It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy: Gadhafi likely wounded, fled Tripoli

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

ROME (AP) — Moammar Gadhafi may have fled Tripoli and at least one Catholic official in Tripoli reports that the Libyan strongman has been hurt, the Italian foreign minister said Friday.

Franco Frattini said that Tripoli's bishop has said Gadhafi is "probably wounded." Frattini stressed that Italy has "no hard information on the current fate of Gadhafi."
Still, "I tend to take as credible the words of the Tripoli Archbishop (Giovanni) Martinelli who tells us that Gadhafi is very probably outside of Tripoli and probably also wounded," the ANSA news agency quoted Frattini as telling reporters on the sidelines of a conference.
Frattini said "international pressure has likely provoked the decision by Gadhafi to seek refuge in a safe place." That comment came during a TV interview with Corriere della Sera that was posted on the newspaper's website.

Not sure what to make of this yet but I will be following it.

USAToday

edit on 5/13/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
"probably wounded"...

He either is, or he isn't. Sounds like guesswork to me.
edit on 13-5-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I went from hating Gadaffi to pulling for him. Hopefully he beats the machine, but I doubt it. lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I neither hate him or am in favor of him.

What changed your mind?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

That guy really needs to hit the gym. That sweaty double chin must go!

All jokes aside, sweet find. I'd like to point out that it's very interesting this information is coming out of Rome. Those kooky Catholics have better intelligence than all countries combined
sneaky sneaky
edit on 13-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

I neither hate him or am in favor of him.

What changed your mind?

I'm interested to here this to as I am unsure what to think or feel about the whole thing. However I do know that the whole "turn it over to NATO" thing is a crock.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The thing that changed my mind was how fast the west moved to attack and how the "rebels" seemed to be pretty well armed from the start. Also the fact that the events in Yemen and Bahrain pretty much go ignored. I'm sure he's not the greatest, but the country seemed to be pretty well off and independent of the bankers before all this started.
edit on 13-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I HATE to agree with you on this one but....
Yep, I would love to see him beat the odds and Unite Africa.
They could do so much if all of them were pulling all in the same direction.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Gadhafi made a good choice, rather then been another saddam.

As for the western mainstream news i no longer watch it,after the stunt they pulled in libya.
but that wasn't there first time, i often ask this how can these reporters sleep at night? even if they are reporters at all.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

The thing that changed my mind was how fast the west moved to attack and how the "rebels" seemed to be pretty well armed from the start. Also the fact that the events in Yemen and Bahrain pretty much go ignored. I'm sure he's not the greatest, but the country seemed to be pretty well off and independent of the bankers before all this started.
edit on 13-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

I agree with you on this. Also reports that we were supporting Al-Queda, which I'm sure we are. It's funny that whilst supporting some of these terrorists, we were killing their leader??

Nevermind, we'll soon see a Costa Coffee spring up in every street in Libya.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

dont worry people later in libya after the rebels win will be begging Gadhafi to come back in power.

top topics

join