It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phones Caused Mysterious Worldwide Bee Deaths, Study Finds

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

Helloo, your right on... the keyword is microwaves back before everyone had a mini version of a microwave tower in his or her pocket, it was widely known by the now old timers who installed the big microwave towers in Wyoming to transmit data over vast exspanses that one did not put his head in between the cone(output) and the reciever or it would scrambble your brains like getting a high dose of radiation.
Motorala and AT&T have covered it up since.
I have heard from people who have seen entire flocks of birds drop like stones if they get in the middle during peak tranmission times.
Blame pesticides all you want, but they are just part of the problem.

edit on 14-5-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
All I can say, is, Can you hear bee now?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

No my ears are ringing to loud!!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyray

Cell Phones Caused Mysterious Worldwide Bee Deaths, Study Finds Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com

Cellphone transmissions may be responsible for a mysterious, worldwide die off in bees that has mystified scientists.

Dr. Daniel Favre, a former biologist with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, Switzerland, carefully placed a mobile phone underneath a beehive and then monitored the reaction of the workers.

According to a story in The Daily Mail, the bees were able to tell when the handsets were making and receiving calls. They responded by making the high pitched squeaks
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5/13/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

it's FOX news..

Very lame indeed.. why .. cuz' it's faux news.. why else.. right..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow...

So MONSANTO wants everyone to feel guilty for what they have done.

Sounds like the same charade that went on with global warming.... If we would all just live in little ticky tack boxes and work in cubicles global warming would not happen right?

MONSANTO killed the bees!!

Best way to not be implicated.... Implicate EVERYONE.
edit on 14-5-2011 by tom goose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I have two wild hives within a block of where i live and there are a number of hobby bee keepers around the area.
cell phone are common with plenty cell towers.

None of the local bee keepers have had any problem with CCD.

No there are no farmers growing GM crops in the area of the Calif desert any place near where i live.

All the local bee keeper blame CCD on GM crops and will not take any of there hive near any area with GM crops.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

true, global corporations are killing us all...globally. Can't run, can't hide, no sanctuary. Agree on the FB tip too, deleted mine, i got enough 'friends'. lol

I said it before- id like to see what the status of CCD is in other countries. See if there is a correlation between prevalence/proliferation of cell phones and/or cell phone towers. 4x4 Matrix. Would be an interesting research study. Have to find some countries where cell phone use is starting to explode and then track the bee levels. . interesting.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Darwin47

well then, thanks for the awesome link, i just grabbed some coffee... no thanks Sunday morning paper MSM- ill be reading some research studies. THANKS!!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I could understand not giving up something to save someone else's life... self-preservation is first and foremost. BUT, when you refuse to change your ways to ensure your own survival, I think that is the exact moment people become 'sheeple'. I can hear the argument now- 'Why change? We're all gonna die someday. Faux News said it takes like twenty years.' People just are so self-absorbed and narrow-minded nowadays, indifferent to the plight and suffering of other humans, let alone plants, bees, fish, etc. Makes me sad. And I aint no tree huggin' hippie!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

maybe a critical threshold was reached... like you can have so much of something before seeing negative effects??? And you might not even notice anything was wrong or building until that saturation point was reached. My own musings. What ya think?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

i like what you thinking in terms of variables- define 'intensity' of what? Signal strength?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think alot of people on hear just don't want it to be cell phones.

Some of the people on here saying"there wasn't a cell phone near every hive" you've really got to think about it a little more. The signal of the phones is in the air everywhere. Where you have coverage, you have signal. So there is cell phone activity around the bees almost constantly, accept in remote areas without cell phone coverage.

I work closely with plants and also live in Australia. I used to have an abundance of bees both European and Native at my vocation. "Used to" is the word, for a few years now, ever since they introduced digital television and digital cell phone, there has been a decline in bee activity. Both at my work and in my own garden. This year to date I have only spotted one bee, just the other day.

In Australia the signals used to be Analog. Maybe it's the digital signal. Maybe it runs at the right frequency, to disturb the bees.

How much higher or different is a digital signal, compared to an analog one?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Faux News...linking to Daily Mail... both owned by Murdoch. Ugh. I would've never started diggin if I hadnt seen this though.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Also we really need bees alot more than we need cell phones, You can't talk if you don't eat. Without bees the world would be hungry.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

now THATS interesting. One anecdote doesnt make the truth, but it sure is interesting to hear that. I wonder if anyone else can contribute from personal experience? Has anyone had CCD happen?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I've never used a cell in my life. Lots of evidence they cause cancer too. Amazing how the sheep latch onto all sorts of useless gadgets because the TV people tell them it's the cool thing to do.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
While researching the effect of cellphones on humans and wildlife I ran across this website - www.antennasearch.com and did a search for a four mile radius around my work address. I found there are 124 cell towers and 322 antenna's in that 4 mile radius. I'm amazed that there are so many in that small area. The site says they have data on 1.9 million towers and antennas in the US.

www.antennasearch.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If worker bees are playing with their cellphones instead of working of course hive productivity is going to decline and bee society is going to fall into disarray. Also, probably a lot bees are crashing and dying because they are distracted from flying while on their cellphone.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join