It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000s of dead walleye being found in Lake Erie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I heard that Lake Erie was so polluted from a chick on GLP, all she had to do was wait for a dead fish to float up! They didn't even have to fish!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm not seeing a die off over by the Mistake on the Lake. I'll be looking for it in a couple of days though just to see what happens. Maybe Detroit is dumping some massive toxilogical waste in the lake in their efforts to clean their city? Asbestos, Lead, etc from torn down housing?
edit on 13-5-2011 by TDawgRex because: Grammer fix

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
My husband has a trip planned with some buddies this year late fall. A couple of his buddies are connected with the DNR. If we hear anything I will post.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Born and raised in Western New York , and living smack in between both lake Erie and Ontario we were always cautious not to eat the fish from either lake because of the pcp problems and other toxic elements. But take a wild guess where we get our drinking water from? Yep those same lakes, glad I invested in an r.o. filter years ago. What the fish live in we consume and bath in as well.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I've never fished out that way. My Husband has and he says it's a very clean lake. Now yes we have heard how bad it was years ago. My father told stories of how dirty it was. I think the last time he fished was in the 70's and he just gave up on the lake.

We have alot of friends who have fished the lake since then and they all have said that it has become a great fishery, and that the lake is nothing like it was.

Are you saying that the lake is slurry like it was back in the day?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by wingsfan

Lake Erie is much cleaner than it was at one time. Even so, we Buckeyes fans are much tougher than "you people up north" and could probably withstand any amount of toxins in the fish we eat.

we'll get you bastards one day, you can count on it!!!!!!
*frantically shakes fist towards ohio*

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
what the # is going on with all these mass animal die offs?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Gee, I wonder if it has anything to do with the Enrico Fermi nuclear plant leak from back in February.

Nah...

It's probably from fireworks or lack of oxygen.
Yeah, that's it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

It looks clean courtesy of the zebra mussels. But I think it's a safe bet that all that pollution is in the sediment layers at the bottom and perhaps still in the water column. The theory of the solution to pollution is dilution didn't really work out that good if you ask me. Plus you have to factor in all the tributaries that feed the lakes that are still polluted. But hey at least they finally stopped dumping all the nasties straight into the water like back in the days. Some areas along the Niagara river you can still see funky stains on the rocks from where stuff has leaked out from the hazardous waste sites over the years and seeped through the bedrock.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join