It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut moves full-steam ahead with medical marijuana bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Connecticut moves full-steam ahead with medical marijuana bill

www.naturalnews.com...

"States have a right to decide this for themselves," said Michael P. Lawlor, senior criminal justice adviser for Conn. Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, to the Connecticut Mirror. State officials insist that the federal government has no right to call the shots concerning state medical marijuana laws, and that they are prepared to deal with federal backlash should it occur.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

--
Couldn't find anything about this in the search. NaturalNews needs to be looked at more from ATS members! The state said it's Prepared to deal with federal backlash. As in, they planned this in the thoughts of the Fed busting in. As in they were doing this before they made it offical planning on how to "DEAL" with the Federal Goven't. They announce that they will DEAL with them, as though they are a problem or issue that get's in the way. Now Federal law's are in place to keep the peace, but some cross boundaries that state's should deal with themselfs. And this is one of them. I wonder how future event's will play with things like this. This is news, and shouldn't be against ATS rules about talk of use/legalization, as it's not opinion. It's news that's being reported.

I have seen and posted in other Marijuana Threads.
I have to say in advance you should NOT discuss use of Marijuana and you should NOT talk about legalization outside this content. I am not a Mod but for the sake of not seeing a bunch of "Against T&C" post i wanted to warn you in advance. Also Cheer's to all that live in Connecticut.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Good news! Also found this today through the NORML facebook.

networkedblogs.com...
edit on 13-5-2011 by hazey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

S&F for you! Thank you for the news as I'm always interested in what's happening about medical Mary jane.

The Federal government is ready to arrest any & all sick people growing pot, so don't worry America, Uncle Sam has got your back

edit on 13-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i never understood how someone hundreds to thousands of miles away can try to tell you what to put in your body. espiecally something that grows naturally and doesnt need to be chemically enhanced.

but then again someone has to keep that drug cartels and alphabet gangs in business.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It is good to see the States flexing some muscle.... finally. At the end of the day, it should be the States that decide these things, not the Federal Government.

top topics

join