-run the bear. I only have to out-run you."

Same thing applies here.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

I like your creativity just be careful not to hurt yourself. You seem very knowlegable about fortification defence.

I live in a highrise type building so im worried about my front door and my balcony.

I was thinking of building a big metal door right behind my front door but i dont really know how maybe you have a suggestion?

As for the balcony, i have hurricane shutters for now..

Ill skip the booby traps and work on door fortification and a camera as well as keeping a good battery operated police scanner handy.

If you have a suggestion about the door PM me.

Good luck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join