It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there something wrong with my account? I cannot enter the media center.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hi, I hope somebody can help:

I came to ATS as quite a computer newbie at the end of 2009.
I left my avatar for a while, waiting to find something appropriate.
I did however fill in an "Avatar" url and signature a long time back (the pic appears on the left corner of my profile page, and the signature is luckily in my posts).
Eventually I was made a bronze member, which was emblazoned under my posts.
Then, at some point I changed my browser from Google to Google Chrome.
The "bronze member" signature then disappeared.
Anyway, then the rules on Avatars changed, and I only gathered they had to be done through the media portal (as it says next to my pic in account, albeit written so white that it took me a while to notice it on the equally white background).

Now, I click that link to go to media or my pics.
Then it says I must log in.
It simply will not recognize my password, and I'm stuck on this page.
I've tried it a few times over the months, and I type in my username and code, and it just says error, I must sign in.
I've logged in several times with my password from the main page (so it did work), and just to make sure I requested a new one tonight. That also doesn't work for the media portal.
I really want to get my avatar, but I can't enter the media portal at all with my username/password combination.

I mentioned it to mods before, but they say I should try here.
So, please help!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the messages - apparently it's happened to others too.
That already makes me feel a bit better, because for along while I felt I was just stupid that I couldn't do what everybody else is clearly able to do.
I learnt how to paste videos, but I'd also like to paste pics in my posts, and this I cannot do without entering the center.
At first I thought this is just too confusing for little old me, but after being on some other sites I think I can now distinguish between my limited capacity and some other error.
Well, when the process of Avatars is explained I'm not even on the same page - because I cannot enter it!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Now I seem to have a ribbon through a received U2U (which I've never had), although that might be completely unrelated.

edit on 13-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Basically I should change my browser (or give it a try) - but I've been using Google Chrome for ages now, and everything else works perfectly.
That's a bit much - think I'll just leave it again for now.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
nothing wrong with it..just try it 2 times in a row...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I've had problems with it as well. I recently switched back to Firefox and was able to access it. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I also had to request a new password 4 times in a row before it would allow me to sign in to the forums site. It seems to be very "buggy"

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If I remember correctly I had a problem also in getting mine up. I think I had to make it around 3.5 kb in size and was able to post it. This probably want help you though if you can't even get into the page to post it. I do remember that also, it kept telling me to log -in and it wouldn't..if I think of how I finally did get in I will repost..Good Luck...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If you've changed your password, than it won't let you log on to media. To log on to media you need your original password.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Nope, no go.
Just tried again.
Sometimes when I haven't posted for a while (or for seemingly no reason at all sometimes) I log on the web, click ATS and then I must log in.
That always works first time, so its not my typing skills.
I can do it till I go blue in the face typing it in for pics or the media portal - it won't work.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

What? Can this be - I must find my password from 2009?
I thought updating it tonight might work.
Well this one and the last one didn't work.
So I must find my original password?
Is this true?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Go through old emails and try to find it i guess....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

But then why do they ask: have you forgotten your password or do you want a new one?

Perhaps you are right, but can this be?
Well then I need a whole new account, perhaps?
I've in anyway half convinced myself that the black looks more mysterious.
But, I must find my very original pass-code?
No, really???

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Oh woe, I must find my original password?
My computer's crashed like three times since then and there's no record of emails I can trace.
I can look through old notebooks, and hope I scribbled it somewhere.
Is this confirmed however?
I would have thought updating is superior to scratching out old stuff when the site looked quite different.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It's true. It happened to me. I couldn't log on to media for weeks after i updated my password. Then i used the old one and it worked.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Has anybody else had ribbons through their U2U, so that some sentences are hidden?
Even if one selects "hide" the ribbon, at least one remains, totally obscuring text?
They are actually across the the U2U, and not at the normal place at the bottom of the screen.
Saw it the first time tonight.
Very annoying.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So what I gather thus far is that I should just go on, and accept my somewhat crippled position on ATS.
I can live with that - at least I tried.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Lol, you can still make a new account.

You mean the ribbon at the bottem of the screen?
edit on 13-5-2011 by Mentalistbee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yeah, just instead of being at the bottom of the screen, it runs over the U2U message in three places (cut by the box confines, almost like the person sent it that way).
Pushing hide ribbon at the bottom of the screen takes one or two ribbons away, but one still stays blocking out text.
I just got a mass U2U on a poll, and maybe it had something to do with setting that up.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Not sure, i havent had that happen to me.
Good luck with it though.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Seems to be gone now.
Wanted to forward an example, but in my saved stuff where this appeared just now, it is gone.
So I must make a new account.
Even that is probably simple, but sounds so daunting, and I must first announce it I guess, because they don't like multiple accounts?

I still hope somebody can provide a simpler solution.
I've been told contradicting solutions (and thanks to all for the advice), from wiping out my computer history, to finding my original (2009) password.
I still believe that the admin who control this whole site may provide a simpler solution.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join