It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan creates the French Internet Kiss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

We admit to being sort of creeped out by this: A Japanese lab has created a device that may let let you "French kiss" someone over the Internet.
And by "kiss," we mean waggle your tongue on a plastic straw, thereby making another plastic straw waggle remotely on someone else's tongue.
Hot, huh?
Well, the folks at Tokyo's Kajimoto Laboratory say it's just the beginning of what could become a full-on person-to-person experience over the Internet.
The lab, part of The University of Electro-Communications, posted a video in which a researcher demonstrates the "Kiss Transmission Device." It's a motorized box that looks a little like a police Breathalyzer.

"The elements of a kiss include the sense of taste, the manner of breathing and the moistness of the tongue," Takahashi said. "If we can re-create all of those, I think it will be a really powerful device."

This has me more worried about what they are going to think up next!

Who in there right mind would want to do this or would find this enjoyable in the least?
Is it me or are these people just insane!
Either way enjoy the post. . . xxx's
CNN Link to full story

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before those "straws" are being used in places they weren't intended to be used. This is just one step closer to the virtual sex scene I thought was so awesome when I watched Total Recall, lol.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Weirdness.

The good thing is you could use it to screen out freaks you might have other wise developed a liking for. And no, I dont mean by how they waggle their tongue simulator. I mean by the fact they HAVE an internet kissing device.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

~slaps head~ OMG who the heck thought of this?? Straws? Really?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well, China just debuted a sperm collection machine recently:

freespermdonorregistry.com...

There was a thread on here a few days ago about it.

I guess if they can combine the french kiss machine with the sperm collection machine and get it all wired up on the internet, the geeky guys are in good shape.

And if they can set up an internet-compatible sybian for the women...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
no straw,no matter how much tech is behind it can even come close to the real thing....I'll stick with the old lady,ya know...as for the sex machine in total recall,nah the one in woody allens sleeper looked like a wilder ride....peace ya'll

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What's this? Internet kissing machine???

Japan razed to the ground with earthquake. Tsunami did it's worst. Anything remaining is undoubtedly frazzling from radiation.

And they invent a snog machine.

Can it kiss Japan better?
edit on 13-5-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Oh. My. God. What is the world coming to? Does everything have to be done over the Internet? Soon, we will all be boxed up in our own rooms, only allowed to communicate through a computer, and sex will only be done by teleporting sperm to the selected mate's womb. I think I saw that in a terrible movie a long time ago, though I forget its name.

SeraphNB

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
OMG who the heck thought of this??

David Cronenberg actually. Watch Videodrome. That movie is damn near 30 years old and he for told a lot about what he envisioned media to be. Seems like he wasn't that far from the truth. Good movie but freaky.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I remember that movie, man that was a long time ago!

What is up with WOS or William20One20Sac, if you don't mind me to ask, there is nothing in there?

edit on 5/13/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Brilliant, within a week we will get a breaking news report Osama had one in his compound

Either way.. who would want to use that when one could in the 'Real World'

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

U2u sent to you.

top topics

join