It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phones Caused Mysterious Worldwide Bee Deaths, Study Finds

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by crazyray

So are they honestly trying to say that there were cell phones near all the hives?

This is pseudo science....

It is clearly pseudoscience. First, it is a "study" that they are publishing. There is no peer review, no fact checking, no repeating the experiment under tight controls by another party.

The process that was described for this experiment is laughable, and the conclusion of bee deaths is unsupported by anything in the experiment.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

nice ref! Interesting with the shark angle...gonna do some diggin on that angle.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

maybe it wasn't the 'ringing', but instead the incoming or outgoing signal...you know like how your speakers will 'buzz' or 'crackle' if a cellphone is like right next to them...immediately preceding an incoming text or call??? Know what I'm talking about?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyray

Wow... just getting started on my first hive and this comes out. I think we need to be taking a harder look at what our wonderful world of electronics is doing to our planet: cancer rates, destruction of nature for 'rare earth minerals/metals', effects on animals, plants, etc.

Hopefully we can figure out a way to insulate the bees, or develop different forms of communication before its too late.

Fascinating stuff. SAVE THE BEES!!!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

What happened to the good old days? Is progress even progress? Is Facebook truly good for the soul?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

good point. maybe its just noticed in the rural areas- not like LOTS of people are keeping hives in urban areas, right?

Do you have any maps or reference regarding CCD and its "widespreaditivity"?

Also, I thought this and other articles have referenced the fact that only a slight number of the actual species of honeybees are being looked at in regards to CCD (something like 4 out of 8, maybe?) Thoughts???

Link to my other thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

www.apidologie.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=110&lang=en

Aims and scope

Apidologie is a peer-reviewed journal devoted to the biology of insects belonging to the superfamily Apoidea (Michener, 1944), the term “biology” being used in the broader sense.

The main topics include: behavior, ecology, pollination, genetics, physiology, toxicology and pathology. Systematic research can also be submitted to the extent that it concerns the Apoidea. Also accepted are research papers, including economic studies, on the rearing, exploitation and practical use of Apoidea and their products, as far as they relate to bees or to the beekeeping industry. Papers which are only of descriptive kind and of local interest are not accepted.

abstract and open access fulltext html/pdf

www.springerlink.com/content/bx23551862212177

Apidologie
Official journal of the Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA) and Deutschen Imkerbundes e.V. (D.I.B.)

10.1007/s13592-011-0016-x

Original article

Mobile phone-induced honeybee worker piping

Daniel Favre 1, 2

(1) Scientific collaborator in the Laboratory of Cellular Biotechnology (LBTC), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL), Lausanne, Switzerland
(2) Apiary School of the City of Lausanne, Chemin du Bornalet 2, CH-1066 Épalinges, Switzerland

Received: 24 June 2009 Revised: 29 March 2010 Accepted: 8 April 2010 Published online: 13 April 2011

(...)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

And a KUDOS to you. Somebody went to the trouble to go to the Daily Mail link, then read it, and dig!!! Yaaaaaay!!!! Good call. Nice job.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Personally, I believe the bee problem is more likely associated with the liberal use of chemical pesticides.

We have been releasing chemicals into the world for a long time, not even realizing the full impact of what the longterm effects could be.

DEET... 'nuff said.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyray

Wow... just getting started on my first hive and this comes out. I think we need to be taking a harder look at what our wonderful world of electronics is doing to our planet: cancer rates, destruction of nature for 'rare earth minerals/metals', effects on animals, plants, etc.

Hopefully we can figure out a way to insulate the bees, or develop different forms of communication before its too late.

Fascinating stuff. SAVE THE BEES!!!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I totally agree, our love for the conveniences of modern day technology has opened up a Pandora's Box that we now cannot close.

R & D has not been mindful of the consequences and repercussions of the components of high tech, and now we have started a juggernaut effect that must now run its due course unimpaired.

The EPA is only in the US, but it really does not matter when manufacts are pumping poison into our air, water and food via other non-regulated countries who just pump and dump at will.

Now the piper must be paid in blood, with the extinction of species and eventually the human species.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

Facebook is BS set up with the government to catalog, categorize and inventory the compliant cattle of the earth.

At least with the bees, they pollinated plants and made the earth fertile. I am no tree hugger, but I know if it was between my cellphone and the bees I would prefer the bees!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This certainly true,bees communicate through different frequencies and vibrations.but i dont think cellphones were the culprits,i think haarp and other technologies like it bieng used to test high radio frequencies caused this.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I found this website when all the birds were dying a few months ago. There are numerous reports listed dating from 1976 to the present regarding EMF and EMR's effect on wildlife. If you scroll down toward the bottom you will find reports pertaining to bees. It really made me question my need for a cell phone. I haven't given it up yet but I have definitely thought about it.
www.livingplanet.be...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Here's where it gets interesting.

Will people give up the convenience and luxury of the cellphone to save their own lives and, indeed, humanity?

Sadly, I'm thinking not.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

kosmicjack,

I for one would drop them cold turkey like I did with cigarettes 20 years ago.

I have been cellular since 1986 with my Motorola bag phone and Skypager, and I dread knowing back then the damages I was inadvertently doing to the environment!

I don't talk that much on my cellphones except for business anyway, other than that I cut them off and toss them into my phone basket and forget about them.

_________side note:_____________
Hey kosmicjack, I love your sig btw!!!
````````````````````````````````````````````````'''''```

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The weird thing is: Cell Phones have been around for quite some time, they're not something new. My father has a cell phone since 1995, that's over 15 years now. Car phones have been around before and they worked on the same system.
So....did bees decide to die now because...? because what? If Cell Phones are bad, they would have died 10 years ago. Even i have a cell phone since 2000. Why only in the past 3-4 years? It doesn't make much sense

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

But the sheer volume of cell phones and cellular activity has increased exponentially. An entire generation of people use them as their primary source of communication.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyray

sorry but i am not buying there apparent so called studies

A study today came from york university saying that reading these studies will make you believe that is real and truth, along on the lines of seeing is believing.

see^

edit on 13-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

We have heated the airwaves about as hot as we can heat them up and live an "acceptable" time.

Think about it, we have it right under the med-high microwave spectrum!
edit on 13-5-2011 by maestromason because: *correction

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
The weird thing is: Cell Phones have been around for quite some time, they're not something new. My father has a cell phone since 1995, that's over 15 years now. Car phones have been around before and they worked on the same system.
So....did bees decide to die now because...? because what? If Cell Phones are bad, they would have died 10 years ago. Even i have a cell phone since 2000. Why only in the past 3-4 years? It doesn't make much sense

Not necessarily, It would take time, and you have various factors involved like:

distance from cellphones

distance from cell towers

exposure time from cell phones

exposure time from cell towers

intensity from cell phones

intensity from cell towers

the suburban/city towers and cells phones are closer and higher in Hz than are rural exposures

, all of those separate factors play a part, they were not just exposed overnight to our high frequency radio system, this took decades for it to take its course.
edit on 14-5-2011 by maestromason because: *correction

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

cell phones are like smoking, people say they will kill ya , but still people carry on regardless ..then we have a couple of people die of bird flu and our government go on a killing spree ,not to mention spending billions on pointless vaccines..wonder what flu we will get this year ...man flu?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join