It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HMS Liverpool fired on by Libyan rockets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have not seen this reported in many places other than local news sites for Portsmouth and Liverpool. It appears that the Type 42 destroyer was fired upon on Thursday night by Libyan forces using rockets and large calibre machine guns. She returned fire using her 4.5 inch gun (shells effectively) and took out the rocket and gun emplacement. The full story is here HMS Liverpool's captain speaks of gun battle with Gaddafi forces . I thought maybe this should be getting more coverage, but obviously there are bigger news stories at the moment

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
nothing on the news pobebly wont be shame the truth isnt important unless it fits the status quoe

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I guess that's what happens when you invade another country eh? Defending their home will become a "bad thing" for them in the press as always. Really, what the hell is NATO still doing there? Ghadaffi called Obama out at the UN and then this whole sideshow started.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Nice find! s&f

Good to hear that all was calm on board whilst everyone got on with their jobs

Love the quote from Commander Colin Williams

It was a good old fashioned ding-dong. The enemy fire was coming in pretty close. It was fairly close-range stuff but we’ve trained for this and we were ready to win the fight

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer
Nice find! s&f

Good to hear that all was calm on board whilst everyone got on with their jobs

Love the quote from Commander Colin Williams

It was a good old fashioned ding-dong. The enemy fire was coming in pretty close. It was fairly close-range stuff but we’ve trained for this and we were ready to win the fight

A Good old fashioned Ding Dong.

Only the British hey?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by avriel

If you fire on a naval vessel from a fixed position you are either stupid or have a death wish, especially against one that's about 40 years more technically advanced than you are.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm wondering how TPTB and the MSM are going to twist this story to make the Ghaddafi forces seem like the invaders and the oppresors when it is infact the British destroyer which is impeaching on Libyan sovereignty.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDL2011
nothing on the news pobebly wont be shame the truth isnt important unless it fits the status quoe

Who cares if it's on the news or not, Everyone on ats says it's none of our business so why does it matter?

top topics

join