It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEALs wore helmet-mounted cameras in bin Laden raid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

The burden of proof is on Obama and frankly, this story isn't very believable. The only thing that keeps me from being 100% convinced it is all BS is the stealth helicopter. But all this really proves is that they attacked and killed some unnamed Pakistanis in a compound.

It was said in a earlier report that there was a 50/50 chance OBL was at this location when Obama order the raid, and I think they struck out.
edit on 13/5/11 by ZIVONIC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
reply to post by blupblup

I agree. How else did people think there was video? Did everyone really picture Private Jackson running behind the SEALs carrying a Flip Camera? They also said there was a large chunk of footage that was blacked out due to technical problems, and that was a lie as it was released this week that the cameras recorded everything. I want to see Bin Laden on film, and I want to see his head when the bullet tears through it, and I want a Pakistani midget on film in the background, holding a newspaper with the date on it.

HAHAHA!!! Awesome post!
edit on 13-5-2011 by pyrodude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Good question.
Saddam was held for months for trial in his own country by his own people. Of course the Iraqi people wanted the rest of the world to see Iraqi's carry out justice for what Saddam had done to them. He was their leader, in their country. They carried out justice and publicized it.

REMEMBER?

Also, I never said there weren't questions about this case. However, I was simply pointing out the obvious and very real fact that many here even if and when presented with evidence have already made up their minds to the point that even if something were to be released that it would be considered questionable or simply fake.

Case in point.

Just read many of the replies in this thread alone.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Credible evidence would have been fine. But instead, all we get is a video of the back of some dudes head. F8cking retarded way to show the people back home (300 million of them) that you took down public enemy number one.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

I agree. How else did people think there was video? Did everyone really picture Private Jackson running behind the SEALs carrying a Flip Camera? They also said there was a large chunk of footage that was blacked out due to technical problems, and that was a lie as it was released this week that the cameras recorded everything. I want to see Bin Laden on film, and I want to see his head when the bullet tears through it, and I want a Pakistani midget on film in the background, holding a newspaper with the date on it.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

Isn't there an occupation within military called "combat cameraman". Not sure if they'd follow seals but isn't their job so to speak to run behind the guys with cams and only shoot if shot at or in such a desperate situation?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't know if I should be disappointed in myself or not for wanting the older method of showcasing kills upon pikes and boards...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Those guys shoot stills, not video, and I'm pretty sure they don't [allegedly] storm compounds being occupied by Bin Laden and co with a Kodak in hand. They may come in afterwards to take their pics, but that's not the point at hand. I was commenting on the taping of "video", of which many units in all branches have helmet cams, making the need for a 'video camera shadow' obsolete. While I'm sure there are a limited few who do shoot video, they still wouldn't be storming a target in this kind of scenario.
Combat Cameraman
Comnbat Cameraman 2
Combat Cameraman 3

edit on 13-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Oh. I was sure they've been shooting video too for awhile. At least in places I've heard that it used to be just stills back in the film days but since digital age they've done both. Well just an observation

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Well there should be PLENTY of incisive evidence, clearly showing Bin Laden during and after the raid. Especially (as already stated) after the raid... But the propagandists are already spinning a way to show the back of (the supposed) Bin Laden's head again, saying he was running away... Mark my words, they will never show anything other than the back of his head... But if they did, which they won't, I would gladly say ok I was wrong I believe you now. It's that easy. Show us something real. But they can't, and they won't because it's all lies.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

That's because they've painted themselves into a corner, and can't reveal video that doesn't exist. Its kind of funny actually. Like watching a teenager explain their way out of a DUI. A whole lot of "buts..." and complicated excuses and scenarios. For anyone that buys this bs, I've got some land I'll sell ya.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
No way is our govenment going to show the world how it shoots unarmed women and Bin Ladin imposters.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

Didnt the head of the CIA, say there was a blackout and they COULDNT see this live feed ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

Well thanks for the update, but Obama and the MSM can shove the whole event and all its various changes in story right up their posteriors.

I have absolutely no respect for them, their game playing, their lying, etc. I dont even care if they got him or not. They had every chance to be upfront with us, show us evidence, treat us like adults, and since they couldnt, I dont care if they show me crystal clear video at this point.

They treated us like morons, told us to just accept it or we were nutty conspiracy theorists, and mocked anyone who questioned their ridiculous excuses for dumping the body, or who pointed out that their story changed more times than a babies diaper.

I know everything I need to know about the Osama raid. My government has no respect for me, or the truth.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by binkbonk
Let's f*cking see the video then. I'm sick of this sh*t from our government. Prove it!
And show Bin Laden or it's just more propaganda.

Like that would convince many here...

People already have their minds made up and would simply cry that it is fake/photshopped/CGI etc.

pffft.

Slayer - On an individual level, your life. How many times would you allow someone to be caught in an overt lie before you decided they are no longer worthy of your trust ? This becomes especially troublesome when the lier ( who stands to gain from said lie ) states, I have proof of what I say, however I will not offer enough to dispel your concern. These headsets can easily be extrapolated to government claims and a given individuals response.
Thanks

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Geese Lets inflate the bubble even more so now they had camera helmets and still cannot release anything hmmm
Well go figure it's because they feel its too confidential and may reveal something that may conflict with the stories Yemi UBLs wife will eventually say so it seems were at a stand still .. The US wants all information from UBLs wife well the question was why the hell didn’t they take her with .. she was an accomplice to a fugitive she knew her husband was a wanted man yeah so if she comes out and says certain stuff it could be very damaging to the US and to Pakistan

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIVONIC

The burden of proof is on Obama and frankly, this story isn't very believable. The only thing that keeps me from being 100% convinced it is all BS is the stealth helicopter. But all this really proves is that they attacked and killed some unnamed Pakistanis in a compound.

It was said in a earlier report that there was a 50/50 chance OBL was at this location when Obama order the raid, and I think they struck out.

Possibly the reasons why the Pakistanis are so p'ed off. I'm not saying you are lying about the report I'm a newbie to this site pretty much but can you find a link or something thats says about the 50/50 chance I just like to show people and get them to try and realise not everything is true. What about the helicopter? What are you saying is that why bother using a stealth helicopter? Just curious as to what you mean

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Exactly, and because it was streaming, they weren't holding the cameras, but were mounted. Common knowledge, not so common for some news reporters. According to some sources, that or at least a few articles where a Politician is said to have seen picture/s, unless they were stills/crops of the digital streaming footage, there were other cameras and that almost seems a given. To say, they did/ or may have had separate cameras, not hooked up for streaming web, for photos as well.

edit on 13-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: correction

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I couldn't help but think of this

brill
edit on 13-5-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I'd have to find the report, but it it said that they weren't sure 100% that OBL was at the compound, the CIA or whatever thought it was a 50/50 chance he could be there. It is probably just BS like the rest of this story. It is not very important, other then the possibility that Obama received bad intelligence (see number 2).

As for the stealth helicopter, the reason I mention it is because they obviously risked some tech going into this compound, not sure why though. So the whole raid isn't fantasyland, something did happen.

I see three possible scenarios...

1) The whole thing was staged, accidentally crashed the helicopter. The only possibility I can think of for using the helo was because they needed to avoid the Pakistani detection, and they needed this to go perfectly without the ISI catching on (to limit those in "the know"). I'm scratching my head on why this story wasn't well rehearsed.

As for the mission
A) Create a crime scene. The people killed were in the wrong place at the wrong time, the CIA needed a compound to raid and their number came up. Family kidnapped at a different location.
B) Osama's family was living there, Osama wasn't because he spent the last decade six-feet-under. Went in and killed some servants and kidnapped his family.

2) They went in to kill some high level Taliban/Al Qaeda guys that weren't even there, they crashed the helicopter, the whole thing backfired and they ended up killing some Pakistani citizens. To cover their behinds, they pulled out this OBL stuff to avoid an international crisis. I would assume the reason the story keeps changing is because the PR department didn't have one preplanned, which is against their status quo.

3) They got him and Obama is telling the truth, I still need a video, they corned themselves by saying it was all on tape.

I'm speculating here, don't believe what I say.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Video of OBL being buried at sea.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join