It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa. school gives kids sandwiches as punishment after hot meals go unappreciated

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331
reply to post by Runaway1977

the food goes to waist...2 sandwiches not being eaten...Waist of the food and the money on the Schools part if they bought the sandwiches in the garbage now, Or the parents who bought the sandwiches in the garbage now...Thats what my first post said.

Are you suggesting that on every other day no child leaves food on their tray? I am really not sure what you are trying to say. Two sandwiches were not eaten? How often is 100% of what is served, eaten? If Sandwiches were paid for and the kids got sandwiches then apparently those kids need to learn to not waste food as well. My parents would be quite upset if they paid for me to get a sandwich and I chose to toss it in the trash. They would never think of blaming someone else for that.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Runaway1977

on avrage in my kitchen at my school we waist (in a day) $10 in frys on the floor $50 on people waisting them and about $20 in condements, We charge $2 each plate and we sell about 400 each day, 400x2=800 - 80 = 720.
If we take the avrage class of 30 and do the math 400 by 30 = 13.33, 13.33 x 2 = 26.66, $26.66 was spent on the class, 26.66 by 30 = 0.88...Thats alot of money waisted based on the avrage prices...and please dont be a Greed master and think in #s rather than %s.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The sammiches prolly tasted better than the 'hot lunches. I know the skool lunches we had back int he day were the suxxors.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Not that I agree with this practice but did your parents send you to bed with no supper or your teachers?
Big difference.
third line

edit on 16-5-2011 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331
reply to post by jimmyx

And when you have a kid like me who will sit there awake untill there parents are asleep and then sneak downstairs and eat? Each generation learns...My little sisters dont get caught for stuff i did. Each generation gets more cunning as we go.

well, if i did that, my dad would have taken a belt to my ass. i had that done on a couple of occasions, and you quickly learn that pain was associated with doing the wrong things. i learned at an early age with my parents. and that saved me from learning about the pain that would have been alot more serious, if i had done wrong things when i was older.

when my son (now 23 and in his last year of college) was young, i smacked his ass (not with a belt though), when he did something wrong...it didn't take him too long to learn....when he reached his teen years, he didn't have the problems that others his age had.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

id give u a star if i could i agree what right dose the teach have to punish them through a nesesity that parents provide?
edit on 5/16/11 by Solsthime331 because: Spelling errors.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
reply to post by jimmyx

Did your parents send you to bed with no supper or your teachers?
Big difference.
third line

uhmm?...parents....besides, getting sandwiches made from home, were alot better than those "tuna surprise" lunch days.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

Sorry but I don't understand this part of your post:
"provideusuty thatish them through a nesesity that parents provide?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I know it was your parents and
I'm with ya about food quality
it's the 'prinicpal' of the issue.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Please stop saying "waist"
I know I'm coming off as a bit crass but its a little ridiculous.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

well i had a military family i got smaked on the butt then told to stand in a corner for 2 hours...i learned how NOT TO GET CAUGHT we teach eachother is what im saying...my sister dosn't get caught for smoking...i know she dose but i cant prove it because i smoke and mom smokes so we cant tell if its just because she likes sitting outside and talking to me while i visit, But still the youngins learn, and punishment is less harsh nowadays alot of people frown on spanking, so its go to your room where you can take a nap, Play a game, Draw, do whatever you want...and suspention...WOO HOO 3 days off school! i can sleep in for once...
edit on 5/16/11 by Solsthime331 because: wrong word used.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

Sorry labtop + mouse and no keyboard attachment = annoying mouse pad.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb
I am speechless. To punish the misbehaviour of a few children, the school reacts by giving only cold sandwiches. I have two problems with this:
1) What did the children do that was so bad, the whole school was punished?
2) This is seems to fall under the category of cruel and unusual punishment, no?

Cruel? I mean really? sandwiches instead of hot meals are cruel? you are completely overreacting, if kids do something they have to learn there are consequences to their actions, thats part of why this generation is so #ed up, kids think they can do whatever they please because nothing is going to happen to them, after all, being punished with sandwiches is considered controversial.

How fantastic! What a useful way to dish out justice, Big Brother! The Government's control of schools allows it to cut the hot meals!

What does the government has to do with anything? the school decided to punish kids for they misbehavior that way, I'm sure they didn't need explicit permission to do that.

See, to me, this is just a small version of the government demonstrating that what it gives, it can take away. Whether we are talking about jobs, lunches, health care or gun liscenses, the rule is the same. Perhaps, one day, the government will say, "We saved you from the deadly swine flu pandemic by a vaccine," and take your life away. Welcome to fascism.

Peace,
SeraphNB

members.beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-5-2011 by seraphnb because: clarification

I think its more like: if you use what we give you stupidly then maybe you should not have it, and I think its a perfect punishment.

PS: don't think I'm a old school 60 year old, I'm 17, and I live with todays generation, a bunch of douches who think they can do anything and that they own the world.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
reply to post by jimmyx

I know it was your parents and
I'm with ya about food quality
it's the 'prinicpal' of the issue.

i agree...it's too bad that being kind, and having trust in people, has become a sign of weakness to be exploited by those that seek immediate gain.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Gotcha
been there
done that

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't have time to read all 8 pages, but are you kidding me OP? Cold sandwiches are horrible punishment now? You can't be serious, I eat cold sandwiches for lunch every day I am working. It's not that bad, wow.

Not to mention I had a brownbag sandwich almost every day at school as well. We couldn't afford no 3 bucks a day every day for crappy school food. Once in a while, when my grades were good etc, I got money on pizza day to buy lunch. Are kids really this spoiled and pampered now? I have only been out of school 10 years now jeez.
edit on Mon, 16 May 2011 13:53:29 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join